• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlockBastard said:
I'm gonna get my copy on the 14th and I've got an exam on the 18th.

Fuck the exam.

Lol, i would do it too, but i ordered the American limited Edition and i'm from Italy, so i'll have to wait for it to be delivered (2 weeks at best) : \
Oh well, after the exam i'll have much more free time to play it ^ ^

Defuser

29xcbd4.jpg

Wow,there even a middle age lady lining up. Must be some douchebag kid asking his mom to line to up.

lostxii

hidepsyence said:
I'm gonna have my high school final exam in the next weeks, so i don't think i'll be playing it really soon : \

I'm soooo jealous ; _ ;
yea, me too

I'll probably have to wait 'till after the exams to play.

diunxx

dr3upmushroom said:
Guess you're right, but he is the original Snake. (I wouldn't mind having a MG game with The Boss as the main focus) Also, why the hell did you go there. The internet is a dangerous place right now, the only safe place is Gaf.

I have been dreaming about a WW2 MG game with The Boss as the main character since I finished MGS3.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat153800050000&type=category
Best Buy stores doing midnight openings:
California
Bay Bridge Map
Citrus Heights Map
Elk Grove Map
Marin City Map
Mira Mesa Map
Roseville Map
San Francisco (Harrison St.) Map
San Francisco (Geary Blvd.) Map
San Marcos Map
Sherman Oaks Map
West Hollywood Map
Westminster Map
Woodland Hills Map

Colorado
Denver Map
Lone Tree Map
Westminster Map

Florida
Boca Raton Map
Dadeland Map
Hialeah Map
Pembroke Pines Map
Waterford Lakes Map
West Kendall Map

Georgia
Alpharetta Map
Edgewood Map
Perimeter Map

Illinois
Bloomington Map
Burbank Map
Downers Grove Map
North Avenue Map
Schaumburg Map
Tinley Park Map

Indiana
Castleton Map

Iowa
Des Moines Map
Iowa City Map

Louisiana
Baton Rouge Map
New Orleans Map

Maryland
Owings Mills Map
Rockville Map

Massachusetts
Cambridge Map

Michigan
Allen Park Map
Gratiot Map
Southfield Map

Minnesota
Apple Valley Map
Coon Rapids Map
Minnetonka Map
Oakdale Map
Richfield Map

Missouri
Mid Rivers Mall Map
South County Map

Nevada
Las Vegas Map

North Dakota
Fargo Map

New Hampshire
Nashua Map

New Jersey
Deptford Map
Secaucus Map
West Patterson Map

New York
Midtown Map
NoHo Map
Westbury Map

Tennessee
Murfreesboro Map

Texas
Arlington Map
Austin Map
Baybrook Map
Dallas Map
Frisco Map
Galleria Map
Plano Map
Willowbrook Map

Virginia
Gainesville Map
Newport News Map
Sterling Map
Tyson's Corner Map
Virginia Beach Map

Washington
Bellevue Map

Wisconsin
La Crosse Map
Madison Map
Southridge Map

Cant believe the game is about to come out in a few days.

Ive waited so long for this. Since MGS2 as we know Mgs3 didnt really forward the story. Its SEVEN YEARS!

Seven years to finally get to know the end. This will be a once in a lifetime game experience especially nowadays where most games are utter shit and dont care for story.

Kojima was in Hamburg and I wasnt there. Im such a moron.

Ganondorfo

Why are there still no reviews by 1up/ign/gamespot/kotaku/gametrailers/egm/gameinformer/gamestm

you know the more popular gamingwebsites.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Ganondorfo said:
Why are there still no reviews by 1up/ign/gamespot/kotaku/gametrailers/egm/gameinformer/gamestm

They must all want to take two points off and blame it on installs and long cutscenes.

Darkpen

Banned
Ganondorfo said:

1up and EGM won't be posting until after the game's release. Since when does Kotaku review? I'm sure the game informer one will be coming eventually.

Dever

Banned
Ganondorfo said:

IGN aren't reviewing until the release, because:

- The restrictions set by Konami
- They want want to play MGO first

They talk about it in the latest Podcast Beyond.

Yoboman

Dever said:

I think Konami removed those restrictions, but yeah IGN is playing MGO first, as should they all

Gamespot didn't go to the Konami event either, so they won't review it till post-launch either

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
BlockBastard said:
The game will remain in your dreams, unfortunately.
Well, if the next MG director wants to carry on developing the story around the characters kojima created (snake, the boss, big boss etc), then its possible that we'll see a game about the boss.

No point talking about it though. MGS4 isnt even out yet, so I'm getting waaay ahead of myself.

Prothero

Neo Member
I have been dreaming about a WW2 MG game with The Boss as the main character since I finished MGS3.

Agreed and seconded.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, too, except my vision includes all of the members of The Cobra Unit, which would be playable with their own sections.

For example,

The End = Sniping

The Fury = Decimating enemies with fire attacks / setting forests full of Nazi tanks on fire

The Pain = Bee attacks

The Fear = Stealth hunting with poison darts

It would be awesome and nobody could rock WW2 like Kojima.

Yoboman

Prothero said:
Agreed and seconded.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, too, except my vision includes all of the members of The Cobra Unit, which would be playable with their own sections.

For example,

The End = Sniping

The Fury = Decimating enemies with fire attacks / setting forests full of Nazi tanks on fire

The Pain = Bee attacks

"Bee attacks", they might as well leave him out entirely :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Prothero said:
Agreed and seconded.

For example,

The End = Sniping

The Pain = Bee attacks

You've missed out The Boss (the most important member)

You've also missed out The Sorrow

Plus, Kojima said he wont be making another MGS game. Well, he said MGS2 would be his and he made MGS3, then he said that MGS3 would be his last and he made MGS4, but this time I think he does mean it.

Darkpen

Banned
Prothero said:
Agreed and seconded.

For example,

The End = Sniping

The Pain = Bee attacks

rofl, it'd be like republic commando, but with shooting bees out of mouths and poison darts D:

And the sorrow is missing D:

He'd be like... recon I guess D:

Yoboman said:
"Bee attacks", they might as well leave him out entirely :lol

No way, that would bee awesome. Imagine creating a giant fist out of bees to smash people with. Or building bee-bridges across chasms. Or raising a wall of bees for cover. Or sending out poison scout bees you can control remotely. Or sneaking up on people and smothering them with a mask of bees. Or planting beehive landmines. OMG.

LaneDS

I've only been occasionally popping into this thread (I know it's spoiler free but I feel like there are spoiler terrorists lying in wait anywhere and everywhere, all the time!) but has anyone received the Limited Edition early and posted high quality images of the packaging?

Buying it regardless but I'm curious what to expect.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy mother of... I just almost got a heart attack - I saw a UPS sticky note posted on the door, that I missed a shipment from Gamestop on Friday. Could this really be it? UPS office is closed today, I live in Canada and have ordered LE from US Gamestop back when it was first announced. Has anyone actually received something from them already? Could they be just sending a preorder bonus of some kind? On the tracking website, it says that the package weight is just 0.20Lb (90 grams), that sounds a bit too lightweight to be a game.

hirokazu

enygma214 said:
Don't know if this is the place to ask but with all the great art in here I thought I'd taka a crack at it. I'm looking for hi quality logos from MGS4. The ones I'm looking for are of course the final box logo with the 4 that looks like an L. The kanji symbol on Snake's sneaking suit, and the Kojima Production Fox logo. Any help would be appreciated.

MGS4... so many years and these last few days are fucking killing me.
I can provide you with the MGS4 logo, at least:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hirokazu/public/mgs4logo.jpg

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dever said:

good

i need to find ign playing mgo on day 1 and show em how its done >___>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom