• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The MGS4 artbook is totally pimp. Look at that picture of Kojima on page 4 or so. What other developer will pose like that? No one. Dude is a beast.

hirokazu

[HP] said:
Noo... Nooo.... Nooo... :'(

My PS3 just stoped reading discs!!!!!!! I can't fucking believe this...
Just googled, and it apears this hapens a lot, and I have to send my PS3 to sony, and they should send me a new model in 15~30 days!

My MGS4 is pre ordered, in fact i bought the PS3 almost ONLY to play MGS4, and now the damn console broke up... That's just my luck...
I REAAALY want to play MGS, my mind has been walking around in circles in the last few days eager to play MGS, and now.. I can't!

Sorry for the off topic guys, but.. oh, darn.
D: Sorry to hear that, man!

What model do you have? EDIT: Oh, 60GB. I have a 60GB too. It better not fucking crap out on me. ;_;

*goes to check my PS3 still reads discs*

vpance

The only thing largely disappointing was the grave scene lighting change. Less postprocess fx too it seems. But textures much better

Ephemeris said:
My fave track on the OST.

Granted I haven't had the chance to really listen to the others since I always go back to play that one. >_> Plus the song really doesn't start for me until 50 seconds in.

Definitely a great song. I actually view it as a good replacement for the old theme song. The title is unfortunate because if they were ever going to continue the series sans Snake, I would love for them to update this song with all the bells and whistles that most HG-W songs portray to add in that extra layer of epic-ness,

hirokazu

GalacticAE said:
Well, I can't afford one right now with rent due and all that. I can barely afford MGS4 too. Should I sell some games to get one or can I do without it?

I would hate to miss something akin to the Psycho Mantis MGS1 scene.
Sell your Sixaxis :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
vpance said:
The only thing largely disappointing was the grave scene lighting change.

It's still there.
Just not in that scene.
Look at videos in the spoilers thread if you want to check it out yourself.

Overall, believe me lighting in one of the most impressive aspects of MGS4 aesthetics. You'll see soon enough.

Acid08 said:
Fully paid off my LE today and bought a DualShock 3. Totally ready for MGS4 :D. Only 6 days! OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED :D :D :D :D :D

I feel like your av every time I read posts like yours since I feel the exact same way. Time needs a good, swift kick in the balls.

Ploid 3.0

I'm not bothering with dual shock. I hope there are no rumble factors. I can deal with it only being heart monitor though (closer the enemy, the harder the beats).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TTP said:
It's still there.
Just not in that scene.
Look at videos in the spoilers thread if you want to check it out yourself.

Overall, believe me lighting in one of the most impressive aspects of MGS4 aesthetics. You'll see soon enough.

In TTP we trust.

hirokazu

FFObsessed said:
Guys, don't go into the "WARNING: do not accept PSN/XBL friends requests!" thread.

There's at least one idiot in there that's been spoiled and he wasn't exactly liberal with the spoiler tags. *sigh*
Are they at least getting banned? Or do the mods not care about this game? Or are the mods avoiding spoilers for this game and hence not patrolling MGS threads?

dkeane

hirokazu said:
Are they at least getting banned? Or do the mods not care about this game? Or are the mods avoiding spoilers for this game and hence not patrolling MGS threads?
A couple mods don't care, but beware over the weekend. Trolls like to post spoilers when mods are not around... aka mornings and sundays. I suggest bailing out of the internet totally if you care about this game.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm not bothering with dual shock. I hope there are no rumble factors. I can deal with it only being heart monitor though (closer the enemy, the harder the beats).

MGS rumble features have always been amazing, so really think you'll be missing out if you play MGS4 with the plain old shitty SIXAXIS. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BlockBastard said:
MGS rumble features have always been amazing, so really think you'll be missing out if you play MGS4 with the plain old shitty SIXAXIS. :(
Yeah, that AP Sensor is fucking great in MGS2 :( I will miss it SO much...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
~Kinggi~ said:
Wow, the final build looks significantly downgraded from the previous one. Notice all those real time shadows passing over everything are gone in the final. And everything seems a lot less atmospheric. Sucks :(

You're crazy.

FiOSGuy

Collateral Damage Tag :P
Sup all. Don't know if this was mentioned yet ...
PS3/MGS 4 bundles are in the house ... A mere 4 of them, and we are a very high volume (trades & sales) store...

Gonna be VERY tough to secure any of these .. don't be surprised if employees and/or friends get the first few shipments.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FiOSGuy said:
Sup all. Don't know if this was mentioned yet ...
PS3/MGS 4 bundles are in the house ... A mere 4 of them, and we are a very high volume (trades & sales) store...

Gonna be VERY tough to secure any of these .. don't be surprised if employees and/or friends get the first few shipments.

GameStop?

tha_con

Banned
Naomi wallpaper en route.

Hopefully you guy's like it. I'd love to take all requests into consideration, but I'm just not quite as creative as BruceLeeRoy :lol

Ploid 3.0

BlockBastard said:

I left out "important" rumble factors. Yeah, Konami is one of the companies that did rumble good and not too stupidly strong. I love sixaxis' none rumble, and getting the ds3 just for mgs4 (for me) is just too much. I can already imagine the shocking surprise! rumble that nearly give you a heart attack (not a spoiler, just imagining possibilities).

OatmealMu

Ugh. Tried to place an order for the LE on Gamestop.com using my debit card. Plenty of money in my account and the card information I entered is correct. Got an E-mail from Gamestop today saying the payment was declined by my credit card company. Did some searching on Google and it seems this has happened to other people. Is this a problem on Gamestop's end or should I give the credit union a call?

tha_con

Banned

I know the style is getting really stale, I'm just trying to keep it consistent throughout all the different wallpapers. Sorry :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OatmealMu said:
Ugh. Tried to place an order for the LE on Gamestop.com using my debit card. Plenty of money in my account and the card information I entered is correct. Got an E-mail from Gamestop today saying the payment was declined by my credit card company. Did some searching on Google and it seems this has happened to other people. Is this a problem on Gamestop's end or should I give the credit union a call?

Make sure your billing address is the same as your credit card's billing address.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I like it man!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't like how Jennifer Hale lost the British accent for Naomi. Naomi is supposed to have an accent.

Ploid 3.0

She reminds me of vamp in that one. I have so many mgs4 wallpapers now. I'm going to rotate each day.

Nice touch adding the Gray in there. Man can you believe it? The final mgs, everything answered. Wonder if snake tell Naomi the whole deal with Grey Fox.

FiOSGuy

Collateral Damage Tag :P
Um, I have to look around -- I am not sure GS is now taking reserves of the bundle due to low ship #'s ... it might be first come first serve on those now..

Chemo

Y2Kev said:
I don't like how Jennifer Hale lost the British accent for Naomi. Naomi is supposed to have an accent.
They ditched the accents on Naomi and Mei Ling in The Twin Snakes and apparently preferred them that way. I like them better how they are now, they're not as cartoony.

tha_con

Banned
Yea, I kind of wanted to show off her 'vengeful' side. We all know Naomi isn't above being a dark character, and I kind of wanted that to shine through in the wallpaper.

Thanks for the compliments guys, they are GREATLY appreciated!

Ploid 3.0

tha_con said:
Yea, I kind of wanted to show off her 'vengeful' side. We all know Naomi isn't above being a dark character, and I kind of wanted that to shine through in the wallpaper.

Thanks for the compliments guys, they are GREATLY appreciated!

I edited (on ps3. I type too slow). Can't wait to see what happens with Naomi.

kuYuri

Chemo said:
They ditched the accents on Naomi and Mei Ling in The Twin Snakes and apparently preferred them that way. I like them better how they are now, they're not as cartoony.

Mei Ling I can understand, it makes sense in the context. But Naomi was born in Rhodesia, which was a former British colony, so it makes more sense for her to have the accent.

tha_con

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
She reminds me of vamp in that one. I have so many mgs4 wallpapers now. I'm going to rotate each day.

Nice touch adding the Gray in there. Man can you believe it? The final mgs, everything answered. Wonder if snake tell Naomi the whole deal with Grey Fox.

It's almost surreal. Like...I can't really BELIEVE it's the last one...well..."last".

I actually took a few minutes to type out what I thought needed 'answering' in the final entry...

needless to say, the list was pretty freaking staggering, lol. That's one HUGE laundry list, this will be one hell of a game.

if someone can get this wallpaper for me, I would love your soul

2cwjyc0.jpg

tha_con

Banned
^^^ That guy has way too many fucking icons :lol

I think that guy made it, might want to try to find out who he is?

BTW, I just had a CLOSE call. Browsing GAF and clicked the SPOILER thread (saw MGS4). Freaked out and shut my laptop, then just removed the battery. Overkill? Yes probably, but damn...

Volcynika

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Son of a bitch.

fuck you, guy on Kotaku comments.

stay off, everyone. stay off of there, particularly the Snake Mustache Contest comments section.

I'm only reading stories. Any site that allows comments, I'm not even going to look at them.

D:

Acid08

Banned
I really want to bail out. But somehow this thread keeps calling to me. So many spoilers. I just don't know if I could stay off of the internet for another week or so :(. Have there been spoiler problems in this thread?

Volcynika

Acid08 said:
I really want to bail out. But somehow this thread keeps calling to me. So many spoilers. I just don't know if I could stay off of the internet for another week or so :(. Have there been spoiler problems in this thread?

This thread for the most part has been civil. Problems here and there, but nothing close to the rest of the internet.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Acid08 said:
same here :(

but ive realized being spoilered isnt that bad. 90% of the games satisfaction will be in the dialouge, gameplay, music, graphics, and action. Not the momentary twists.

but with that said, spoil something for me and DIE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom