• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
dabookerman said:
The visuals are stunning. Simple as. I haven't played uncharted or anything like that, but I guess the closest comparison I could make is.. uh, I'm afraid of doing it lol... Advent Children DIVIDED by 3.

Ok, it's hard to say. The facial animation is fantastic, the attention to detail, sweat, tears, camera effects and so forth are brilliant. The graphical bugs (like clipping) are realllly tiny and not noticable. The game is definatly Next Gen, absolutely. Couldn't be done on last gen. This is definatly one of the best looking games out there. Especially on an artistic level.

And regarding MGS3 ending. I would say MGS4 is a bit like MGS3 ending, but spans out the entire game, sort of.

That is the greatest thing these eyes have ever read. God I can't wait for thursday.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
[HP] said:
Really? Mmm... Don't want to get my hopes too high, but yeah, I'll try it! :) Should post the results here soon.

Btw, that comparison video is great, the final build is way better in every aspect. Plus, i also love the music they used in the background of the video, "Old Snake"!

What comparison video.

KZObsessed

Guys, don't go into the "WARNING: do not accept PSN/XBL friends requests!" thread.

There's at least one idiot in there that's been spoiled and he wasn't exactly liberal with the spoiler tags. *sigh*

Kagari said:
I think the lighting in the final build looks much better.

That's cause it is better.

Old:
metal-gear-solid-4-screens-20080513001616518.jpg

New:
metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20080521004525284.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
[HP] said:
I seriously can't understand how some people find that funny, it's just wrong and stupid.
I'm not gonna pretend I don't know why it's funny. I can totally see how it's funny. I think anybody who wasn't into Harry Potter got a kick out of the Snape kills Dumbledore vids.

But just like those people were nerds for Harry Potter, I'm a nerd for MGS, so I sure as hell don't want it spoiled. We're all nerds for something whether it's MGS, Halo, Mario, etc.

Johnas

HomerSimpson-Man said:

I'm still just really impressed with Meryl's character model in MGS4. The Meryl in the first trailer didn't look right at all (coupled with the Japanese voice actress...ugh) but the redesign is perfect. She's feminine but tough.

Also very much agreed about the lighting improvement.

Fenderputty said:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...isis/metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the_patriots/

9/10 New review from Spanish Elite Gamer site...

I think it's new

not trying to be to long winded here but would like some opinions.
seems to be a disturbing tend in the mgs4 reviews. when reading closely the words of reviewers almost everyone thinks the game is epic. mgs finest hour, even advances game development as a whole basically a 10 by all. but for some reason by the end of some of these reviews. the author will try to find something to turn a 10 into a 8 or 9.
un like most of this generation so far with writers and game sites will say basically a game is a 8 in a review and by the end try to find ways to turn it into a 10. WTF

hey even i can find fault somewhere with the lotr movies, or star wars, or a mark twain novel, even a Robert frost poem. or a Beatles album. but they are all still 10's in my way of thinking.

off topic i am new to this forum and computer stuff. could some post or pm me how to assign one of the mgs avatars on the op to my user name. maybe one of the mod could help.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
islewarrior said:
seems to be a disturbing tend in the mgs4 reviews. when reading closely the words of reviewers almost everyone thinks the game is epic. mgs finest hour, even advances game development as a whole basically a 10 by all. but for some reason by the end of some of these reviews. the author will try to find something to turn a 10 into a 8 or 9.
un like most of this generation so far with writers and game sites will say basically a game is a 8 in a review and by the end try to find ways to turn it into a 10. WTF

hey even i can find fault somewhere with the lotr movies, or star wars, or a mark twain novel, even a Robert frost poem. or a Beatles album. but they are all still 10's in may way of thinking.

off topic i am new to this forum and computer stuff. could some post or pm me how to assign one of the mgs avatars on the op to my user name. maybe one of the mod could help.

Keyword! (except change may for my)

islewarrior said:

hey even i can find fault somewhere with the lotr movies, or star wars, or a mark twain novel, even a Robert frost poem. or a Beatles album. but they are all still 10's in my way of thinking.

I maintain it's a direct result of the GTA IV backlash over all those perfect scores. They're covering their asses now.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so i was just replaying some of mgs3 to see if I really care about having rumble (deciding what sku i want) and wow, the pursuers scene really was awesome.

Arnie

Just checking Bruce, on the character section for the OP, did you include a picture of Big Boss on the Solid Snake\Old Snake section? Or is that Snake from MGS2? His attire looks suspiciously Naked Snake-esque.

I might have missed it but can I get that wallpaper De-mon. The one you use for your computer (Ocelot).. Its the greatest background ever.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
~Kinggi~ said:
Wow, the final build looks significantly downgraded from the previous one. Notice all those real time shadows passing over everything are gone in the final. And everything seems a lot less atmospheric. Sucks :(

:lol

u kiddin right?

BigBoss

Does anyone know where I can buy those cool MGS4 T-shirts that were shown a couple weeks ago? I'm looking for the shirt that had a cardboard box on Snake's head.

Ephemeris

Kagari said:
Old Snake.

My fave track on the OST.

Granted I haven't had the chance to really listen to the others since I always go back to play that one. >_> Plus the song really doesn't start for me until 50 seconds in.

Who am I kidding. Love theme is right up there with it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
TTP said:
:lol

u kiddin right?
Not at all. It seems they took away the filtering layers the old build had on it to improve the framerate. I'd much rather have the better framerate of the final build, but it's clear the old version had a bit more going on on the tech side of things.

Ephemeris

BigBoss said:
Does anyone know where I can buy those cool MGS4 T-shirts that were shown a couple weeks ago? I'm looking for the shirt that had a cardboard box on Snake's head.

Here:
DancingCactus77 said:

~Kinggi~ said:
Not at all. It seems they took away the filtering layers the old build had on it to improve the framerate. I'd much rather have the better framerate of the final build, but it's clear the old version had a bit more going on on the tech side of things.
kojimabiopic1.jpg

Ploid 3.0

~Kinggi~ said:

[I want to Believe]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
~Kinggi~ said:

Not really. They just toned down that filter which was indeed too much. It's much more clear now. Everything else is either the same or improved. Shadowing and self shadowing is everywhere just like before. Old Snake face is much, MUCH better. Gekkos have more attachments on their "heads". Vista from above at city of fire shows much more stuff going on. And I can go on.

~Kinggi~ said:
the real time shadows are still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom