• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
I have to search for a MGS4 80GB PS3 on Thursday to replace my 3 day broken 60GB PS3 with my warranty. *sigh*

Acid08

Banned
Graduate from high school on Thursday and have nothing after :D . Pft, you people with responsibilities :lol

But I really needs a job :(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
drknite said:
I ordered from GameStop online and got the LE guide on Friday.

Well I ordered the LE and online and my order got delayed since they changed the release date to the 12th. Everything MGS related has been pushed to the 12th from what research I have done.

drknite

g35twinturbo said:
Well I ordered the LE and online and my order got delayed since they changed the release date to the 12th. Everything MGS related has been pushed to the 12th from what research I have done.
When did you order? I ordered a couple of weeks ago and at the time it said it was shipping June 4th and I used 3-day shipping.

Volcynika

Kagari said:
Damn, lol. My satellite went down during a storm so I stopped watching TV :(

Unlucky :(

So I have to decide when and what I'm going to do. Gonna get the bundle, but I have to make decisions.

Thing is, there's a Wal-mart right near my house (less than 5 min) that's 24 hours, but for the midnight stuff they sometimes wait till 7am to sell it. On the other hand, I have two GameStops (one was EB Games here before the merger) less than 5 minutes from my house. Oy, gotta plan out what to do and when this week.

I have no clue what my week is going to be like. On Monday I find out if I start a full time job, if I get it odds are I will be working at some point this week. I really want the job but damn it I wish it would start next week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Metroidvania said:
Trying for it, I have to call my local GS and see if they'll tell me how many they got in.

Looks like the more popular ones are getting 4 in for their first shipment.

Ploid 3.0

OMG lol omg what I clicked the wrong thread. I can't obtain the rank of Big boss at the end of this avoid spoiler until launch game. I shall go away now. I failed. I wasn't thinking much of it at first, ans still thought it was normal. Then as I wonder why that picture was posted I looked up.

Actually now that I think about it. I doubt I got a big spoiler. It's probably something minor for all I know. I just got a Caution level Alert. Going for the stealth camo baby!

drknite

Kagari said:
You have got to be kidding me, that's it? I know you work at gamestop, but do you know how many a Target might get in, if any?

Acid08

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
OMG lol omg what I clicked the wrong thread. I can't obtain the rank of Big boss at the end of this avoid spoiler until launch game. I shall go away now. I failed. I wasn't thinking much of it at first, ans still thought it was normal. Then as I wonder why that picture was posted I looked up.
Did you get anything really bad?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
drknite said:
You have got to be kidding me, that's it? I know you work at gamestop, but do you know how many a Target might get in, if any?

Best Buy, Walmart, etc are getting a lot more than us.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Kagari said:

Shit.

5 it is, then, unless I get lucky.

My walmart did mention that they were "putting it (the bundle) up" Tuesday. Sounded like they had no idea they were supposed to wait until the 12th, if I get insanely lucky, they might just break street date.

I have no clue what my week is going to be like. On Monday I find out if I start a full time job, if I get it odds are I will be working at some point this week. I really want the job but damn it I wish it would start next week.

I just got a full-time too, I'd have to burn rubber to get to work right after I (hopefully) get a bundle....and then sit there for 8 hours. :(

edit:

Best Buy, Walmart, etc are getting a lot more than us.

Damnit, I support the little guy, but Walmart is _much_ closer to my work....but I've already got the L.E. pre-ordered.....decisions, decisions...

Metroidvania said:
Shit.

5 it is, then, unless I get lucky.

My walmart did mention that they were "putting it (the bundle) up" Tuesday. Sounded like they had no idea they were supposed to wait until the 12th, if I get insanely lucky, they might just break street date.

I just got a full-time too, I'd have to burn rubber to get to work right after I (hopefully) get a bundle....and then sit there for 8 hours. :(

edit:

Damnit, I support the little guy, but Walmart is _much_ closer to my work....but I've already got the L.E. pre-ordered.....decisions, decisions...

Support the little guy? Isn't this Gamestop we're talking about here?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
funkmastergeneral said:
Support the little guy? Isn't this Gamestop we're talking about here?

Hmm....true.

little as in non-gigantic corporate behemoth.

Wait....I guess that doesn't work either.

Poor choice of words, I suppose.

Ploid 3.0

MiamiWesker said:
So I am at that stage where I can't touch a damn videogame cause its not MGS4. :(

I just got CoD4 and was hooked, but now the mgs4 anticipation is taking me over. Today is double exp weekend on CoD4 also, man this is bad.

Acid08

Banned
I played a lot of the Civ Revolution demo today. Amazing demo. Also the Bad Company demo is really fun for multiplayer. Good time wasters until MGS4.

drknite

Acid08 said:
I played a lot of the Civ Revolution demo today. Amazing demo. Also the Bad Company demo is really fun for multiplayer. Good time wasters until MGS4.
Not even those could tide me over to the caterpillar stache of gray fur of Snake. Every time I look at my carpet, I think of Snake.

Gen-X said:
Good morning everyone, Bruceleeroy I had to do this...only 4 more days left now!!!! EST that is ;)

countdown4.jpg

Whoa that scared the shit out of me I was like how the fu@#$ did he get the image but I guess its basically pretty easy to guess. You guys are welcome to post them up if I haven't by midnight.

BlockBastard said:
so close

It's almost surreal that I'm getting MGS4 this week. This. Fucking. Week.

I know man....I haven't honestly been this excited about actually playing a game since MGS2 and maybe Super Mario 64. Its a awesome feeling and one thats been a long time coming.

WinFonda said:
I just saw the commercial. Man am I pumped!

How is the quality of the commercial? Is it similar to the MTV ones?

Volcynika

BruceLeeRoy said:
I know man....I haven't honestly been this excited about actually playing a game since MGS2 and maybe Super Mario 64. Its a awesome feeling and one thats been a long time coming.

It's ok. Just a much condensed version of the theatrical trailer. I didn't see the MTV ones, so I can't compare.... D:

BruceLeeRoy said:

Can someone upload the new commercial to youtube ( and post in big font that it does NOT contain spoilers)

WinFonda

BruceLeeRoy said:
I haven't seen the MTV one, actually I haven't seen any MGS related media in a long time. The tv commercial I saw had the "trailer guy" voice, and it was basically like a short theatrical trailer. The theme was "Courage is Solid"

drknite said:
The Target I work at only got two of the MGS4 bundles (somewhat small town, and no, we aren't selling them early).

WinFonda said:
I haven't seen the MTV one, actually I haven't seen any MGS related media in a long time. The tv commercial I saw had the "trailer guy" voice, and it was basically like a short theatrical trailer. The theme was "Courage is Solid"

Sounds cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom