• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crateman

Now I know what Kojima meant with "No Place To Hide!" :lol

The sad part is that I don't even feel completely safe in here. Someone could pull an account suicide... people are just plain crazy...

Zyzyxxz

Klone.K said:
Gamefaq is very infected.
I read through the titles letter by letter so if I see any "dangerous" words I quickly move onto the next. But mods are doing a good job now, theyre getting rid of threads with title spoilers in a matter of seconds.

ugh I can't belive gamefaqs has turned into such a nub trap.

I use to frequent that forum so much....*sigh* oh how it has degraded so much.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
brandonh83 said:
well compared to everywhere else on the internet, this feels like an... outer... haven. I mean yes that could change on THIS PAGE.
anytime i see CAPS in a post i could swear its a SPOILER

im THAT PARANOID

hulot said:
Would it be possible to get a version of this without the CG characters. Just pure Shinkawa?

Absolutely unfortunately i wont be back in the office(Where I should be working but spend the majority of my time surfing gaf and making game related designs) till monday so can you PM me so I remember.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've not been spoiled yet but it's going to happen because people are just not thinking clearly. If you've been spoiled, don't say a goddamn word. Why do we care what you think of the spoilers you've read? If we cared, we'd read the spoilers. Which is the opposite of what we're doing. So stfu please. There needs to be an MGS4 spoiler thread so you can wallow in self pity or something.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dralla said:
Don't look out your windows, I just looked outside and there was some guy holding up a sign with MGS4 spoilers!! wTFZZZ
Oh shit guys, time to bail out of real life.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Klone.K said:
Gamefaq is very infected.
I read through the titles letter by letter so if I see any "dangerous" words I quickly move onto the next. But mods are doing a good job now, theyre getting rid of threads with title spoilers in a matter of seconds.
good bless them.

*salute*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BruceLeeRoy said:
Absolutely unfortunately i wont be back in the office(Where I should be working but spend the majority of my time surfing gaf and making game related designs) till monday so can you PM me so I remember.
6 daiz? >__>

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hear if you are spoiled... you become one of them. In your misery you will attempt to spoil others... like some sort of spoiler zombie plague.

Y2Kev said:
I've not been spoiled yet but it's going to happen because people are just not thinking clearly. If you've been spoiled, don't say a goddamn word. Why do we care what you think of the spoilers you've read? If we cared, we'd read the spoilers. Which is the opposite of what we're doing. So stfu please. There needs to be an MGS4 spoiler thread so you can wallow in self pity or something.

No further encouragements! A spoiler thread before even the game is release? Good god no!!

Stench

Banned
Y2Kev said:
EXACTLY

YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS

STOP TRYING TO ACT "SPECIAL"

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so i have this frying pan in my left head for extreme measures. If I see a spoiler so significant that I must forget it, i'm committed to knocking myself unconscious. I propose everyone else do the same.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yoboman said:
Let's just hope that NeoGAF doesn't approve any new members in the next week :\
Got to lock down those borders. This is worse than the red scare.

BocoDragon said:
I hear if you are spoiled... you become one of them. In your misery you will attempt to spoil others... like some sort of spoiler zombie plague.

I'm bitting my nails in fear here! We can only hold them off for so long!!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Yoboman said:
Let's just hope that NeoGAF doesn't approve any new members in the next week :\
good idea.

especially if they have a name like "ILIKESTOSPOIL"

anyway, i think im gunna bail soon >___>. This thread feels like the surface of the sun.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
HomerSimpson-Man said:
I'm bitting my nails in fear here! We can only hold them off for so long!!
shits intense >___>

its so bad i feel like there might be a spoiler in my own posts <___<

Oh shit, people spoiling MGS4 in Resistance lobbies. The fuck, now I can't even play an online game. I was thinking of playing some Resistance to pass the time, too.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BlockBastard said:
Oh shit, people spoiling MGS4 in Resistance lobbies. The fuck, now I can't even play an online game. I was thinking of playing some Resistance to pass the time, too.
i feel like hiding under a soundproof cardboardbox

Ephemeris

The Internet: TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION.
MGS3SUB_n03_2001-2--article_image.jpg

brandonh83 said:
This is the only place I feel safe. I hope it stays that way, too. If I can successfully come to this thread and continue discussion without being spoiled until I beat the game, I will seriously write a love letter to GAF.
Agreed.

Kagari said:
I has not seen any spoilers. Yay for working 8 hours a day :eek:
Until someone comes in and hits you with a spoiler. Be wary.

Y2Kev

*runs into kagari's gamestop*

OMG OTACON IS ACTUALLY A BROOM

*runs out*

edit: Or as someone in gaf would write:

"I've just been spoiled. I don't want to spoil anyone, but the spoiler just blew my mind. Someone who you think you know a lot about...well let's just say that some details about them have been swept under the rug."

Ephemeris

Y2Kev said:
"I've just been spoiled. I don't want to spoil anyone, but the spoiler just blew my mind. Someone who you think you know a lot about...well let's just say that some details about them have been swept under the rug."
:lol :lol

So I walked in to Wal-Mart tonight to get a Father's Day card with my fiance', and walked out with this!

MGS4.jpg

I preordered the Limited Edition MGS4 at Gamestop, so I don't know if I'm even gonna open this copy of the game, but at least now I have the 80 gig PS3 I've been waiting for, and a week early at that!

My college graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning. Happy graduation to me!
:D

Y2Kev

WHAT THE FUCK

FUCK YOU WALMART AHHHh

/me gets in car and goes to walmart

this is why you don't ship games a week ahead of launch!!!!

Randam_Hajile said:
So I walked in to Wal-Mart tonight to get a Father's Day card with my fiance', and walked out with this!

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u316/SilhouetteNinja/MGS4.jpg

I preordered the Limited Edition MGS4 at Gamestop, so I don't know if I'm even gonna open this copy of the game, but at least now I have the 80 gig PS3 I've been waiting for, and a week early at that!

Have fun :)

Volcynika

Randam_Hajile said:

NO FAIR! :< (Congrats though!)

Sallokin

Randam_Hajile said:

MGS4.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Ploid 3.0

Bulla564 said:
Screw MGS4. Sneaking around the internet without getting spoiled is the best game Kojima has created.

I'm living on the edge even by being in this thread.

I was thinking the same thing. I have to start using stealth browsing techniques.

Randam_Hajile said:

MGS4.jpg

Holy shit! :O

Yoboman

Forums have changed. Our time has ended. Our system war is over.

System wars have changed, it's no longer about consoles, ideologies. It's not even about profits, software, or NPDs.

It's an endless series of of proxy spoilers, spread by resentful fanboys and griefers.

System wars and it's vast consumption of human intellect, has become an irrational, game-ruining transaction

System wars have changed

Continuing from an earlier meme

Randam_Hajile said:

MGS4.jpg

SHIT FUCK SHIT HOLY

Sallokin said:
Was it just out on the sales floor? I'm seriously thinking about heading out to grab one just for the game.

Yeah, it was in the glass case with the 40 gigs. I asked if I could buy it and they said yes. It was the only one in the case, but they were still unloading shipment for the night so they may be getting more.

jiggle said:
did u get 100 bucks off that, Randam?
No, nor did I get the $100 Blu-Ray coupon. But oh well.

Crateman

I know this could be extreme, but desperate times lead to desperate measures:

I'm aware of this Firefox extension called Greasemonkey that enables you to run certain scripts over your webpages. And I know there's a way to filter certain words...

So, wouldn't it be great if some made an script that removed certain words -regarding the MGS4 story- from every webpage you visit?

Best case scenario would be that someone who has already been spoiled programed the script... but that's just wishful thinking. Reality continues to betray me :(

---

Ok, the fact that people are starting to their hands on American copies of the game makes me wonder if I could find a copy here in Mexico. As some people might recall, people started getting Super Smash. Bros. Brawl 2 weeks earlier than the street date in the US. I will hit some spot tomorrow and ask if they know anything about the game.

Ploid 3.0

Yoboman said:
Forums have changed. Our time has ended. Our system war is over.

System wars have changed, it's no longer about consoles, ideologies. It's not even about profits, software, or NPDs.

It's an endless series of of proxy spoilers, spread by resentful fanboys and griefers.

System wars and it's vast consumption of human intellect, has become an irrational, game-ruining transaction

System wars have changed

Continuing from an earlier meme

Oh wow, I can't stop laughing. I'm going for the flawless internet spoiler free browse. I need this big boss rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom