• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

EviLore said:
Well, as expected, someone targeted me with MGS4 endgame spoilers. A lot of overgrown children with shrunken testicles direct their angst my way; just something I have to deal with. Six days, friends, hang in there.

Damn :/

Fuck man. This is insane.
It's 9am here. I think I may try to marathon it and try to complete the game today :lol
Someone better not hack into my computer and steal some spoilerific bomb pictures i took for personal viewing. Infact, I'm leaving my pc off. I am gonna stay well within the compounds of this thread :lol

Darkpen

Banned
EviLore said:
Well, as expected, someone targeted me with MGS4 endgame spoilers. A lot of overgrown children with shrunken testicles direct their angst my way; just something I have to deal with. Six days, friends, hang in there.
aww

but wow, 6 days.

SamuraiX-

dabookerman said:
Fuck man. This is insane.
It's 9am here. I think I may try to marathon it and try to complete the game today :lol
Someone better not hack into my computer and steal some spoilerific bomb pictures i took for personal viewing. Infact, I'm leaving my pc off. I am gonna stay well within the compounds of this thread :lol

Welcome back. :D

More spoiler-free impressions please! ^_^

Jeez, 6 days is REALLY starting to feel like an eternity.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
dabookerman said:
Um, everything I saw in MGO is present. Don't know about anything else. Also, weapon customisation and drebins shop is brilliant, especially if you run out of ammo. Really useful, but maybe too easy?
I was hoping that ammo would be a bit harder to find in MGS4. In previous MGS games you could find ammo everywhere. If they limited the ammo then it would make things more strategic.

Ephemeris

I'm beginning to wonder if I should try to get the game early now -__- but then I'd end up with three (possibly 4) copies of the game -_-

psycho_snake

Crateman said:
Now I know what Kojima meant with "No Place To Hide!" :lol
:lol

Its crazy. You cant even play games online without worrying someone is going to spoil it for you.

Zyzyxxz

psycho_snake said:

Its crazy. You cant even play games online without worrying someone is going to spoil it for you.

yeah its pretty pathetic.

Good thing I have final exams next week so I'm actually trying to stay off the computer for my own academic good

Darkpen

Banned
psycho_snake said:

seriously, brings new meaning to "No place to hide" D:

Kojima am prophet? :lol

EviLore said:
Shit man, really sorry to hear that :(
Here's hoping that it wasn't that bad.

Ephemeris

devilchicken said:
Which is why im totally staying away from MGO and pretty much any other online game until im done with the game :lol
THIS.

And I'm off.
2422222114_de73c75f1d.jpg

Question, maybe the answer could be a spoiler though, I dunno. Does Raiden's exoskeleton have Octocam or something similar? I've only seen him in that one environment, and his color scheme was the same as his surroundings, and it just seems like some sort of special camo would be a no-brainer for a technological thingamajigger like him.

psycho_snake

Zyzyxxz said:
yeah its pretty pathetic.

Good thing I have final exams next week so I'm actually trying to stay off the computer for my own academic good
yeah I've got my exams next week too. I'm trying to stay off the computer for my own academic good, but my attempts to do so are horribly failing.

Its just my luck that MGS4 comes out next week. If it was any other game, I'd be work properly and not play the game until exams are done. I'm telling myself to not play MGS4 until exams are finished on the 18th, but I know that isnt going to happen :(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Randam_Hajile said:
So I walked in to Wal-Mart tonight to get a Father's Day card with my fiance', and walked out with this!

MGS4.jpg

I preordered the Limited Edition MGS4 at Gamestop, so I don't know if I'm even gonna open this copy of the game, but at least now I have the 80 gig PS3 I've been waiting for, and a week early at that!

My college graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning. Happy graduation to me!
:D

Lucky guy. Because of you I am going to Walmart after work

Doc Evils

EviLore said:

Damn man my condolences. :(

hirokazu

Hay guys, I'm back from bailing out of here yesterday to brave the storm!

Crateman said:
I'm aware of this Firefox extension called Greasemonkey that enables you to run certain scripts over your webpages. And I know there's a way to filter certain words...

So, wouldn't it be great if some made an script that removed certain words -regarding the MGS4 story- from every webpage you visit?

Best case scenario would be that someone who has already been spoiled programed the script... but that's just wishful thinking. Reality continues to betray me :(
And to help me continue reading GAF without getting spoilers, I've modified an existing Greasemonkey script to replace most Metal Gear terminology with "the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo". :D

It won't block everything, but it will at least help. Anything that helps is good for me.

If anyone else wants to use it, I put it up here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unspoiler.user.js

Lakitu

st5fu
Remember there is supposed to be a "project" unveiled on June 12th, the release of MGS 4, anybody know what this is? Could it be "project S" that we've been hearing about? (The successor of Snatcher)

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
hirokazu said:
Hay guys, I'm back from bailing out of here yesterday to brave the storm!

And to help me continue reading GAF without getting sexy times, I've modified an existing Greasemonkey script to replace most Metal Gear terminology with "the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo". :D

It won't block everything, but it will at least help. Anything that helps is good for me.

If anyone else wants to use it, I put it up here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unsexy time.user.js

Hey, that's cool. Thank you!

[HP]

dabookerman said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Act 4 :OOOOOOO

If you call yourself an MGS fan, you will truly be jizzing uncontrollably. What utter fangasm.

Oh man.......... I wanna play it, stop teasing us, lol.

hirokazu

dabookerman said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

Act 4 :OOOOOOO

If you call yourself an MGS fan, you will truly be jizzing uncontrollably. What utter fangasm.
You are awesome. I wish I could be awesome too.

Fucking spoilers, Gaf is the only place I'm going to go from now 'till June 12th.

I will probably be doing that through out my entire playtime.

When exactly did the Patriots form? I know it is around the events of MGS3, but do we have a date? Also, who was Ocelot ultimately working for in MGS3?

Yoboman

EviLore said:
That sucks :(

[HP] said:
What are you using to record the output of ps3 to a video? just out of curiosity.

If youre asking me, well im just using a digi cam. Its a shitty capture.
I did take a gameplay vid from act 3, no story spoilers whatsoever. But it does show gameplay and so forth. I guess that could be the last thing I upload if anyone wants to see. Also, even if someone did post a screeny from the vid, its something you lot should have seen by now.

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:
If youre asking me, well im just using a digi cam. Its a shitty capture.
I did take a gameplay vid from act 3, no story spoilers whatsoever. But it does show gameplay and so forth. I guess that could be the last thing I upload if anyone wants to see. Also, even if someone did post a screeny from the vid, its something you lot should have seen by now.
is act 3 south america?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
No 1280x1024 wallpaper love? ;)
I tried to resize them for myself but without the original source material it's kinda hard without heavy cropping.

lherre

Accurate
Someone can explain me this (basically why MGO doesn't count as mgs4 online part)

GOW

9.5 Lasting Appeal
Even though the campaign isn't massive, you'll play it at least twice - once singleplayer, once co-op. Then you've got online to keep you busy for a while.

H3

9.0 Lasting Appeal
Short campaign, but almost limitless multiplayer. If you dig Halo's online action, you'll be in heaven.

CoD4

9 Lasting Appeal
The campaign's brevity is more than made up for by the addictive online mode.

MGS4

8,5 Lasting Appeal
Metal Gear Online or not, we came for the single-player game. We got just enough to balance out the cutscenes. There is definite replayability to be had, if you're passionate.

Is only a question because I notice that online is a "important" part en other games that have a "weak" single player, and I think MGO is very fun too.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
hirokazu said:
I just updated it. The original I put up was slow as fuck. This one goes through the page about 3-5x faster:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unspoiler.user.js

umm... thanks but something must be wrong. now I'm always getting a popup message about the milliseconds the site needs to load.

edit
I've deleted the
function DoneNow()
{
var et = new Date().valueOf();
alert("Milliseconds to complete: " + (et - st).toString()); //timer code
}
part. It seems to work now. :)

hirokazu

Oooops, forgot to remove the debug timer. I know minimal JavaScript, so I'm learning as I go, LOL. If anyone can do a better job...

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
hirokazu said:
Oooops, forgot to remove the debug timer. I know minimal JavaScript, so I'm learning as I go, LOL. If anyone can do a better job...

It's already working pretty good for me, I don't think we need someone to do "a better job". :)

Mromson

Lakitu said:
Remember there is supposed to be a "project" unveiled on June 12th, the release of MGS 4, anybody know what this is? Could it be "project S" that we've been hearing about? (The successor of Snatcher)
Plz plz plz plz plz plz yes!!!! :D (plz!)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ah! I'm back from the graduation... finally I can start F5:ing this thread <3

6 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom