• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
jvalioli said:
Everytime around a big release I spend hours upon hours trying to get it early but it never happens. Sad thing is that I will keep doing it. : (

Same here, I have tried and tried no luck except for Mass Effect, which I found by accident nearly two weeks before launch, and I dont have a damn 360!

Synless

DieH@rd said:
everyone, just add 4CHAN.ORG @ your block list. The shit has hit the fan there...
I just went there and witnessed the biggest fucking spoiler, I'm really pissed at myself...... it seriously ruined a huge part of the game, one picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crateman

WHY PEOPLE, WHY!?!?!

Knowing how things are right now, why do you tempt your luck and "take a peek" at dangerous places?

4chan and GameFAQs are pretty much "GAF AM SPOILED". Don't push your luck. Go outside, read a book, or learn how to smoke.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Crateman said:
WHY PEOPLE, WHY!?!?!

Knowing how things are right now, why do you tempt your luck and "take a peek" at dangerous places?

4chan and GameFAQs are pretty much "GAF AM SPOILED". Don't push your luck. Go outside, read a book, or learn how to smoke.

But um! 4chan has other content that interests me. :D :lol

Yoboman

"Hey guys don't go in that cage full of tigers, they'll eat you alive"

"Well I better just go in to make sure" - NeoGAF

Synless

Yoboman said:

:lol I didnt expect the spoiler to be the first thing I saw when I went there, fucking sucks........

Sallokin

Just got back from my wal-mart they said they will get the bundles with their 8 a.m. delivery along with the game and that I could come back then and grab either or. Here's keeping my fucking fingers crossed there's an idiot working tomorrow in the a.m.

Crateman

Elbrain said:
But um! 4chan has other content that interests me. :D :lol

Here my boy, take this. It's called Penthouse. In the old days, this was as good as it got. :D

---

To change toppics a bit: Have ever one of you guys, at least, felt the curiosity to smoke just because Snake does? Or in some way has MGS influenced you to smoking? I don't smoke, but I've tryed and my only two reason where: 1) Snake does it 2)Bob Dylan did it.

As of now there's only one spoiler thread on 4chan. I've seen the image but I didn't look at it long enough to actually know what I saw.

It'll get worse closer to release, but right now /b/ is actually pretty safe.

Simo

Luckily working 14 hours today meant I missed all the spoiler commotion but going back a few pages I came across this...
De-mon said:
Cool. But I like mine too :D

2cwjyc0.jpg

Holy hell!!

Do we now have the theatrical poster in a higher resolution or is the image from elsewhere?!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yoboman said:

"Dont touch the plate, its hot"

*touches* Ow!

Its so tempting to look...I WANT TO KNOW...but I will stay away...

Jtrizzy

Sallokin said:
Just got back from my wal-mart they said they will get the bundles with their 8 a.m. delivery along with the game and that I could come back then and grab either or. Here's keeping my fucking fingers crossed there's an idiot working tomorrow in the a.m.

OOC, where do you live?

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
You have got to be fucking kidding me. My PS3 turns on, led turns green for 1 sec, then yellow for .5 sec, then keeps blinking red. None of my stuff is backed up. If I send it to Sony it will take a month to get back, but at least I have a 3 year Target warranty. Are they getting MGS4 bundles by any chance? If not, I am going to be seriously pissed. Come Thursday I will probably only have a MGS4LE and Strategy Guide LE, artbook, but no functioning PS3. :(

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Sallokin said:

If they do, be sure and post, plz.

It's too late for me to call mine now, but I'll check here tomorrow.

Here my boy, take this. It's called Penthouse. In the old days, this was as good as it got.

lol.

drknite said:
You have got to be fucking kidding me. My PS3 turns on, led turns green for 1 sec, then yellow for .5 sec, then keeps blinking red. None of my stuff is backed up. If I send it to Sony it will take a month to get back, but at least I have a 3 year Target warranty. Are they getting MGS4 bundles by any chance? If not, I am going to be seriously pissed. Come Thursday I will probably only have a MGS4LE and Strategy Guide LE, artbook, but no functioning PS3. :(
Just hire a PS3 from somewhere. Can't you do that at like blockbuster or somethin?

MrDaravon

g35twinturbo said:
They're always breaking street dates though , so it's nothing new

I think you misunderstand, the register LITERALLY should not be allowing them to sell the system; when it's rung up it should reject it as not for sale with the streetdate. I'm wondering if stores are getting their shipments of these earlier than planned and it hasn't been put in yet or something weird.

Jtrizzy

drknite said:

If you have a warranty I'm not sure what the big deal is. Not having your stuff backed up sucks, but won't Target replace it if you got a warranty?

Volcynika

Sallokin said:
New Mexico. You can bet your sweet asses that if they actually have it and actually sell to me the GAF collective will hear my screams of joy.

My friend lives in New Mexico! He hopes it's in his area.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
untoldhero said:
Funny thing is I went through Gamefaqs PS3 area and I didn't find anything. Maybe I am blind?

If you mean you're looking for spoilers, I believe enough people complained that the mods aren't allowing it anymore on the MGS4 gamefaqs board.

The one guy, Paul something or other, is posting on some other site.

edit:

I think you misunderstand, the register LITERALLY should not be allowing them to sell the system; when it's rung up it should reject it as not for sale with the streetdate. I'm wondering if stores are getting their shipments of these earlier than planned and it hasn't been put in yet or something weird.

Daravon, they can override a street date "block", I saw it done with my week early copy of Mass Effect at Kmart.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Jtrizzy said:
If you have a warranty I'm not sure what the big deal is. Not having your stuff backed up sucks, but won't Target replace it if you got a warranty?
Yeah but Target right now only has 40GB models and I use PS2 BC a lot. Thats why I hope they get the MGS4 bundles on thurs so I can get a 80GB to replace my 60Gb

Jtrizzy

How common is it that they ship these games a week early? Why do they do this?

drknite said:
Yeah but Target right now only has 40GB models and I use PS2 BC a lot. Thats why I hope they get the MGS4 bundles on thurs so I can get a 80GB to replace my 60Gb

Oh, damn that sucks. I have a 20 gig and have barely used the bc. GOW2 and just recently I bought the MGS box set. Those are the only times I've used it.

Sallokin

Volcynika said:
He's in Albequerque. (NE Heights. San Mateo and Montgomery) He said you're "far ass away."

D:

LOL 3 hours or so. If they have it in the morning when I check I'll be sure to grab him a copy as well. I'll PM you if I get it. If not then I'll curse the wal-mart gods.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
You'd think school would be a safe haven, keeping busy finishing up my final projects and everything. But apparently some assholes are spamming everyones network student drive folders with spoiler screenshots.

I was going to save my 3D studio max project and there it was! I mean, seriously?! >:[

Volcynika

Sallokin said:
LOL 3 hours or so. If they have it in the morning when I check I'll be sure to grab him a copy as well. I'll PM you if I get it. If not then I'll curse the wal-mart gods.

He says you are awesome.

Sallokin

Catalix said:
You'd think school would be a safe haven, keeping busy finishing up my final projects and everything. But apparently some assholes are spamming everyones network student drive folders with spoiler screenshots.

I was going to save my 3D studio max project and there it was! I mean, seriously?! >:[

Wow, bummer man, that really sucks.

Sallokin

Volcynika said:
He says you are awesome.

Yeah well at this point I'm leaning more towards wal-mart god cursing more than anything. Can't get too excited or else I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Volcynika

Sallokin said:
Yeah well at this point I'm leaning more towards wal-mart god cursing more than anything. Can't get too excited or else I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

True. But hey, there's always a chance! Only problem is, being able to survive another 6 days avoiding spoilers is going to be a pain.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Sallokin said:
Wow, bummer man, that really sucks.
Fortunately, what I saw wasn't too bad. But now I just have to NOT navigate the folders in thumbnail mode and read only MY filenames. It's just bizarre I even have to worry about that crap right now.

farnham

Banned
with all the spoilers out... it really sucks that i will probably never ever be able to play this game.. T.T

i guess no other game ever made me feel this way... Wii60 ftl

gotta play some ghost babel or something

I wish I could be there every time someone goes to post a spoiler and beat the ever living shit out of them then post a pic of it on the site while logged in on their account. people would be scared shitless to post anything.

SailorDaravon said:
at my store (futureshop/best buy) the system will not let you make the sale until the street date in the system. a manager can't even override the system i don't think. i tried buying COD4 the night before it came out and my manager was totally willing to do it for me but it wouldn't even let him complete the sale. that's the way it should be but every store's computer system is different.

Jtrizzy

farnham said:
with all the spoilers out... it really sucks that i will probably never ever be able to play this game.. T.T

i guess no other game ever made me feel this way... Wii60 ftl

gotta play some ghost babel or something

Trade in your 360.

Bishman

Randam_Hajile said:
So I walked in to Wal-Mart tonight to get a Father's Day card with my fiance', and walked out with this!

MGS4.jpg

I preordered the Limited Edition MGS4 at Gamestop, so I don't know if I'm even gonna open this copy of the game, but at least now I have the 80 gig PS3 I've been waiting for, and a week early at that!

My college graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning. Happy graduation to me!
:D
You lucky sob. I work at Walmart. I'm going to check and see if we got any tomorrow.

Randam_Hajile said:
So I walked in to Wal-Mart tonight to get a Father's Day card with my fiance', and walked out with this!

MGS4.jpg

I preordered the Limited Edition MGS4 at Gamestop, so I don't know if I'm even gonna open this copy of the game, but at least now I have the 80 gig PS3 I've been waiting for, and a week early at that!

My college graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning. Happy graduation to me!
:D

Wait what? You. You. You son of a....
head_explode_anim.gif

[offtopic]

fistfulofmetal said:

What's she saying? My english is not good enough to read lips. I've been some minutes figuring some horny sentences that fit the scene, and I'm gonna get crazy :(

[/offtopic]

SamuraiX-

My goodness gracious, I have spent the last hour just laughing my ass off at all the posts in this topic. Most of you guys have had seriously close calls and some of you have been spoiled out right. I know it's not right to laugh, but some of these posts are just too damn hilarious. :lol

This is war, gentlemen!

We must fight for our right to remain spoiler-free. The dreaded trolls will not simply give it to us. Stand your ground and don't back down. We will emerge from all of this going into MGS4 and having no idea what to expect! Just the way it should be! :D

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, as expected, someone targeted me with MGS4 endgame spoilers. A lot of overgrown children with shrunken testicles direct their angst my way; just something I have to deal with. Six days, friends, hang in there.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Man... my roommate just started gangster beef with me after jacking my copy of MGS1, ugh....

....and I might be couch surfing when MGS4 comes out....

Let's just say no one can have MGS4 spoiled more than that :(

EviLore said:
Well, as expected, someone targeted me with MGS4 endgame spoilers. A lot of overgrown children with shrunken testicles direct their angst my way; just something I have to deal with. Six days, friends, hang in there.

how? PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom