• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoboman

I clicked on the Spoiler thread too yesterday. I only saw a random post by TTP, I just made my eyes blur and clicked a different tab, then closed the spoiler one

Tortfeasor said:
I had a dream that I was playing MGS4 last night and at one point Snake was in some sort of skyscraper going floor by floor killing baddies/sneaking around etc, when he got trapped in a net after walking into a room by a group of 5 soldiers. With all hope seeming lost, all of a sudden Spider-man smashed through a window, beat up the soldiers, and saved Snake.
Was it Italian Spiderman? God, I hope so.

Owensboro

Randam_Hajile said:
Having gotten the bundle last Thursday, I can definitely say that it does not.

Here's what it does come with (from the box):
1) System
2) DualShock 3 Wireless Controller
3) AC Power Cord
4) AV Cable
5) Ethernet Cable
6) USB Cable
7) Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots
8) PAIN downloadable game voucher
9) Printed Materials

What it doesn't list is that it also comes with a Blu-Ray disc full of game and movie trailers. Also, the new 80 gig is backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1.

Awesome, thanks for the information man. I assume it's 100% BC too? Did you try some games they would never ever give BC to? (I'm gonna fire mine up with a copy of Incredible Crisis for the PS1).

EDIT: It comes with an Ethernet Cable..... does that mean it's not wireless?

Ploid 3.0

Madsucktion said:
Awesome, thanks for the information man. I assume it's 100% BC too? Did you try some games they would never ever give BC to? (I'm gonna fire mine up with a copy of Incredible Crisis for the PS1).

All ps1 games are compatible with the 40gig ps3. Or at least 99.5% or something. It's ps2 games that could be the problem with compatibility on the 80gig.

Acid08 said:
I need some way to stay awake and play a marathon MGS4 session!

Energy drinks. I beat Son of Sparda mode in DMC4 in one sitting while tackling two energy drinks. Of course, I had to deal with my heart beating so fast I couldn't lie down and sleep, but that's another story...

BlockBastard said:
I click the spoiler thread and scroll down with my eyes closed for cheap thrills.

:lol :lol :lol who needs Six Flags when you have the MGS4 spoiler thread

we could turn this into a drinking game...

I'm definitely considering going down to Walmart at midnight now and getting MGS4. Just got my PS3 and I didn't buy a game with it so MGS4 will be the first. Can't wait!

Acid08

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Energy drinks. I beat Son of Sparda mode in DMC4 in one sitting while tackling two energy drinks. Of course, I had to deal with my heart beating so fast I couldn't lie down and sleep, but that's another story...
Heroin makes you super high at the same time though with no crash later! It's a win win situation really.

But one I did a 36 hours game session with my friends and took 4 of those 5 Hour Energy thing. I had like 2000x the normal amount of Vitamin B in my system. And then I had to go to work after. Not fun at all.

Gen-X

Banned
Good morning everyone, Bruceleeroy I had to do this...only 4 more days left now!!!! EST that is ;)

countdown4.jpg

hirokazu

Yoboman said:
GOD DAMN IT. I accidentally clicked the spoiler thread again SHIT
Dude...
hirokazu said:
Seriously people, just don't click on any threads that say MGS4 on it in the thread listings. If you want to come to this thread, just click User CP and it should show up on the list of threads you've posted it, if it's not, click List Subscriptions on the side.

Gen-X

Banned
brandonh83 said:
Looks awesome, Gen.
Eh I didn't do it lol, it's up in the little database of all the countdown pictures that Bruceleeroy has done, I even saw the 3days left one pretty nice. I take no credit what so ever so don't give it to me...I'm just posting them up early and on time if BLR can't =D

So for those unlucky bastards that arent getting this game at midnight, will you be waiting till nighttime to play? I gots a CRT Rear pro and daytime gaming is not fun. Then again, I can always garbage bag the windows. FUCK what to do....

As for food....Crab cakes and Risotto should do the trick

Gen-X said:
Eh I didn't do it lol, it's up in the little database of all the countdown pictures that Bruceleeroy has done, I even saw the 3days left one pretty nice. I take no credit what so ever so don't give it to me...I'm just posting them up early and on time if BLR can't =D

oh well your post kind of read like you did do it... but whatever, it's cool.

Owensboro

Ploid 3.0 said:
All ps1 games are compatible with the 40gig ps3. Or at least 99.5% or something. It's ps2 games that could be the problem with compatibility on the 80gig.

......crap..... so your saying my copy of Disgaea 2 might not work? uuuuugh

Acid08

Banned
Madsucktion said:
......crap..... so your saying my copy of Disgaea 2 might not work? uuuuugh
Check the backwards compatibilty thing on playstation.com. The vast majority of PS2 games work on the 80GB so I wouldn't worry.

daegan

I can't believe we are seriously four days away.

If I'm being particular; three days, twenty three hours and forty minutes.

Eat it west coast. :p

hirokazu

Schrade said:
All are, yes. All also have Gigabit ethernet and comes with an ethernet cable.

Edit: all except the 20 GB I mean. Forgot about that one.
Wow, I completely did not recall mine coming with an Ethernet cable. Had to double-check the box.

I have a 15m Ethernet cable coming out of the router in the computer room to the PS3 in the lounge room. Not using slow-ass Wi-Fi for that thing... Gigabit Ethernet FTW! :D

hirokazu

daegan said:
I can't believe we are seriously four days away.

If I'm being particular; three days, twenty three hours and forty minutes.

Eat it west coast. :p
3 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes. Australia says, "Eat it, America!"

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Lion Heart said:
So for those unlucky bastards that arent getting this game at midnight, will you be waiting till nighttime to play? I gots a CRT Rear pro and daytime gaming is not fun. Then again, I can always garbage bag the windows. FUCK what to do....

As for food....Crab cakes and Risotto should do the trick
Will you really be able to wait all those hours with the game case just staring at you? I'm all about nighttime gaming but I'm also weak willed. :lol

Sallokin

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the LE guide and the headset? I've been to several Gamestops and have yet to find a single store that got them in. Weren't they supposed to hit on Friday? I even got the automated call for the guide on Thursday. I'm assuming they're delayed.

Acid08

Banned
Sallokin said:
Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the LE guide and the headset? I've been to several Gamestops and have yet to find a single store that got them in. Weren't they supposed to hit on Friday? I even got the automated call for the guide on Thursday. I'm assuming they're delayed.
Headset in on the 12th. I thought everything was supposed to come out on the 12th?

Chamber said:
Will you really be able to wait all those hours with the game case just staring at you? I'm all about nighttime gaming but I'm also weak willed. :lol

If one of my friends is willing to play tennis I can do it, otherwise I dont think I can wait till Night. I usually garbage bag the blinds but I will need ones less translucent. Either way...I will be gaming till the next morning so no biggie :lol

Turk

Chamber said:

I call those Work Hours. :D
GO NIGHT TIME MGS PLAYERS

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sallokin said:

Should be in Monday.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Sallokin said:
I ordered from GameStop online and got the LE guide on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom