• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
I don't understand you guys and your fawning over whether or not the cover art is so brilliant.

I like the Standard edition's cover, fuck you to anyone who says it sucks.

Only a true fan would be picking up the LE for the documentary and bonuses :mad:

Costanza

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
What?

Explain.
GAFer made a Greasemonkey script for Firefox/Opera that turns like every Metal Gear term into La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo. It's pretty awesome.

Should be easy to find by searching Greasemonkey in this thread.

tha_con

Banned
GalacticAE said:
I don't mind the LE coming with the SE boxart but I wish they took out the logo on the SE boxart for the LE. It would've been cooler with just Snake's tired face.

If you've got a decent printer, I'm working on a cover right now. It's pretty much the SE without the text / logos.

Costanza said:
GAFer made a Greasemonkey script for Firefox/Opera that turns like every Metal Gear term into La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo. It's pretty awesome.

Should be easy to find by searching Greasemonkey in this thread.

In his big ass thread? What page do I even look at?!

tha_con said:
If you've got a decent printer, I'm working on a cover right now. It's pretty much the SE without the text / logos.

That would be sweet thanks. I do have some HQ paper and a good printer but no Photoshop skills or resources.

While impatiently waiting for the release, I decided to re-download the gameplay video from the PS store. It instantly flooded me with memories of the MGO beta. I can't wait.

For those who have played, do items and guns still drop from enemies like that or do they turn into boxes like they used to? Or maybe they don't drop anything b/c of the DP?

Costanza

Banned
Red Blaster said:
With the Greasmonkey script equipped, I ventured into the spoiler thread and got a glimpse at the full weapon list.

So good.
You're a brave man. I'm fucking terrified of clicking that thing even with the script on.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MoonsaultSlayer said:
While impatiently waiting for the release, I decided to re-download the gameplay video from the PS store. It instantly flooded me with memories of the MGO beta. I can't wait.

For those who have played, do items and guns still drop from enemies like that or do they turn into boxes like they used to? Or maybe they don't drop anything b/c of the DP?

They still drop like that.

careksims

I will never look into that spoiler thread! I been spoiled free so far and I saw I got some msg on PSN.... Hell no I ain't lookin' even if it's a normal msg!

Acid08

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Good lord, Harry Gregson Williams is going to personally come over to your house and beat you to death with your own copy of MGS4.
Fred Durst would come to my rescue. Then we could play MGO together and he'd sing over the mic to the Gaf crowd. You just wait.

h3ro

Acid08 said:
Fred Durst would come to my rescue. Then we could play MGO together and he'd sing over the mic to the Gaf crowd. You just wait.

ooooooh yeah partna... keep on rollin' babayy....

Acid08 said:
ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN WHAT? KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

I can't wait to hear that paying over MGS4's finale.
SnakeWTF.jpg

h3ro

Acid08 said:

I can't wait to hear that paying over MGS4's finale.

I used to do some stupid ish to Break Stuff back in highschool... :p

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Its settled then, Limpin' wit the Bizkit will be the GAF clan's MGO motto and our symbol will be a red Yankee fitted :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Acid08 said:

I can't wait to hear that playing over MGS4's finale.

okaying this made me laugh uncontrollably :lol

Snake...
NOOKIE
If you won't
YEAH
Be a prisoner to fate
YEAH
Go....
NOOKIE
Fulfill your
SHIT YEAH
Destiny
EAT SHIT AND DIE YEAHHH

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Is it likely I'd be able to pick up a PS3 bundle if I get to Best Buy at 10am on the 12th? I have a triple points coupon plus some gift cards so I want to get it there, but they're doing a midnight launch and I wonder if all of the consoles will get snagged then. And if so, does anyone know how soon restocking will take place?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
there's a list of midnight openings at bestbuy.com/mgs4

the sunday ad said that each store would have at least 4 consoles per store, so it may be slim. I will try wal-mart first (for $100 gift card), then best buy, then circuit city, etc.

Goddamit! I scrolled through some comments on YOUTUBE from a video with Eli Porter that another NEOGAF member posted in the YOUTUBE thread and there was a MASSIVE spoiler that I saw in the comments to that video!!

Goddamit.

Acid08

Banned
h3ro said:
I used to do some stupid ish to Break Stuff back in highschool... :p

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Its settled then, Limpin' wit the Bizkit will be the GAF clan's MGO motto and our symbol will be a red Yankee fitted :lol
:lol Amazing

ezekial45

Banned
Len Dontree said:
Is it likely I'd be able to pick up a PS3 bundle if I get to Best Buy at 10am on the 12th? I have a triple points coupon plus some gift cards so I want to get it there, but they're doing a midnight launch and I wonder if all of the consoles will get snagged then. And if so, does anyone know how soon restocking will take place?

If they're having a midnight release, then they'll be gone by the time they start letting people in. You could try finding a store that ISN'T having a midnight release and check by morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom