• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlockBastard said:
GAF. Only. Lockdown.

It's best to stay off GAF if you care that much. I have a feeling someone will spoil-suicide bomb soon. It'll probably be hidden in text where people will least suspect it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
tha_con said:
^^^ That guy has way too many fucking icons :lol

I think that guy made it, might want to try to find out who he is?

BTW, I just had a CLOSE call. Browsing GAF and clicked the SPOILER thread (saw MGS4). Freaked out and shut my laptop, then just removed the battery. Overkill? Yes probably, but damn...

:lol

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Fucking seriously.

EVERYBODY GET IN!
fall-out-shelter519x501.gif
:D :lol

tha_con

Banned
NeoUltima said:
So like, is there any advantage to paying off a preorder early? I often see people post about doing so.

Generally, during a big midnight release, you can just walk in, show your receipt, and walk out. MUCH faster than waiting to pay for it the night of.

Volcynika

NeoUltima said:
So like, is there any advantage to paying off a preorder early? I often see people post about doing so.

Gets you your copy quicker when you get to the register, so you can get in and out as soon as possible. It may be life or death as far as getting spoiled!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
GalacticAE said:
It's best to stay off GAF if you care that much. I have a feeling someone will spoil-suicide bomb soon. It'll probably be hidden in text where people will least suspect it.
im selectively reading random words in everyones posts before I read everything left to right. I'm also skimming through old pages and avoiding the freshest posts.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So wait, this is appearing in stores thursday or friday? It says shipping the 12th on ebgames but i thought it was coming out thursday for some reason.

NeoUltima

tha_con said:
Generally, during a big midnight release, you can just walk in, show your receipt, and walk out. MUCH faster than waiting to pay for it the night of.
O ok, my store isn't doing a midnight launch anyway so I won't be in a big hurry trying to avoid other peeps spewing spoilers.

Volcynika

~Kinggi~ said:
So wait, this is appearing in stores thursday or friday? It says shipping the 12th on ebgames but i thought it was coming out thursday for some reason.

Thursday ftw! Should be in store on Thursday.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
~Kinggi~ said:

Stores either have it now or it is shipping now, but all stores should have the game and bundles and strategy guides and headsets on June 12th.

tha_con

Banned
It's pretty impressive that this thread is already at 6K replies. GO GO GO!

I guess Konami will be redeemed! I hope this game is, without a doubt, the best selling PS3 game for some time to come (well, not for PS3's sake, but I'd love to see MGS succeed and go out with a HUGE bang).

Laurent

Justin Dailey said:
Holy SHIT! I don't want to spoil anything...but if you watch this video...they show one brief interactive thing...and it's FUCKING awesome!
It's the spoiler Seiken was blaming me I hinted at...

Acid08

Banned
I think this is going to be a GTA4 like situation with the date right? Like the date they've been advertising is the actual street date.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn, mighty impressive.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Acid08 said:
I think this is going to be a GTA4 like situation with the date right? Like the date they've been advertising is the actual street date.
pretty sure yeah, it seems like the game is just sitting in game stores all over the place.

tha_con

Banned
Acid08 said:

Yep, you can pick it up at Midnight (12:00am Thursday) at any place that's doing a midnight launch.

Everywhere else...well, thursday when they open.

Acid08

Banned
I wish I had a better screen to play this on. My PS3 is connected to a 4:3 17 inch monitor through the VGA converter box. It runs in 720p and games look great on it but the picture is partially cut off on the right side and the bottom :(

Acid08

Banned
tha_con said:
Yep, you can pick it up at Midnight (12:00am Thursday) at any place that's doing a midnight launch.

Everywhere else...well, thursday when they open.
Great :D . Then I'll be picking up my copy after my graduation practice that morning.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Nothing better go wrong with my ebgames shipment for the LE. And i better get it Thursday cause i got overnight shipping. I really want to see the making-of features.

Acid08

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Nothing better go wrong with my ebgames shipment for the LE. And i better get it Thursday cause i got overnight shipping. I really want to see the making-of features.
Don't you want to play the game more? :p

~Kinggi~

Banned
Acid08 said:
Don't you want to play the game more? :p
Of course, but im saying since this LE is gonna be a one-shot deal it seems, I want to make sure i get it. I doubt ill be able to pick it up after launch.

OatmealMu

Kagari said:
Make sure your billing address is the same as your credit card's billing address.

Well, everything looks like it matches up. Should I just cancel the order and place a new one or call the credit union? Since it took a week to be contacted about my debit card, I'm wondering how long they'll take to re-verify the order.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OatmealMu said:
Well, everything looks like it matches up. Should I just cancel the order and place a new one or call the credit union? Since it took a week to be contacted about my debit card, I'm wondering how long they'll take to re-verify the order.

Call your bank.

Ephemeris

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Fucking seriously.
EVERYBODY GET IN!
fall-out-shelter519x501.gif

It's messed up that it's come to this point. Take a look at how my plans have evolved through the thread :lol

First Plan:
That's why I'm staying here. No Place To Hide on the net. Even so there's been some close calls here. But still I remain vigilant.. and sneaky.

2422222114_de73c75f1d.jpg

Second Plan:
That's definitely part of my plan. Going to meet up with a few gaffers too so I plan to encase myself in a spoiler-free circle of people. Whether here online or outside waiting to get the game.. GAF is an integral part of my defense against those who intend to spoil the experience.

Oh, if all else fails, there is the cold-war-era concept of Deterrence:

army_shagohod.jpg

New Plan:
Those who conspire to spoil it for me have forced my hand. I don't care if they're my countrymen.
bossfight_ocelotandvolgin.jpg_DISPLAY.jpg

Remember the Alamo.

I don't think I've even posted in this masterful thread yet and this is probably my most anticipated gave of all time....sheesh!

And by judging by all the spoiler remarks, I'm getting the F out...5 days:D

Malik

Banned
Seriously, dodge every suspicious post, almost spoiled the game with some noob posting MGS4 pics.

5 days, WOOT!

vlcsnap22471ow9.jpg

No_Style

tha_con said:
^^^ That guy has way too many fucking icons :lol

I think that guy made it, might want to try to find out who he is?

BTW, I just had a CLOSE call. Browsing GAF and clicked the SPOILER thread (saw MGS4). Freaked out and shut my laptop, then just removed the battery. Overkill? Yes probably, but damn...

Nah. Overkill would be you throwing the laptop out the window and hiding under your bed.

hirokazu

Acid08 said:
This is generally not the case in your country? What the fuck, why advertise that date then?

In Australia, if a game says it'll be out on this day (usually Thursday, since it's traditionally payday and late-night shopping night), it will be available unless it sells out on the day.

Acid08

Banned
hirokazu said:
This is generally not the case in your country? What the fuck, why advertise that date then?

In Australia, if a game says it'll be out on this day (usually Thursday, since it's traditionally payday and late-night shopping night), it will be available unless it sells out on the day.
No the date advertised usually, like the one that's on EB or Gamestop.com, are the ship dates. I just assume games come out the day after the date says.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
tha_con said:

I know the style is getting really stale, I'm just trying to keep it consistent throughout all the different wallpapers. Sorry :p

Nice, thanks a lot.

As for Naomi's accent, a bit late, yes, but she still has a little of it...and she has lived in the U.S. longer....and I think Kojima said that the accents shouldn't have been as strong, I think.

SamuraiX-

No_Style said:
Nah. Overkill would be you throwing the laptop out the window and hiding under your bed.

LMFAO! :lol :lol :lol

I just pictured that in my head. That would be so funny to see in real life. XD

tha_con

Banned
I'm about to be really pissed. I've been working on a Liquid Ocelot wallpaper for a long fucking time, and now photoshop is being a bitch.

FUCK.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
tha_con said:
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom