• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momar

aka Ryder
This might've been already been posted, but I'll throw it in here as well.

Just spoke with my local GameStop employee, and here's what she had to say:

a.) They only got 4 PS3 80gig MGS4 Bundles
b.) The PS2 -> PS3 $80 trade-in deal has been extended until the end of the month (system w/ controller, memory card, extra controller)
c.) Get there EARLY.

:(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
4 DAYS LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFT.

Ploid 3.0

There are final boss fight vids out there. I can't help not browsing the spoiler thread. I'm still not spoiled still. I'm that stealthy. I squint my eyes and look for safe posts. I just want good none spoiler pictures. Not going to mess with that fire thread anymore though. Curosity killed the ocelot.

Volcynika

Ryder said:
This might've been already been posted, but I'll throw it in here as well.

Just spoke with my local GameStop employee, and here's what she had to say:

a.) They only got 4 PS3 80gig MGS4 Bundles
b.) The PS2 -> PS3 $80 trade-in deal has been extended until the end of the month (system w/ controller, memory card, extra controller)
c.) Get there EARLY.

:(

D:

Darkpen

Banned
So I downloaded the theatrical trailer that's available on the Japanese PSN, and I've been comparing it to the theatrical trailer that's available on the Konami website, and I've found that they used two different songs for two different sequences, which explains why the new cut felt so odd to me.

eso76

Issun23 said:
A giant squirrel eats up Snake who camo's into a nut. :'(

i'm serious !
Only way to counter is start spreading false (but believable) rumors, so people who haven't played the game will not know what to believe anymore and will become...uh..unspoiled.

This is getting out of control, spoiler threat has found new, evil ways.
No place to Hide for real.
Magazines, newspapers, tv, online games, friends requests on xbl, psn, msn, email, computers at school. Top right corner of this page is telling me i have one new unread private message; see you in july, unread message !
What's next ? anonymous phone calls ? sms ?
i totally expect to borrow a book at the library and find out someone has written mgs4 spoilers all over the last page.

I'm still spoiler-free (with the exception of the OST track listing). I'll just be playing single player games until release. I've already sworn off other gaming sites. I wonder if their overall traffic is down haha. Losing money because of spoiling bitches.

karasu

Shit man! This thread should be stickied; separated from gen pop. I just clicked on the spoiler thread by mistake!

I just got a PM clicked on it looked away really quickly called my wife and asked her
"okay read whats on the screen in your head and if it says any names like: Snake,
Meryl, Otacon, Liquid Ocelot, or Naomi say SPOILER! If it does not continue to say
read and if its nothing plot sounding say its safe."

She just starred blankly at me for a couple of seconds.

Damn game is making me go crazy. Thank god I dont do Meth I would have beat
the shite out of this fern in our front room by now for donning octocamo.

Wollan

Did the same as many others here, accidentally clicked the Spoilers Thread and kept on reading. Got lucky though as I happened to see the thread title above before I got too far.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BruceLeeRoy said:
I just got a PM clicked on it looked away really quickly called my wife and asked her
"okay read whats on the screen in your head and if it says any names like: Snake,
Meryl, Otacon, Liquid Ocelot, or Naomi say SPOILER! If it does not continue to say
read and if its nothing plot sounding say its safe."

She just starred blankly at me for a couple of seconds.

Damn game is making me go crazy. Thank god I dont do Meth I would have beat
the shite out of this fern in our front room by now for donning octocamo.
:lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
karasu said:
Shit man! This thread should be stickied; separated from gen pop. I just clicked on the spoiler thread by mistake!
Same thing just happened to me. Luckily I have quick reflexes.

No_Style

Costanza said:
Does the spoiler thread have spoilers right in the OP or is everything black-barred?

Evillore was kind enough to make a big first post with buffer space. If you scroll, it's your own fault.

Wollan

I managed to click it a second time. What's wrong with me.
And this time I managed to get spoilorzed (top post in last page).
Pretty significantly actually though can't really say I want to die or anything.

KZObsessed

You can add me to the idiot pile, I also accidentally clicked on it. :p Tho all I saw was something about a boss which I already knew about so no worries.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Wollan said:
Pretty significantly actually though can't really say I want to die or anything.
Same thing happened to me. Only managed to read 'Ocelot' then the script kicked in and saved me, thank god.

Sticky this. Evilore, anyone, PLEASE.

tha_con

Banned
Wollan said:

omg Wollan is back.

Welcome back...and so terribly sorry you had to 'leave'.

Ninja Scooter said:
maybe not the best thread to ask in, but fuck it: Does anyone know if the 80GB MGS4 bundle comes with an HDMI cable?

Having gotten the bundle last Thursday, I can definitely say that it does not.

Here's what it does come with (from the box):
1) System
2) DualShock 3 Wireless Controller
3) AC Power Cord
4) AV Cable
5) Ethernet Cable
6) USB Cable
7) Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots
8) PAIN downloadable game voucher
9) Printed Materials

What it doesn't list is that it also comes with a Blu-Ray disc full of game and movie trailers. Also, the new 80 gig is backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1.

Chittagong said:
SAN FRANCISCO GAFFERS

Is there a place to pick this up at midnight, without a preorder? I happen to be in San Fran next week and given that PS3 is region free I could take it home for weekend.

Yeah, Gamestop on Powell Street is holding a Midnight Launch Event.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jimmy Stav said:
Yeah, Gamestop on Powell Street is holding a Midnight Launch Event.

Cool, thanks. That's where I usually shop. Couple of questions still, if I may:

- Do I need a preorder?
- Will I get mugged if I walk back to my hotel at Embarcadero (Vitale) back in the night?

tass0

Banned
I hate the Internet.

I've been spoiled of:
multiple boss fights(including final)
returning characters
total weapons + camo
ending

*removed minor spoilers*

Chittagong said:
Cool, thanks. That's where I usually shop. Couple of questions still, if I may:

- Do I need a preorder?
- Will I get mugged if I walk back to my hotel at Embarcadero (Vitale) back in the night?

I doubt you'll need to pre-order the regular edition, but who knows. While I doubt you get mugged, that is pretty far, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom