• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
ksamedi said:
Thats very long. Maybe too long even.

Sounds generally like the first playthrough of any MGS game. Re-playthroughs being cut down in Half (or even more) due to lack of cutscenes and already knowing the games layout.

Doc Evils

auw3z8.jpg

come to me my pretty.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hirokazu said:
It's called Countdown. Search for it in the Widgets section at Apple.com. It's actually a little buggy and could be better, but once you set it up, it gets the job done. There's also an unofficial MGS4 countdown widget there, but it was really shit, so I just used a generic one instead.
Thanks!

traveler

Not Wario
BlueTsunami said:
Sounds generally like the first playthrough of any MGS game. Re-playthroughs being cut down in Half (or even more) due to lack of cutscenes and already knowing the games layout.

What? The first three took 12 hours tops on all of my first playthroughs. (On Normal, that is. Maybe you guys started on higher difficulties?)

Frog

Looking at MG --> MG2 --> MGS --> MGS2 --> MGS3 --> MGS4

Interesting how Metal Gear games keep getting longer and longer, while the general trend in games has been moving in the opposite direction.

Doc Evils

Frog said:
Looking at MG --> MG2 --> MGS --> MGS2 --> MGS3 --> MGS4

Interesting how Metal Gear games keep getting longer and longer, while the general trend in games has been moving in the opposite direction.

That's why MGS puts 95% of general games to shame.

Oh btw, I've been meaning to say this.

But after completing MGS4, I think the definitive way of playing the whole series, is in order that they were released. It is sort of presented in that way in MGS4.
Hard to explain, but that's what I think.

dabookerman said:

But after completing MGS4, I think the definitive way of playing the whole series, is in order that they were released. It is sort of presented in that way in MGS4.

Interesting.

Yeah, that's the highly recommended play through from a good lot of MGS fans. I always recommend it like that long before even MGS4.

traveler

Not Wario
dabookerman said:

Is there a specific disadvantage to having played MGS3 before the others?

DunpealD

dabookerman said:

Man hearing you, it feels like you're having your fun torturing us. :(
Less than 3 days to go. Damn you traitors >:| don't you have the word solidarity in your vocabulary?

traveler said:
Is there a specific disadvantage to having played MGS3 before the others?
Not really, just, having MGS3 more fresh
in
the mind is an advantage.

DunpealD said:
Man hearing you, it feels like you're having your fun torturing us. :(
Less than 3 days to go. Damn you traitors >:| don't you have the word solidarity in your vocabulary?
I still got a blu ray disc to look forward to!

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
09/06/2008 10:04:47 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
09/06/2008 07:20:43 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.
Funds will not be debited until your order is shipped.
08/06/2008 14:43:02 Your order is waiting for authorisation and release for packing.
07/06/2008 20:05:17 Your order is currently held as a Preorder

I think my copy will arrive by Thursday, a day before the friday release.

This wait is horrible.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Peep this my OG gangstar hipsters.....

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1020.jpg

If anyone wants non-spoilery pics then I will open the guide and venture on in. It's still sealed. And the coupon from the pre-order Artbook worked of course.

Doc Evils

LiquidMetal14 said:

If anyone wants non-spoilery pics then I will open the guide and venture on in. It's still sealed. And the coupon from the pre-order Artbook worked of course.

I want this. :( Shame it's US only.

Gen-X

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1020.jpg

Don't do it I just got mine in today like right now and I flipped through a page randomly and the first thing I see is a char I forgot about!

Yasser

anyone know if uniqlo stores in the uk (specifically london) have mgs4 t-shirts? and damn you people who got the game early!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiquidMetal14 said:

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1020.jpg

What does the lithograph look like?

The lithograph ison the bottom right side of the back cover.

Also, Dabookerman's post gave my mind a few spoilerific possibilities that actually correspond to the trailers and one piece of artwork. :( I hope I wasn't spoiled.

LiquidMetal14 said:

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1020.jpg

Could you PM me pics of any bonus content and art work please. I ordered this aswell, and would love to see what i'm getting ;p

Thanks.

Costanza

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:

SANY1013.jpg

SANY1020.jpg

Fuck it's 29.99 in the store? Lame! 19.99 on the website and amazon.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ok the Litho is thick, nice quality paper. Unless I'm supposed to be looking at something else.

SANY1028.jpg

SANY1026.jpg

And I skimmed to the back where the exclusive art is. HOLY SHITE!! Totally bad ass. 1 sample.

SANY1029.jpg

Dabooker, lemme know if you want more pics of the art.

GalacticAE said:
The lithograph ison the bottom right side of the back cover.

Also, Dabookerman's post gave my mind a few spoilerific possibilities that actually correspond to the trailers and one piece of artwork. :( I hope I wasn't spoiled.

Well it really shouldn't
I mean, the way they made the games are so the most recent games are more often referred to. I don't see that as a spoiler ;x

dabookerman said:
Well it really shouldn't
I mean, the way they made the games are so the most recent games are more often referred to. I don't see that as a spoiler ;x

Oh. I figured the spoiler tag was an implication that the sentence was a spoiler. Like MGS3 was in someone's mind or something. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom