• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen-X

Banned
dabookerman said:
If youre asking me, well im just using a digi cam. Its a shitty capture.
I did take a gameplay vid from act 3, no story spoilers whatsoever. But it does show gameplay and so forth. I guess that could be the last thing I upload if anyone wants to see. Also, even if someone did post a screeny from the vid, its something you lot should have seen by now.
How apeshit does Kojima go in terms of trying to wrap everything up in this game I MUST KNOW!!!?!?!?!?!?!

Amakusa

Its been ages since last I logged on, I have to say this is the best thread I have ever seen . /remove hat
/bow

tha_con

Banned
The IGN AU review is a joke. How can you make NO MENTION of MGO at all and then give the game an 8.5 for lasting appeal...and say "MGO or Not". WTF? Who is writing this shit? 5th graders?

And the press wonders why the fuck they get shit on.

Darkpen

Banned
Yoboman said:
Oh Raiden, stop holding your robot penis
:lol :lol :lol

tha_con said:
The IGN AU review is a joke. How can you make NO MENTION of MGO at all and then give the game an 8.5 for lasting appeal...and say "MGO or Not". WTF? Who is writing this shit? 5th graders?

seriously, they need to reevaluate that score.

zoukka

MortalMonkey said:
Oh wow! How can I get a copy of this issue?

The poster is subscribers only, so it would be pretty hard :b

Just read the review (10/10 as already mentioned) and fuck did it just AMPLIFY the pain of the wait! There were some new things in it, but nothing spoilerific. This one new feature I didn't know about is so going to be so good :D

All in all the reviewist said he was mostly blown away by the overall polish and the amount of content. The codec-cut scene ratio is different from the previous games and that could piss some people off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW, the poster!

gbovo

zoukka said:
The poster is subscribers only, so it would be pretty hard :b

Just read the review (10/10 as already mentioned) and fuck did it just AMPLIFY the pain of the wait! There were some new things in it, but nothing spoilerific. This one new feature I didn't know about is so going to be so good :D

All in all the reviewist said he was mostly blown away by the overall polish and the amount of content. The codec-cut scene ratio is different from the previous games and that could piss some people off.
Could you scan the poster and post an image for us to download please.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zoukka said:
Don't have a scanner.

I think Konami will release that image in hi-res someday?
Hopefully!

hirokazu

tha_con said:

Most English reviews seem to be reviewing the game without MGO in mind, so I'm not sure why you're singling them out here.

Anyway, for those interested, I have updated the MGS4 unspoiler GreaseMonkey script. A lot more Metal Gear terms added to the filter, particularly MGS4 terms, locations, and OST titles.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unspoiler.user.js

Costanza

Banned
hirokazu said:
Most English reviews seem to be reviewing the game without MGO in mind, so I'm not sure why you're singling them out here.

Anyway, for those interested, I have updated the MGS4 unspoiler GreaseMonkey script. A lot more Metal Gear terms added to the filter, particularly MGS4 terms, locations, and OST titles.
How do I use it? Just download Greasemonkey extension for FF?

edit: got it working, nice!

Volcynika

I'm still amazed at how when I played a ton of TF2 last night, no one went on and started spamming stuff. Seems like this coming week I should finish my offline backlog!

jjasper

People that are serious about avoiding spoilers should sign off PSN (or not check messages/friend invites) till after June 12th. I got spoiled, luckily I don't give a shit.

Edit: I am not sure if it was a friend of mine that did it or someone that is randomly sending out the spoilers.

Costanza

Banned
I have some money left in paypal and I'm seriously considering grabbing that soundtrack off Play-Asia before they sell out of the first print. Is it worth it? Am I gonna be able to make a profit on it in a few years?

Mromson

Costanza said:
I have some money left in paypal and I'm seriously considering grabbing that soundtrack off Play-Asia before they sell out of the first print. Is it worth it? Am I gonna be able to make a profit on it in a few years?
Get it and keep it, it's good. I think anyone who wants to collect it already has it.

hirokazu

Costanza said:
The soundtrack is good from the tracks I've heard. I've bought a copy off Play-Asia, but it won't be shipping until MGS4 ships, since I ordered it with the Asian LE.

tha_con

Banned
hirokazu said:

It's not the score or lack of a mention I care about, it's the fact that they don't talk about it at all, and then at the end they just blow it off like it doesn't matter at all. It's seriously amatuer level journlism.

I assume these will be available June 12th. I want one :D

10y45rn.jpg

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/06/06/uniqlo-producing-limited-edition-mgs-t-shirts/

Well, it's pretty annoying that I know how to read the word "spoiler" as "sexy time", but who's complaining. I don't even have the balls to put this sucker through a test.

GCX

zoukka said:
Here are the Finnish mag Pelaaja cover and the poster :)

[IMG]

Pretty nice (subscribers get always these special covers)[/QUOTE]
I got my issue too today. :)

The poster is really nice and the reviewer made the game sound like pure Kojima perfection. And I don't doubt that a bit.

hirokazu

BlockBastard said:
so I installed the MGS4 unspoiler script. Will this thing actually work?
While it will probably be useless if someone chucks a crazy spoiler with stuff we know nothing about, it should at least give some protection for certain spoilers, for example,

"Otacon and Vamp founded the BB Corps" would become "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo and La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo founded the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo". In the best case scenario, it would never be needed at all. :p

Doc Evils said:
You know I already stated I was bitter about the HMV thing, but to find this type of shit: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Gear-So...yZ117562QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pisses me off to the next level fucking cunt I could of had his place. ebay scammers >:|
Holy fucking shit!

BlockBastard said:
Well, it's pretty annoying that I know how to read the word "spoiler" as "sexy time", but who's complaining. I don't even have the balls to put this sucker through a test.
OK, OK, here's a version that doesn't do that if you don't like it, LOL:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4unsexy.user.js

You can test it out on this thread's OPs or the MGS4 article at Wikipedia or something. :p That's what I did at least.

BlizzyAzz

Just came back from the signing session in Hamburg, Germany. It was actually way more crowded than I thought it would be, I guess 300 - 400 ppl?

nozr0h.jpg

Some random emokids were interviewed:

2luwavs.jpg

Like in the previous signings, only one item, no photos, Yoji Shinkawa, Hideo Kojima and Kumichi were signing and shaking hands.

sm3knd.jpg

hirokazu

BlizzyAzz said:
Just came back from the signing session in Hamburg, Germany. It was actually way more crowded than I thought it would be, I guess 300 - 400 ppl?

*pics*
I hate all your countries that have a signing session. :mad:

Doc Evils

BlizzyAzz said:

Didn't we all? :(

Nice that you got signatures, what did they sign exactly? can't tell.

BlizzyAzz

hirokazu said:
I hate all your countries that have a signing session. :mad:

I can still feel Kojima's touch :)

Doc Evils said:
Didn't we all? :(

Nice that you got signatures, what did they sign exactly? can't tell.

It's the inverted inlay of the of the metal gear solid saga 2 pre order dvd. There was actually one dude who signed his PS3.

hirokazu

BlizzyAzz said:
I can still feel Kojima's touch :)
My friend's going to San Francisco for WWDC next week and he says he might get try get signatures for me, but he's probably not gonna bother if the line's too long :( I have another friend in LA right now, but I don't want to get him to wait at the midnight launch event just to get signatures.

How long did the line take to get through? Or how many people did they get signed for per minute? So I can get a good estimate. Thanks.

BlizzyAzz said:
Not only sniffing ;-) His palm sweat tastes like ambrosia.
What about that Yumi girl? :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BlizzyAzz said:
Not only sniffing ;-) His palm sweat tastes like ambrosia.
MEGATON :O

The Lord uses these signings in mysteeeeeeeeeeerious ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dabookerman said:
Not talking about cutscenes mate >:3
Thank you for withholding those things. You know how we at GAF are with little spoilers.

Klone.K

Most of you know I don`t care much for the gameplay but I just watched some gameplay videos from
south america
(10 minutes with no cutscenes) and it's really bad ass...I mean I might actually like the gameplay of this one. It moves from all out carnage to quiet sneaking totally smoothly and the way it blends the two is plain out awesome. It portrays the warzone unbeliavably realistically. Looks far more adrenaline heavy than the first 3, while not abandoning stealth and that IMO is a good thing.

TwIsTeD

shit my buddy emailed me a link to check out for work and the little bitch put a link to 4chan in instead.....my eyes and mind are tainted :(

Klone.K

BTW as for theatre mode there
isn't one. I can't quite wrap my mind around why not though, but it's been confirmed to be absent

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Klone.K said:
BTW as for theatre mode there
isn't one. I can't quite wrap my mind around why not though, but it's been confirmed to be absent
STOP POSTING ANYTHING HINTING OR DEALING WITH THE GAME. Many do not have it yet. Come now!

Klone.K

LiquidMetal14 said:
STOP POSTING ANYTHING HINTING OR DEALING WITH THE GAME. Many do not have it yet. Come now!

This isn't a story spoiler, it's simply an answer to a question raised above. There isn't anything relating to the storyline there 0__o

BlizzyAzz

hirokazu said:
My friend's going to San Francisco for WWDC next week and he says he might get try get signatures for me, but he's probably not gonna bother if the line's too long :( I have another friend in LA right now, but I don't want to get him to wait at the midnight launch event just to get signatures.

How long did the line take to get through? Or how many people did they get signed for per minute? So I can get a good estimate. Thanks.

What about that Yumi girl? :lo

Well I was there 1 hour before the signing started, and around 100 - 150 in front of me. Like I said before only item per customer / visitor can be signed, no photos bla bla bla, around 3 customers per minute. I waited like 45 mins probably after they start signing. But I guess SF will have much more attendees. For PPL who don't have anything to sign they give out these cards:

8yeqna.jpg

And well Kumichi she is cute and all (her nails were freaky stylish) but well you know It was the first time that I see a living mangod in front of me so I didn't give her much of my attention.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Seems best to allow a separate spoiler thread purely for the time between now and the release of the game. With the leaks and all I don't think anyone wants people throwing impressions in this thread so early, tagged spoilers or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom