• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choke on the Magic said:
fixed. I actually got some rations from a military surplus store for my upcoming marathon. I hope I say "mmmmm delicious", instead of "gross" or "I'm gonna puke" when I eat them.

Or: "That was DAMN good" :lol

Guled

dabookerman said:
The way it goes is like this. Gameplay, then cutscene, then when cutscene ends, load screen/press start.

Also regarding pausing cutscenes. It's almost a pointless feature since pressing the guide button pauses the cutscene aswell lol..
is this also for the short cutscenes or only the long ones? Also, is the ending the longest cutscene?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dabookerman said:
The way it goes is like this. Gameplay, then cutscene, then when cutscene ends, load screen/press start.

Also regarding pausing cutscenes. It's almost a pointless feature since pressing the guide button pauses the cutscene aswell lol..

Hey could u check something for me? I'll spoiltag this just to be sure.

Try going into a cutscene with any octocamo pattern different from the "neutral" one and shake the controller while the cutscene is in progress. Does the octocamo patter go back to neutral like it does during gameplay?

dabookerman said:
It's annoying. I hope something fixes it.

How about this, so I have act 5 cached. So I thought, ok I will start a new game.. Installs for 2 minutes.. I play act 1 for a few minutes, then i choose to play act 2, installs... go back to act 1.. installs.

That's absurd.

Acid08

Banned
I'm considering cancelling my LE pre-order. Like seriously I'm really disappointed in the packaging. Idk though. It's all payed off so I might just keep it. On the KP Report Ryan made the making of documentary sounds pretty cool, and the soundtrack will be nice.

Acid08 said:
I'm considering cancelling my LE pre-order. Like seriously I'm really disappointed in the packaging. Idk though. It's all payed off so I might just keep it. On the KP Report Ryan made the making of documentary sounds pretty cool, and the soundtrack will be nice.

The extra content is worth it, damn it. That's what I'll tell myself as I fork over my Visa.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Acid08 said:
The contents are top dollar. That's what matter most. You don't want 2 hours of making of/documentary?

Acid08

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
The contents are top dollar. That's what matter most. You don't want 2 hours of making of/documentary?
Yeah that's really what I'm thinking about. I'm going to keep it. The SE box art isn't so bad anyway.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Acid08 said:
Yeah that's really what I'm thinking about. I'm going to keep it. The SE box art isn't so bad anyway.
Nah, it's good but Shinkawa artwork is the only choice. You would regret it if you changed it, I bet.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That youtube video posted earlier now has a pretty damn big spoiler added in. Fuck interactive videos. :lol

Pojo

Banned
So the LE only has 16 tracks? How many are on the official play-asia soundtrack for comparison?

I'm wondering if I should cancel the LE and just pay up for the soundtrack. I mean a making of documentary is cool, but music is better.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Pojo said:
So the LE only has 16 tracks? How many are on the official play-asia soundtrack for comparison?

I'm wondering if I should cancel the LE and just pay up for the soundtrack. I mean a making of documentary is cool, but music is better.
The official soundtrack has 47 tracks over 2 discs I believe.

Chemo

Ashhong said:
ah so it is just the regular game box inside of that. glad i cancelled the LE now.
Uh, it's for the Blu-ray and the soundtrack and the box that the whole package comes in. Anyone who would pay $85 for an LE just for different box art needs help.

Guled

now that I think about it, what MGS is doing is the same as gta4. GTA had an installation, and then a load every time u started the game (around 2 mins). The only thing thats different is that in MGS4 is between acts, not every time I start the game.

Also dabookerman, about how long dose each act last?

Acid08

Banned
Guled said:
now that I think about it, what MGS is doing is the same as gta4. GTA had an installation, and then a load every time u started the game (around 2 mins). The only thing thats different is that in MGS4 is between acts, not every time I start the game.

Yeah, can you tell us how long the actual gameplay is?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Guled said:

Enough to forget you even installed them. I'd say 3 hrs on average, not counting cutscenes. Difficult to tell cos it depends on how you go through them.

Ashhong

MoonsaultSlayer said:
What? No, dude... he's saying that he figured paying $85 is worth it for the bonus content not for new art. Being thankful for cancelling an LE pre-order simply because the art is the same as the standard is pretty dumb.

the point is that it doesnt cost 85 for the bonus content. its 25. and as was already discussed before, people CARE about box arts.

chemo said:
Uh, it's for the Blu-ray and the soundtrack and the box that the whole package comes in. Anyone who would pay $85 for an LE just for different box art needs help.

what is wrong with people's reading comprehension? who is paying 85 just for different box art? is the actual game free all of a sudden?

as you say, part of it is for the fancy box. a lot of people want that box because its so awesome and hated the regular. who wants to buy the awesome box, only to find the regular inside?

Guled

TTP said:
Enough to forget you even installed them. I'd say 3 hrs on average, not counting cutscenes. Difficult to tell cos it depends on how you go through them.
alright, just one more question, is the last cutscene the longest, or is there another in the game thats longer. I'm asking this since people are saying there are multiple 90-min cutscenes in the game, which i know is not true, but I wanted to know if there are any scenes that was longer then the ending.

dfyb

Banned
there really is no place to hide. the spoilers are everywhere. i feel like i should just disconnect from the internet until i start playing.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Guled said:
alright, just one more question, is the last cutscene the longest, or is there another in the game thats longer. I'm asking this since people are saying there are multiple 90-min cutscenes in the game, which i know is not true, but I wanted to know if there are any scenes that was longer then the ending.

IIRC the ending is the longest one. But it's the ending. I'd hardly even call it a cutscene as it doesnt cut anything :D

Ashhong

dfyb said:
there really is no place to hide. the spoilers are everywhere. i feel like i should just disconnect from the internet until i start playing.

i honestly dont understand how hard it is? i have yet to read 1 spoiler, and ive been browsing gaf all day. even if you go to yourube, just dont read the comments.

i dont know if i could go without any internet for 4 days.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Guled said:

Does the 360 version have that long opening load? At first I wasn't even sure if it was loading because there were no actual indicators like a loading bar or anything.

Ashhong said:
the point is that it doesnt cost 85 for the bonus content. its 25. and as was already discussed before, people CARE about box arts.

what is wrong with people's reading comprehension? who is paying 85 just for different box art? is the actual game free all of a sudden?

as you say, part of it is for the fancy box. a lot of people want that box because its so awesome and hated the regular. who wants to buy the awesome box, only to find the regular inside?

What's with the pointless semantics? You basically said people are willing to part with $85 for the LE of the game because of the potentially different box art instead of $60 anyway. Nothing I really said refute that. At the very least I can say I wanted it for the content and the nice looking case it all comes in.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
Sorry to clog up this thread with really stupid questions, but can I just buy any old optic cable and hook it up to the PS3 and my surround sound? Could I use the one I bought for my 360, even?

Yes. Anyone will do.

Yoboman

sykoex said:
Does the 360 version have that long opening load? At first I wasn't even sure if it was loading because there were no actual indicators like a loading bar or anything.
Yes

Well, that's it. I'm signing off the net until I finish MGS4. It seems that there are spoilers around every goddamned corner now.

See ya in a couple weeks, GAF.

Acid08

Banned
disappeared said:
Well, that's it. I'm signing off the net until I finish MGS4. It seems that there are spoilers around every goddamned corner now.

See ya in a couple weeks, GAF.
You'll be back. They always come back.

Guled

I still don't understand why the LE in Canada is 80 instead of 85. If anything it should be 90. O well, better for me :D

Sallokin

Has anyone, or would it be possible for anyone to post high res versions of the EU/JP boxarts? I would really like to print them out on some quality paper and make some alternate covers for my NA copy when I get it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
dfyb said:
Just do what I am doing don't click on anything that has Metal Gear on the heading only for this thread! :lol

Acid08

Banned
Sallokin said:
Has anyone, or would it be possible for anyone to post high res versions of the EU/JP boxarts? I would really like to print them out on some quality paper and make some alternate covers for my NA copy when I get it.
The NA boxart isn't even that bad :/. I guess since I'm getting the LE though I get Shinkawa artwork and the SE :p.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Acid08 said:
The NA boxart isn't even that bad :/. I guess since I'm getting the LE though I get Shinkawa artwork and the SE :p.

I like the NA normal Edition box art, yes the LE is better though.

Sallokin

Acid08 said:

Don't get me wrong, I dig the boxart, but I would like to have the option to change it up.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Acid08 said:
Well the LE box is just a box with the SE inside of it :/
I'm all for that! I like buying the LE and getting everything the SE comes with and more, including standard cover art on the inside.

i just saw in the circuit city sales ad that they will give you the strategy guide free with the purchase of the game.

do you think gamestop will match this deal? i wasnt planning on getting the strat. guide but free is free and i might need it to find some secret later

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Riskbreaker23 said:
i just saw in the circuit city sales ad that they will give you the strategy guide free with the purchase of the game.

do you think gamestop will match this deal? i wasnt planning on getting the strat. guide but free is free and i might need it to find some secret later

I doubt that the Cheap ass bastards at Gamestop can match it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Guled said:
I still don't understand why the LE in Canada is 80 instead of 85. If anything it should be 90. O well, better for me :D
I heard they had to leave out the making-of disc to fit the french manual inside the box!

(kidding)

tha_con

Banned
Elbrain said:
:lol Some one was bound to do it! Can't wait for the 9000 ones. I wonder if we can achieve that before the release.

Hmm...we're currently running about about 640 posts per day in this thread.

So, in the next 4 days, we'll post about 2,560 times. We should be on track to pass that up, especially if convo ramps up right before release. I may be posting from my Ace, lol.

Prothero

Neo Member
Seiken said:
I've never been so scared in my life... I opened just another Youtube-clip and read the comments... I was so close of getting spoiled. My brain reacted extremely fast and Alt F4 before I even realized what I said.

You've got the right approach, Seiken. As a matter of fact, all those who want to remain spoiler-free should memorize the hotkeys to quit out of their browser or close windows/tabs.

WARNING: It appears that MGS4's Wikipedia page might have its cast section completely filled out. I saw one major spoiler character that I had already known about, but I thought I saw a few others there, too. I closed out of Safari immediately, so I'm not sure exactly who else I might've seen. Stay away from that page.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
tha_con said:
Hmm...we're currently running about about 640 posts per day in this thread.

So, in the next 4 days, we'll post about 2,560 times. We should be on track to pass that up, especially if convo ramps up right before release. I may be posting from my Ace, lol.

Nice, come on people Yes we can! In that thought just watched Bonus Round Part 3 for the MGS series. I can't fucking wait till Thursday.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Complain about the box art all you want, but at least you guys get a decent Konamistyle store where you can buy a lot of stuff. Check out the amazing range we have. :(

I don't mind the LE coming with the SE boxart but I wish they took out the logo on the SE boxart for the LE. It would've been cooler with just Snake's tired face.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Docpan said:
Great, just had the game ruined for me thanks to some tool on youtube. Fantastic.

Don't go into the Internet for the next few days is the lesson I take from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom