• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Damnit none in Reno absolutely none are doing a midnight launch what a bunch of garbage.

Same...in Canada ANY big Xbox game gets it, so did smash and Galaxy. FUCK them. Anyway, in the last two pages i've heard LE, SE, and CE...are they all the same?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
JodyAnthony said:
For anyone that may have it/have access to it: does it support 1080i?

I havent been able to find anything that confirms if it does or not.

Supports 1080i/1080p.

JoeFu

Banned
Wow, I'm glad I got the bundle before Amazon crapped out on me.

Also, a bit off topic, but what comes with the ps3? Do I need to get my own HDMI cable?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lion Heart said:
Same...in Canada ANY big Xbox game gets it, so did smash and Galaxy. FUCK them. Anyway, in the last two pages i've heard LE, SE, and CE...are they all the same?

That really sucks... and you know what's funny? GS/EB didn't prepare enough so now demand is now outstripping supply. As far as the regular edition of the game goes.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
JoeFu said:

Also, a bit off topic, but what comes with the ps3? Do I need to get my own HDMI cable?

Yep.

JoeFu said:

Yes you do. Target or Walmart has them cheap. Whatever you do, don't fall prey to the 100$ + monster cable. You can find them dirt cheap online as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So uh... if a lot of you think you're going to be able to just walk-in and buy it, you might want to think again.

Ashhong

dont know what ur talking about. last i checked my store is getting 30 more copies than reserves. havent been in to work in a couple of days though

BigFwoosh

JoeFu said:

Monoprice.com for your HDMI cable. Got mine last week for $7 and change shipped.

Edit: Beaten, but Monoprice is still awesome.

OMG I HAVE THURSDAY OFF

I HAVE THURSDAY OFF AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK

THE PATRIOTS HAVE HEEDED MY WISHES, THEY ARE INDEED MERCIFUL AND KIND

tfur

Looks like circuit city has MGS4 bundles, although they want you to purchase a blu-ray remote to make the bundle.

Laurent

.nimrod said:
only if your display supports HDCP :/
Yeah, I was unfortunate enough to have one of those who DOESN'T support HDCP back when I bought my PS3. Generally, you know you bought an HDCP monitor, you paid extra...

scoobs

wow i just got home and i read the news that the mgs4 bundle killed amazon.com lol.... how popular is this game going to be compared to the others do you guys think?

brandonh83 said:
OMG I HAVE THURSDAY OFF

I HAVE THURSDAY OFF AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK

THE PATRIOTS HAVE HEEDED MY WISHES, THEY ARE INDEED MERCIFUL AND KIND

Not as lucky as you but we our shop is closing early on friday. I can't wait.

Right guys. i have completed the game. Feel free to ask questions, and later on I will provide a completely spoiler free impression on the entire game.
But to some it up, this has now officially become my favourite game ever. I cannot think of anything bad about it. Gameplay is short, and long, depends how you want to play it. Took me 22 hours to complete. But I did sort of rush it. Next play through will come swiftly, and with greater detail.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dabookerman said:
Right guys. i have completed the game. Feel free to ask questions, and later on I will provide a completely spoiler free impression on the entire game.
But to some it up, this has now officially become my favourite game ever. I cannot think of anything bad about it. Gameplay is short, and long, depends how you want to play it. Took me 22 hours to complete. But I did sort of rush it. Next play through will come swiftly, and with greater detail.

:O

dabookerman said:
YES YES YES!!!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dabookerman said:
Let us pray!!!!!

Greg

dabookerman said:
Not sure if you have answered this before, but how would you rank the main games in the series? (You just said it's your favorite game, but how would you rank the other 3 in relation)

I've always loved the cut-scenes no matter how long, but disliked the excessive codec sequences - what's a rough ratio between the two in this game?

DunpealD

dabookerman said:

You're making our waiting time much harder, did you know that? :D

Anyway something I really want to know... Did you cry at the end?

Dever

Banned
dabookerman said:

Congrats!! :D Question: How were the bosses?

dabookerman said:

I salute you, my friend. I really don't have any questions but I love the way you've been describing your experience. Another week is going to drive me mad. I've already forbidden visiting other gaming sites and I'm also keeping myself away from online games. Too dangerous.

OMG 0_0!!!
This makes my year.

Kagari said:
So uh... if a lot of you think you're going to be able to just walk-in and buy it, you might want to think again.

Really are all of your games pre-ordered? Or are you talking about bundles?

Darkpen

Banned
dabooker, is there really no theater mode? even after beating the game? Also, is there an option for anything other than English in the subtitles menu?

LiquidMetal14

Darkpen said:
dabooker, is there really no theater mode? even after beating the game? Also, is there an option for anything other than English in the subtitles menu?
Go to the spoiler thread for that.

DunpealD said:
You're making our waiting time much harder, did you know that? :D

Anyway something I really want to know... Did you cry at the end?

Dont you dare answer that lol

I will be brutally honest. I am disappointed at the short length...after hearing this was 20 hours gameplay and 9 hours cutscenes (29 total) it looks like the real total time is 6 hours shorter..ish...I know he "rushed it" but nonetheless, according to other publications, no one took that long. Anyway....GOT-atmospheric win

Lakitu

st5fu
Lion Heart said:

I will be brutally honest. I am disappointed at the short length...after hearing this was 20 hours gameplay and 9 hours cutscenes (29 total) it looks like the real total time is 6 hours shorter..ish...I know he "rushed it" but nonetheless, according to other publications, no one took that long. Anyway....GOT-atmospheric win

Well, it varies I guess. It took one of the first leakers something like 28 hours.

LiquidMetal14

Lion Heart said:

Anything over 10 hours is good for MGS.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BruceLeeRoy said:
OMG 0_0!!!
This makes my year.

Really are all of your games pre-ordered? Or are you talking about bundles?

I'm talking about the game. The regular edition. GameStop failed to anticipate demand and now stores are only getting a certain amount for launch. For example, my store is getting 60 regular version... we had 51 reserved as of yesterday... so yeah...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jvalioli said:
The store I shop at has all but 1 copy reserved.

Exactly, and I bet that's gone by today. Same with my store... we'll be turning away people left and right and it SUCKS.

NeoUltima

Kagari said:
I'm talking about the game. The regular edition. GameStop failed to anticipate demand and now stores are only getting a certain amount for launch. For example, my store is getting 60 regular version... we had 51 reserved as of yesterday... so yeah...
Are you guys getting more than enough to fill the LE pre-orders?

Greg said:
Not sure if you have answered this before, but how would you rank the main games in the series? (You just said it's your favorite game, but how would you rank the other 3 in relation)

I've always loved the cut-scenes no matter how long, but disliked the excessive codec sequences - what's a rough ratio between the two in this game?

Well, it's quite tough to put the main 3 in order. I mean I love them all. I guess MGS3, then a tie in between MGS2 and 1. Since I wasn't part of the group who hated Raiden and the long cutscenes.

Dever said:
Congrats!! :D Question: How were the bosses?

The bosses were great!

Some of the bosses will be talked about for years to come I think. Any to surpass The End fight? Hmmm. Well, some of the bosses are evolutions of previous bosses maybe? Or a mixture of two. It's hard to explain without going into detail.
Some bosses are very nostalgic and do delivery on fanservice.
This game, does however, have one of the most epic fucking boss fights ever in my opinion.
Story wise, I think Hideo Kojima did an utterly fantastic job of tying all the games in the series, and making them into a true saga. The story DOES end. This time, I think there is no excuse whatsoever to send Kojima death threats and shit. I think this game is his game for the fans, it truly is for the fans, and asking for more MGS games will just become selfish in my opinion.
The sound, well, I had the pleasure in playing this in 5.1 surround sound. Oh my fucking god, it sounds incredible. Any reviewer giving the sound less than a 10, needs their ears examined. It sound's incredibly. And with the music, you have the most film like, cinematic game ever created. To me, and this is just my personal opinion, the production value, music and over all epicness can be compared to Return of the King. (LOTR being my favourite film series).

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
And what about the soundtrack? Is there a great 'James Bond like' theme song again? Just like im MGS3?

SNAAAAAAKKKE EAAATERRR, I really loved that song :D

Kagari said:
That really sucks... and you know what's funny? GS/EB didn't prepare enough so now demand is now outstripping supply. As far as the regular edition of the game goes.

What about the LE? I preordered one back in March, I really hope they don't screw me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom