• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
brandonh83 said:
It's pointless to post anything with spoiler tags, because no thread regular is going to highlight them.

I do it all the time, even though I know I shouldn't.

BTW, does anyone know what the title screen music is? Spoiler tag it if you know the answer. I gotta know.

Turk

So I visited youtube and did a search for "MGS4".

I only saw the title of the first vid, a boss fight, before I got scared and ran away.

I don't remember spoilers being this bad for MGS2 or MGS3, right before release.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Turk said:

I only saw the title of the first vid, a boss fight, before I got scared and ran away.
You're lucky, the vid below that is of the ending. One of my friends saw it earlier and warned me. Stay clear of any Metal Gear related searches on youtube.

Turk said:

I don't remember spoilers being this bad for MGS2 or MGS3, right before release.
Yeah, searching for MGS 4 on ANY search engine is a BADDDDDD idea!

I dont want to sound pessimistic but seriously, what are the chances we dont get spoiled come June 11th. It just seems so damn unlikely my virgin ears will make it out alive.

Its not easy staying away from the internet for 5 more days, I get bored as shit, and we all know gaf doesnt play games.

Turk

Sage00 said:
You're lucky, the vid below that is of the ending. One of my friends saw it earlier and warned me. Stay clear of any Metal Gear related searches on youtube.

Damn you internet 2.0. Damn you.

I wonder if there are any MGS4EndingSpoilers myspage pages sending out friend requests?

Lion Heart said:
I dont want to sound pessimistic but seriously, what are the chances we dont get spoiled come June 11th. It just seems so damn unlikely my virgin ears will make it out alive.

Its not easy staying away from the internet for 5 more days, I get bored as shit, and we all know gaf doesnt play games.

If you're going to one of the major midnight launches, the chances are pretty high I would think. Bring your MP3 player.

Y2Kev said:
BRANDON

BRANDON BRANDON

I TOO HAVE THURSDAY OFF

BUT I HAVE TO WORK FRIDAY

...MARATHON!!!

sorry I missed this post until now Kev! that's awesome. I don't work until 5pm on Friday! so basically I will play it from Thursday starting around 12:20 a.m. until at least 4 or 5 a.m., sleep about 6-8 hours, play it the rest of the day and through most of the night, and then for a couple of hours before I go into work. And I only work 3 hours on Friday, too (I'm training atm).

basically I'm pretty happy.

darkjacob

Banned
I read ONE spoiler and that was enough for me, i could't resist.:lol
not a actual spoiler just a comment
good thing to know kojima thinks like me
.:D

Turk

BlockBastard said:
If you're going to one of the major midnight launches, the chances are pretty high I would think. Bring your MP3 player.
The GTA 4 midnight launch was pretty quite in terms of any spoilers in the store. It was more about getting the game and GTFO. And I'm guessing the crowd will be significantly smaller for MGS4.

Mromson

Turk said:
The GTA 4 midnight launch was pretty quite in terms of any spoilers in the store. It was more about getting the game and GTFO. And I'm guessing the crowd will be significantly smaller for MGS4.
I'm pretty sure most people are more eager to get their hands on MGS4 than they were with getting their hands on GTA IV. ;p Me and my friends waited till morning with buying GTA IV, but MGS4 - that's going on the midnight party list for sure.

Might be just me and my friends, though. ;P

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm proud of my self control as far as spoilers go, haven't seen any yet and I have no desire to click on the spoiler thread. I've actually used the options in my GAF User CP to disable

Guled

I got a new 1080p lcd tv an was wondering what resolution will be better to play this game in? I know that 1080p looks better, but its natively in 720p right, I need clarification

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Turk said:
It's more "funny" to spoil MGS than GTA. I have no doubt there's going to be some "Dumbledore: MGS4 edition" videos on youtube.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kagari, how can I tell if my GS is gonna have a midnight launch? I will 100% go and get it if that's the case.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Y2Kev said:
Kagari, how can I tell if my GS is gonna have a midnight launch? I will 100% go and get it if that's the case.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/mgs4/MGS4Midnight.pdf

Edit: :lol

Guled said:
I got a new 1080p lcd tv an was wondering what resolution will be better to play this game in? I know that 1080p looks better, but its natively in 720p right, I need clarification
It depends what scales better, PS3 or your TV. I think PS3 only scales horizontally meaning two scaling operations would have to be performed(one by PS3, second by your TV) if you let the console do it, which should theoretically be worse than just outputting at 720p and letting your TV scale.

Just try both, that's the only way you'll know.

MrDaravon

I know this has probably already asked or posted a bunch of times in this thread, and normally I hate it when people do this, but this thread is already enormous; is there any good website where I can get either really detailed summaries of the games, full scripts, or anything like that? I've played through them and I'm fairly confident that I remember what's going on, but wouldn't mind reading up on it for fun. I'm trying to avoid doing a google search for obvious reasons, and the only thing I've seen posted in other threads is that MGS wiki site, does anyone know if that site's safe or not? Obviously wikipedia itself is a no go :p

Turk

Chamber said:
It's more "funny" to spoil MGS than GTA. I have no doubt there's going to be some "Dumbledore: MGS4 edition" videos on youtube.
There's no Knife CQC in the Harry Potter universe.

Xtyle

Just paid in full at local gamestop. Beyond that, I have a collector's edition ordered from gamestop web site.

I also found out the midnight launch is on Wednesday night instead of Thursday night...for some reasons I always thought it was the latter...this is just awesome news for me!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dralla said:
I still haven't decided on which food to buy for my epic MGS4 run.

SO MANY CHOICES!
Wow, thanks for reminding me...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dralla said:
oh jesus shit, I accidentally clicked the spoilers MGS4 thread. can we please sticky this already!

I did too and slammed my screen shut and shrieked :lol

My mom was in the other room and she came in and said whats wrong and I said MGS4 SPOILERS and she rolled her eyes :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom