• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

Choke on the Magic said:
GAF's on a four day alert phase? :eek: ...awesome.:D
I bet I upload a new countdown song for the each of the remaining days too :lol

I would have used the one above for the last day though :lol

Ephemeris said:
I bet I upload a new countdown song for the each of the remaining days too :lol

I would have used the one above for the last day though :lol

Awesome. Chamber's idea to ride back from the midnight release with that playing is an excellent idea.:lol

Acid08 said:
Graduate from high school on Thursday and have nothing after :D . Pft, you people with responsibilities :lol

But I really needs a job :(

I'm a school psychologist for a school district. My paid summer vacation starts June 19th and lasts until August 18th. :D

Ashhong

watching the IGN video comparison, i noticed some writing on a cardboard box. its the part where those uh...cow machines stomp on the box and its only full of watermelons. it says "No Place for Hideo" (i think).

i assume this was already widely known, but i just saw it today :D

careksims

I'm very happy that MGS4 comes out Thursday morning at 10am (no midnight for me) so I can grab it and my PS3 for my trip to San Fran. Lady said LE is very very limited. Eep.

I'm so confused you guys. Should I try to go to Walmart and get the $100 gift card with the bundle or should I go to Gamestop's midnight launch to get the bundle?

I don't want to miss out on the game day one. D:

Knight77

Wow guys...without counting MGS3 that for me was like a "parenthesis", it's 7 years...7 fu**ing years that I'm waiting for this game. And the day is sooo close!!! YEAH!!!!!

MCermak

Snake? SNAKE.... SNAAAKKKEEE!!!!!! :lol :lol

Every time I die I just start laughing. I think my current playthrough of the trilogy is starting to mess with my head.

4 days.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, I don't see what the issue is; the spoiler thread is very clearly marked.

DevilWillcry said:
I've seen the "Courage is Solid" TV spot about 8 times in the last 2 hours. Sony and Konami are marketing the shit out of this game.
What networks???

I kept an eye on discovery channel, MTV and Cartoon network (adult swim) and didnt see anything.. I didnt watch for very long though

liquidspeed said:
What networks???

I kept an eye on discovery channel, MTV and Cartoon network (adult swim) and didnt see anything.. I didnt watch for very long though
I was alternating between Cartoon network and Comedy Central.

hirokazu

Ashhong said:
watching the IGN video comparison, i noticed some writing on a cardboard box. its the part where those uh...cow machines stomp on the box and its only full of watermelons. it says "No Place for Hideo" (i think).

i assume this was already widely known, but i just saw it today :D
Yeah, the other side, which is shown first in that cutscene, says NO PLACE TO HIDE. I love how they put these things in MGS games.

Rez>You said:
I agree, I don't see what the issue is; the spoiler thread is very clearly marked.
Same, but I also don't understand if they do, why they don't access this thread via User CP and ignore the other MGS4 threads here.

gbovo

Hey Gaf, I got a final project due on Monday and was working on part of the project. Just want to know what you guys think .... I drew it out on paper with pencil, scanned it and added color with Photoshop.

2560840886_01fe392ca5_b.jpg

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
So I'm borrowing my friends PS3, but here's the problem - I only have one HDMI slot on my TV and I really want to play MGS4 with Surround Sound. Can I use an optic cable to hook the surround sound up directly to the PS3 (like I do with my 360)?
Yeah, that's what I do.

gbovo said:
Hey Gaf, I got a final project due on Monday and was working on part of the project. Just want to know what you guys think .... I drew it out on paper with pencil, scanned it and added color with Photoshop.

That looks great. How long did it take you to draw?

Hahaha, OMG, I just got spoiled hardcore... I was in the Akiba topic and clicked on the 4chan link to see what they were saying about us... I'm a fucking idiot.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
revolverjgw said:
Hahaha, OMG, I just got spoiled hardcore... I was in the Akiba topic and clicked on the 4chan link to see what they were saying about us... I'm a fucking idiot.
Holy shit I was about to do the same thing earlier but I got distracted by the phone. Lucky me.

Raist

Banned
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
So I'm borrowing my friends PS3, but here's the problem - I only have one HDMI slot on my TV and I really want to play MGS4 with Surround Sound. Can I use an optic cable to hook the surround sound up directly to the PS3 (like I do with my 360)?

Of course. You'll just have to go to the settings and select optical instead of HDMI for sound output.

Knight77 said:
Wow guys...without counting MGS3 that for me was like a "parenthesis", it's 7 years...7 fu**ing years that I'm waiting for this game. And the day is sooo close!!! YEAH!!!!!
How can you not count the best game in the entire series?

Dever said:
No Solid Snake.

I also got spoiled by that 4chan thread. :/ Probably not that bad though.
Guess you're right, but he is the original Snake. (I wouldn't mind having a MG game with The Boss as the main focus) Also, why the hell did you go there. The internet is a dangerous place right now, the only safe place is Gaf.

dr3upmushroom said:
Guess you're right, but he is the original Snake. (I wouldn't mind having a MG game with The Boss as the main focus) Also, why the hell did you go there. The internet is a dangerous place right now, the only safe place is Gaf.

Yes! It must happen!

dr3upmushroom said:

it can be an FPS set in the second world war.

hirokazu

revolverjgw said:
What's this about 4chan talking about us?

Cronen

hirokazu said:
What's this about 4chan talking about us?

About the Tokyo incident. There's a link to 4chan's 'response', in which it has MGS spoilers followed by 'Hi Neogaf'. Luckily I made it off the site in time.

Yoboman

Cronen said:
About the Tokyo incident. There's a link to 4chan's 'response', in which it has MGS spoilers followed by 'Hi Neogaf'. Luckily I made it off the site in time.
Glad I clicked it before that went up :lol

Piggus

gbovo said:

Looks awesome, good job and thanks for posting. :)

I'm pretty good with drawing inanimate objects like cars and buildings, but I suck at drawing actual humans. So your portrait of Snake is pretty inspiring! The hair is a little... afro-ish I guess compared to what we've seen, but that's my only quip.

EDIT: And omg I can't believe this game is only four days away! can't wait! :D

enygma214

Neo Member
Don't know if this is the place to ask but with all the great art in here I thought I'd taka a crack at it. I'm looking for hi quality logos from MGS4. The ones I'm looking for are of course the final box logo with the 4 that looks like an L. The kanji symbol on Snake's sneaking suit, and the Kojima Production Fox logo. Any help would be appreciated.

MGS4... so many years and these last few days are fucking killing me.

I'm gonna have my high school final exam in the next weeks, so i don't think i'll be playing it really soon : \

I'm soooo jealous ; _ ;

hidepsyence said:
I'm gonna have my high school final exam in the next weeks, so i don't think i'll be playing it really soon : \

I'm soooo jealous ; _ ;

I'm gonna get my copy on the 14th and I've got an exam on the 18th.

Fuck the exam.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow... 4 days...

Superfrog

LTTP: Some impressions from the MGS4 World Tour 2008 signing in Hamburg, Germany last Friday. Around 500 people were lining up, but they had to end the signing after one hour (to catch their plane to Amsterdam). The guys who couldn't get at the stage anymore were put off with MGS4 keychains.

The coolest piece I saw someone got signed was an MSX plastic bag in mint condition (not pictured here).

309rmuo.jpg

qrlw2c.jpg

b6sz6s.jpg

29xcbd4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom