• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

[HP] said:
it's a 60gb model! :( Only sony can fix it / exchange it.
Why don't you buy a new one and then return it or sell it on Ebay once you finish MGS4, that way your only loss is going to be minimal if at all. Thats what my friend did when his 360 Red ringed on September 21st, and he is the biggest Halo fan. He fealt the purchase was necessary.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dabookerman said:
Right guys. i have completed the game. Feel free to ask questions, and later on I will provide a completely spoiler free impression on the entire game.
But to some it up, this has now officially become my favourite game ever. I cannot think of anything bad about it. Gameplay is short, and long, depends how you want to play it. Took me 22 hours to complete. But I did sort of rush it. Next play through will come swiftly, and with greater detail.
game boner ommmggggg

-ARNiE- said:
Dabookerman could you please tell me where you managed to get yours from because i too live in the UK so they are not out yet. If you could link the site it would be much appreciated. I want an optimum Metal Gear Solid experience. A couple of days ago i got a letter from GAME telling me to collect my pre-order pack and Saga dvd, i was so exited. Carrying the package home was immense, with the MGS4 name on the front of the envelope.

I got it from Ebay, here is the listing

Although, it got removed today for some reason ;x.

dabookerman said:
The rumble is excellent. I can safely endorce spending £30 or so just for this game. I am really glad I bought one :3

Well, I can't afford one right now with rent due and all that. I can barely afford MGS4 too. Should I sell some games to get one or can I do without it?

I would hate to miss something akin to the Psycho Mantis MGS1 scene.

[HP]

-ARNiE- said:
Why don't you buy a new one and then return it or sell it on Ebay once you finish MGS4, that way your only loss is going to be minimal if at all. Thats what my friend did when his 360 Red ringed on September 21st, and he is the biggest Halo fan. He fealt the purchase was necessary.

Thing is, I bought it last week!
I bought it from a friend of mine who didn't have much time for gaming anyways, so he sold me with a good pack of games for a good price.
Now you'r prolly thinking, "ah, Mmm, a used machine, then prolly the thing was broken before". but nope, it was working perfectly, as far as I can tell, and I googled a lot into this matter, this can happen to ANYONE and ANYTIME, both to 60gb and 40gb models.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
[HP] said:
Thing is, I bought it last week!
I bought it from a friend of mine who didn't have much to for gaming anyways, so he sold me with a good pack of games for a good price.
Now you'r prolly thinking, "ah, Mmm, a used machine, then prolly the thing was broken before". but nope, it was working perfectly, as far as I can tell, and I googled a lot into this matter, this can happen to ANYONE and ANYTIME, both to 60gb and 40gb models.

What exactly is the issue you're having?

GalacticAE said:
Well, I can't afford one right now with rent due and all that. I can barely afford MGS4 too. Should I sell some games to get one or can I do without it?

I would hate to miss something akin to the Psycho Mantis MGS1 scene.

Hmm, I dunno about selling games just to get it. But this game is one of the best examples of using the Dual shock rumble. It depends how important rumble is to you.

Dante

[HP] said:
it's a 60gb model! :( Only sony can fix it / exchange it.

I would literally go buy a new one to play it, and just ebay it when my 60 came back.......No way I could wait knowing the game is out there.

[HP]

Dante said:
I would literally go buy a new one to play it, and just ebay it when my 60 came back.......No way I could wait knowing the game is out there.

lol, i bought it last week... don't get any more spare money left. a PS3 isn't exactly cheap.

Kagari said:
Isn't there some sort of HDD fix for this?

Don't think so... It's a lens problem.

Dante

[HP] said:
lol, i bought it last week... don't get any more spare money left. a PS3 isn't exactly cheap.

Don't think so... It's a lens problem.

Damn no way you can charge it? You prob get your return model back before you have to make the payment.

Spiegel

-ARNiE- said:
Dabookerman could you please tell me where you managed to get yours from because i too live in the UK so they are not out yet. If you could link the site it would be much appreciated. I want an optimum Metal Gear Solid experience. A couple of days ago i got a letter from GAME telling me to collect my pre-order pack and Saga dvd, i was so exited. Carrying the package home was immense, with the MGS4 name on the front of the envelope.

Reposting

Spiegel said:
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-w/section-index/pid-1010901318/

+

coupon code: VocYAcode

5$ off. You can use this if it's the first thing you buy. Make another account if you have one

= 55 $ = ~36 € = ~ 28.5 £

-ARNiE- said:

Oh what an idiot. I'm really tired. I thought you was talking about the game :lol

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14016

4-5 working days delivery.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
....I almost did it, almost highlighted the post in the spoiler thread.

Man, 6 days is a long time....ah, well. At least I have full time work to pay for the 80 gig bundle.

Gen-X

Banned
dabookerman said:
Right guys. i have completed the game. Feel free to ask questions, and later on I will provide a completely spoiler free impression on the entire game.
But to some it up, this has now officially become my favourite game ever. I cannot think of anything bad about it. Gameplay is short, and long, depends how you want to play it. Took me 22 hours to complete. But I did sort of rush it. Next play through will come swiftly, and with greater detail.
Please Dabookerman, tell me how apeshit this game was what would you rate the ending, and how was it I just don't know what to ask..oh wait how did it finish off the MGS series like with Snake was it pwnage like pwnage pwnage?!??!?!?!?!?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5 DAYS LEEEEEFT!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lion Heart said:
Ya..dabookerman, what would you rate this out of 10
It's his greatest game of all time.

TwIsTeD

sykoex said:
So like, what's the latest time I can arrive to the midnight GS launch?

at my store we prering everyone at 11pm, then at midnight they bring their signed pickup slip to the back and pickup their games ( even for halo3 we closed the doors at 12:25 with 300 pickups that night! )

Arnie

dabookerman said:
Oh what an idiot. I'm really tired. I thought you was talking about the game :lol

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=14016

4-5 working days delivery.
Thanks, looks like i will just use my sixaxis. I am using the extra money to pick up the guide and solid eye headset. I was going to buy the EU LE but i only wanted the soundtrack so double the price seemed steep considering i don?t like figurines. Really hyped for Thursday.

Simo

Has this been posted yet? :D

Comes from the latest official website update and awarded when completing the Special Mission 02.

[HP]

gbovo said:
Have you tried updating your firmware to 2.35?

Nope, downloading it now... but I doubt it will work.

Simo, amazing dude, thanks for sharing. I'll probably make a poster out of it, and put it in my room

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Simo said:

Comes from the latest official website update and awarded when completing the Special Mission 02.

Thanks soo much:D

Kingsora said:
And what about the soundtrack? Is there a great 'James Bond like' theme song again? Just like im MGS3?

SNAAAAAAKKKE EAAATERRR, I really loved that song :D

I was just listening to Snake Eater on the train ride home. :D When I first heard a sample of it I thought I would hate it as much as I found out MGS3 was based in the past, however now MGS3 is my favorite of the current MGS games out now.

Anyone see this?

MGS4 Bluetooh Headset review'd

I do not know if anyone considers the headset a spoiler, if you let me know and I will remove the link. For anyone who does not want to see the video of the headset, basically, it isn't good, sounds muffled and rather bad. I think I'll have to pass on it.

gbovo

[HP] said:
Nope, downloading it now... but I doubt it will work.

Simo, amazing dude, thanks for sharing. I'll probably make a poster out of it, and put it in my room
I think firmware 2.35 helped solve some of the disc read problems when it was released. Hope it works for you.

Yoshichan

Simo said:

Oh my God...

[HP]

gbovo said:
I think firmware 2.35 helped solve some of the disc read problems when it was released. Hope it works for you.

Really? Mmm... Don't want to get my hopes too high, but yeah, I'll try it! :) Should post the results here soon.

Btw, that comparison video is great, the final build is way better in every aspect. Plus, i also love the music they used in the background of the video, "Old Snake"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom