• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brandonh83 said:
Oh, parents
My mom is pretty savvy for this kind of stuff. I always used to talk about games as a kid at the dinner table (because my family are like totally quiet losers at the table so it was only me and her talking) so she knows about Aeris dies and stuff :lol

Laurent said:
I won't get a of a MGS related thread because I have an opinion on Harry Potter, get over yourself...

And I wouldn't tell you to get out of an MGS thread over a Harry Potter opinion, unless I was joking.

Y2Kev said:
My mom is pretty savvy for this kind of stuff. I always used to talk about games as a kid at the dinner table (because my family are like totally quiet losers at the table so it was only me and her talking) so she knows about Aeris dies and stuff :lol

If I said "MGS4 SPOILERS!" to anyone in my family they wouldn't know what I'm talking about. :lol

Turk

brandonh83 said:
And I wouldn't tell you to get out of an MGS thread over a Harry Potter opinion, unless I was joking.
This calls for CQC... :D
fd914748.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
a hideo kojima game directed by hideo kojima written by hideo kojima sexy influence by hideo kojima hideo kojima by mama kojima copyright 2008 hideo kojima, all trademarks, including the konami logo, are owned by hideo kojima

Synless

Y2Kev said:
a hideo kojima game directed by hideo kojima written by hideo kojima sexy influence by hideo kojima hideo kojima by mama kojima copyright 2008 hideo kojima, all trademarks, including the konami logo, are owned by hideo kojima
Only a few more pathetic days stand in the way of me and greatness.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Y2Kev said:
:O

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Screw this, I'm ditching the midnight opening at my Gamestop in favor of going first thing in the morning instead. NYC is a big city with really wacky people, I just can't risk spoilers.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Synless said:
Can't, I'm at the womans house tonight. She's completely unenthusiastic about MGS4 coming out......Lucky for me she's gone friday, Sat. and Sun. :D

:lol
Damn her oiley hide!!!!! But MGS4 marathon??

sykoex said:
Screw this, I'm ditching the midnight opening at my Gamestop in favor of going first thing in the morning instead. NYC is a big city with really wacky people, I just can't risk spoilers.

Well I know all the spoliers, but I would rather just get it in the mail that morning and sleep some more at night, also if my fiancee is asleep with work the next day I really can't blast the sound as I would wish.

hirokazu

Dever said:
Another thing some may not have noticed in the lower quality trailer:

At 01:49, (Not really a spoiler imo, but it might be for those who want to be surprised. It's about the Gekkos and other enemies)
you can see that a Gekko is carrying four of those black balls with hands on them on it's back.
I was wondering what that was!

Wollan said:
Did the same as many others here, accidentally clicked the Spoilers Thread and kept on reading. Got lucky though as I happened to see the thread title above before I got too far.
Seriously people, just don't click on any threads that say MGS4 on it in the thread listings. If you want to come to this thread, just click User CP and it should show up on the list of threads you've posted it, if it's not, click List Subscriptions on the side.

DiddyBop

Y2Kev said:
I did too and slammed my screen shut and shrieked :lol

My mom was in the other room and she came in and said whats wrong and I said MGS4 SPOILERS and she rolled her eyes :lol
if some mgs werent so...sensitive? like this person,there would be no fun in spoiling the game thus spoiler rates would be tame. but assholes out there know that ppl like this would cry if they got the story spoiled thus they try their best to spoil the game to get a good laugh at ppl committing suicide over a game story being spoiled for them. if we acted like it wasnt a big deal,ppl wouldnt be so inclined to spoil the story.

Smoking in front electronics is bad! I never read my PS2 manual so I enjoyed smoking in ignorant bliss while playing all these years, but my OCD prevents me from doing the same with my PS3.

Anyway, I'm gonna prepare some oolong tea, scented candles, fresh strawberries and maybe, just maybe, smoke cigarettes while playing MGS4.

hirokazu

Sage00 said:
Same thing happened to me. Only managed to read 'Ocelot' then the script kicked in and saved me, thank god.

Sticky this. Evilore, anyone, PLEASE.
I'm glad the script is being put to use, though I wish it was able to filter the words BEFORE Firefox displays them...

Y2Kev said:
:lol make a high-res version of that and I'll print it to use as an alternative cover for the game.

Tortfeasor

I had a dream that I was playing MGS4 last night and at one point Snake was in some sort of skyscraper going floor by floor killing baddies/sneaking around etc, when he got trapped in a net after walking into a room by a group of 5 soldiers. With all hope seeming lost, all of a sudden Spider-man smashed through a window, beat up the soldiers, and saved Snake.

Tortfeasor said:
I had a dream that I was playing MGS4 last night and at one point Snake was in some sort of skyscraper going floor by floor killing baddies/sneaking around etc, when he got trapped in a net after walking into a room by a group of 5 soldiers. With all hope seeming lost, all of a sudden Spider-man smashed through a window, beat up the soldiers, and saved Snake.

Was there a shot of the American flag billowing in the wind in slow-motion?

Ploid 3.0 said:
Need to develop CQE (Close Quarters Eating) techniques. One involves no use of the hands at all.

I'm actually pretty good at not dirtying up controllers when I'm snacking/gaming, but I know that if I do it a lot, it will eventually start to show no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom