• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Klone.K said:
This isn't a story spoiler, it's simply an answer to a question raised above. There isn't anything relating to the storyline there 0__o
I'm just telling you that that spoilered things don't sit well with me. Let's just leave it to PM's.

Or heed Evil's advice. I would rather not see a separate thread and just have mods give some people what they deserve for posting anything at this point. I would say no to a separate thread Evil. It's just inviting too much. Just crack the whip man. This is GAF we're talking about here, people should know how it works by now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
BlizzyAzz said:
Well I was there 1 hour before the signing started, and around 100 - 150 in front of me. Like I said before only item per customer / visitor can be signed, no photos bla bla bla, around 3 customers per minute. I waited like 45 mins probably after they start signing. But I guess SF will have much more attendees. For PPL who don't have anything to sign they give out these cards:

So if anyone brought anything, they couldn't get it signed?

EviLore said:
Seems best to allow a separate spoiler thread purely for the time between now and the release of the game. With the leaks and all I don't think anyone wants people throwing impressions in this thread so early, tagged spoilers or not.

Thanks a lot! I just hope to God I don't click that thread by accident during one of my late night GAF visits. :lol

EviLore said:
Seems best to allow a separate spoiler thread purely for the time between now and the release of the game. With the leaks and all I don't think anyone wants people throwing impressions in this thread so early, tagged spoilers or not.

What would be the rules of the thread? Would I still be allowed to divulge in story discussion?
Or would it be best to leave it till later, incase we have some spoiler suicides in this thread.

I'm guessing the latter

hirokazu

Klone.K said:
Most of you know I don`t care much for the gameplay but I just watched some gameplay videos from
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
(10 minutes with no cutscenes) and it's really bad ass...*stuff*
I absent minded highlighted that without thinking. Holy shit my script worked though! Fuck yeah! But yeah, you should stop doing this, as peole have been repeatedly saying for many many pages now.

EviLore said:
Which reminds me, I thought this:
rulestitle.jpg

meant that any spoilers, tagged or not, are a bannable offense in here before June 12? :(

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Spoiler thread is up. ALL spoilers prior to the release of the game should go in that thread, NOT this thread. Until the game's released in normal channels and people start posting (properly tagged) impressions here, ALL spoilers should be in that thread, NOT THIS THREAD, even if they're tagged.

hirokazu

BlizzyAzz said:
Well I was there 1 hour before the signing started, and around 100 - 150 in front of me. Like I said before only item per customer / visitor can be signed, no photos bla bla bla, around 3 customers per minute. I waited like 45 mins probably after they start signing. But I guess SF will have much more attendees. For PPL who don't have anything to sign they give out these cards.
Yeah, neither of the two friends I mentioned care much about MGS4 though :)

BTW, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, but the US theatrical trailer went up on the Japanese PSN Store today in HD, along with some report about the MGS4 completion even at the cinema last month. Looks damn sweet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dabookerman said:
What would be the rules of the thread? Would I still be allowed to divulge in story discussion?
Or would it be best to leave it till later, incase we have some spoiler suicides in this thread.

I'm guessing the latter
I do appreciate your contributions but another spoiler filled thread would be too much. Why even discuss it at all before the masses have it? People could just avoid the thread, I know, but the fact that the game is being talked about here on GAF before it's out would be too much.

I also understand the crazy extents that some are going through to spoil it for people. It's sad and makes me see why another thread would be necessary. It's just frustrating that it has to happen with this game.

EviLore said:
Spoiler thread is up. ALL spoilers prior to the release of the game should go in that thread, NOT this thread. Until the game's released in normal channels and people start posting (properly tagged) impressions here, ALL spoilers should be in that thread, NOT THIS THREAD, even if they're tagged.

Just a tiny suggestion about the spoiler thread:

Would it be possible to start the name of the thread with something else besides MGS4? Having MGS4 right upfront really increases the chances of people clicking it by mistake, specially the ones that are not aware that there is a spoiler thread up and running.

Bulla564

Banned
How spoilerific is the MGS4 OST?

Does it spoil characters? locations? or events in the game? Please be general, NO SPECIFICS.

With that said, is there an OST with japanese names out there?

hirokazu

dabookerman said:

I'm guessing the latter
I like your impressions though! They don't spoil anything but they do give good information.

Yoboman

Bulla564 said:

Does it spoil characters? locations? or events in the game? Please be general, NO SPECIFICS.

There's one spoiler that's probably a very big one, and it gives the order of the bosses if that's anything important

Dever

Banned
BlockBastard said:

Would it be possible to start the name of the thread with something else besides MGS4? Having MGS4 right upfront really increases the chances of people clicking it by mistake, specially the ones that are not aware that there is a spoiler thread up and running.

There is a big empty space before the spoilers begin, so you won't see them when you first enter the thread.

Calcaneus

BlockBastard said:

Hey, it happened to me.........:(

I only caught a sentence though.

hirokazu

Bulla564 said:

No, despite the OST being from Japan, all the track titles are in English. Most track titles are perfectly safe, but I'd say a couple of them are pretty high up there on spoilers. I could be wrong though, because in the end, the track titles don't really confirm any thing, really. All the tracks for the Beauty and the Beast boss battles are named after each member though, so that could give away the order of their battles as well as the approximate point in the game in which you fight them.

EviLore said:
Changed the thread title of the spoiler thread.

Thanks! Spoiler thread hopefully keeps the bad stuff away from this one at least until the release.

Yoboman said:
I'm just assuming that, I could be totally wrong

Yeah, I don't remember the order of the boss themes anyway. I'm just gonna stop looking at the OST now.

hirokazu

BlockBastard said:
I did not think of this. Now that I have though, I can't unthink it.

BALLS
It doesn't worry me too much. We all know the BB Corps members, and I've already forgotten the track order, and I'll make such it stays that way until I play the game. Some of the other track titles, however, D:

tha_con

Banned
I've actually made a personal effort to rip the tracks from the CD I have and left the names as "Track 1, Track 2" etc. I've been greatly enjoying the tracks, and I have no clue what they are called (excpet the
BB Corps
because I had that track sent to me before I bought the OST.

Bulla564

Banned
I'll pass on the OST then. The wait will be even more unbearable.

I've yet to replay MGS2, and I have 5 days to do it. Maybe that will keep mi mind off the pain.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bulla564 said:

I've yet to replay MGS2, and I have 5 days to do it. Maybe that will keep mi mind off the pain.

Well, if you just put it on something, like Itunes, and just shuffle it and don't look at the title...you get to enjoy the music and not know where it's used!

Bulla564 said:

I finished my replay of MGS2 last weekend, and I'm pretty close to finishing up my replay of MGS3. I still have Portable Ops, though. I recently bought a PSP, so I've never played PO.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Bulla564 said:

MGS2 is still fun to play, but after playing MGS3, it feels weird going back to a MGS game with no CQC.

Volcynika

Lonestar said:
Well, if you just put it on something, like Itunes, and just shuffle it and don't look at the title...you get to enjoy the music and not know where it's used!

Haha, I've kinda been doing that. I put it in shuffle, don't even look at the track names, and just listen.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Is there a gameplay video of snake fighting one of the gekko's?

In interested to see what they're like when you fight them. In the trailers they look strong and I'm hoping they're going to be tough to deal with when you encounter one. I dont want it to so hard that you'll get destroyed by it, but hard enough so that you'll have a hard time getting away from it and an ever harder time trying to kill them.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
psycho_snake said:
MGS2 is still fun to play, but after playing MGS3, it feels weird going back to a MGS game with no CQC.
Of course, MGS2 is a more streamlined game with every inch feeling perfectly designed. The camo and food systems in MGS3 along with the open environments really give it a different feel. MGS2 holds up in its own way and remains one of the most polished games I've ever played. It still feels incredible.

karasu

dark10x said:
Of course, MGS2 is a more streamlined game with every inch feeling perfectly designed. The camo and food systems in MGS3 along with the open environments really give it a different feel. MGS2 holds up in its own way and remains one of the most polished games I've ever played. It still feels incredible.

The controls sure feel weird.

Barrett2

Umm, I just got a friend request over PSN. I haven't gotten one in weeks. I am seriously scared right now! They've found me!

/Snake?....Snaake?..........Snaaaaaake!!!

Bulla564

Banned
Lonestar said:
Yeah, try playing MGS1 (PSX) after 2 or 3. Totally feels off.

I was surprised (played MGS1 right after MGS3) and I was able to jump right in, except for the fact that I kept rushing MGS1 enemies to pull off combos or chokeholds, and got my ass kicked. The game was made for gunfights, and hiding away from enemies.

It was amazing to see the progression in gameplay back to back.

P.S. Based on the Beta, MGS4 is the epitome of gameplay for the series.

Darkpen

Banned
dark10x said:
karasu said:
The controls sure feel weird.
MGS1 is a polished MG2, MGS2 is a polished MGS1.

MGS3 > Portable Ops > MGS4 is the awkward evolutionary growth of what started as merely CQC and stalking tacked onto MGS2's formula, but then the creation of MGO showed the gameplay's true faults (though people still managed regardless).

Octocamo is how the camo system should've been from the beginning, but hardware limitations are hardware limitations.

Portable Ops is a sort of awkward middleground between MGS3:S and MGS4, showing how they wanted to streamline controls, yet aren't exactly there. The first evolution was using the L shoulder to whip out your gun.

MGS4 is ultimately where the controls have been perfected, though many still question making the Square button the toggle button for auto-aim. MGS4 makes me go back to MGS3, and wish the game had MGS4 controls.

Speaking of portable ops, though, I wish they didn't make it the way they did. I would have really preferred a classic MGS top-down view, and I think the game would have benefited from it, too. Oh well, what can you do.

Sallokin

No luck at my local wal-mart. They said to keep checking but I think our buddy who got the bundle early is going to be a one of a kind guy. Here's hoping K-mart screws up.

Brucelee , one last request.

could you move the models of snake,raiden and meryl under the text like the pic Blizzyazz posted, and make the text less pink and more red.

If your busy you can just send me the PSD file.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Sallokin said:
No luck at my local wal-mart. They said to keep checking but I think our buddy who got the bundle early is going to be a one of a kind guy. Here's hoping K-mart screws up.
im going to walmart to pick up a ps3 today maybe i should slip in a "soooo, you got any of them that metel gear solid 4s around?"

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sallokin said:
Indeed. My Wal-Mart has a big MGS4 sticker on the glass with June 12th written on it. :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
hirokazu said:
I just updated it. The original I put up was slow as fuck. This one goes through the page about 3-5x faster:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unspoiler.user.js
Thanks for this. Just tested it on the MGS2 wiki page.

It is revealed that La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo has received a new arm following Metal Gear Solid, that of the late La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo, which via unknown means causes a change in La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo's demeanor and behavior, with La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo somehow 'possessing' him.[35] Under La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo's control he sinks the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo,[36] and escapes with LA-LI-LU-LE-LO before regaining command of his body.
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom