• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's this surprise I saw people briefly asking about and TTP hinting at? I checked back a few pages and didn't see anything regarding it (This thread is huge...).

Anyone care to enlighten me as to what caused this information to spread?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So what's this surprise I saw people briefly asking about and TTP hinting at? I checked back a few pages and didn't see anything regarding it (This thread is huge...).

Anyone care to enlighten me as to what caused this information to spread?

nothing just yet as far as I know.

brandonh83 said:
nothing just yet as far as I know.

..but exactly who said there would be a surprise? Konami or forum members? That's basically my question. Just want to know if Konami officially told us to look out for a surprise.

I hope I find out before release as I'm not the one picking it up, my girlfriend is (I'll be working). I'd like to know if there was something else for her to pick up haha.

Mattlikewhoa said:
As far as I know, there are no 12AM openings in the GTA (Sucks for me)...I think my local EB Games is going to open up a few hours early...

I got a call from my EB Games in Toronto and they are opening at midnight. I don't know if it is just for preorders. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be near that one this week.

EDIT: Yonge and Eglinton.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
..but exactly who said there would be a surprise? Konami or forum members? That's basically my question. Just want to know if Konami officially told us to look out for a surprise.

I hope I find out before release as I'm not the one picking it up, my girlfriend is (I'll be working). I'd like to know if there was something else for her to pick up haha.

believe Ryan Payton said it, but my knowledge may be sketchy considering that I cannot think straight at the moment.

DrBo42

Ryan did indeed say it. It was directed to Brian Ashcroft at Kotaku I believe. Does that person exist?

Edit: Beaten, and it's Ashcraft.

DrBo42

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Thanks, guys. Didn't know it was that old.

Wonder what it is...

I think Dabookerman made an interesting comment about the Extras menu requiring a password and a connection to a Konami server. I believe 100% that's the surprise.

Whoa^ sounds awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

You know, I really did want to make a pre-release theories and predictions post for all of us to contribute... but you people who got the game early ruined that =P.

TeTr1C

~Kinggi~ said:
I really want this game. Really bad. Really

QFT

So I traded in more games to GameStop and payed off my LE, and I had leftover money that I wouldn't ever use because I have Gamefly now, so I used the credit to buy the Limited Edition strategy guide. I don't EVER buy strategy guides, but if this game is as awesome and replayable as I've heard, it should be nice to have it. I WANNA OPEN IT AND LOOK THROUGH IT SO BAD. Only a thin layer of plastic wrap is stopping me.

DrBo42

Jason's Ultimatum said:
What's this secret about MGS4 again? Is it megaton or what?
Yeah, it's a megaton. The previous 3 games redone in the MGS4 engine are unlocked when you input a code given by Konami on launch day. :lol

Gametrailers has some gameplay footage up. I don't think it's terribly spoiling, it's mostly just combat oriented. But if you're wanting to go in completely blind, it does have the FROGS in it. So, use discretion.

I'm out for the night. Kind of tired of refreshing the thread as if I'd somehow end up refreshing 3 days from now....

I need to finish other games such as Ratchet and Clank and Heavenly sword (Warhawk kept me away all this time. Now MGS keeps me away from Warhawk...)

SamuraiX-

DrBo42 said:
I think Dabookerman made an interesting comment about the Extras menu requiring a password and a connection to a Konami server. I believe 100% that's the surprise.

That's my theory, but I wonder how exactly we'll be acquiring these passwords and such. :O

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MyEpitomeCliché said:
Gametrailers has some gameplay footage up. I don't think it's terribly spoiling, it's mostly just combat oriented. But if you're wanting to go in completely blind, it does have the FROGS in it. So, use discretion.
thanks for the heads up *checks it out*

Nizz

Fuuucckkk guys, I just went to Gamestop to trade in some stuff and got $35.00 store credit. But damned if they told me they weren't taking any more preorders for MGS 4. :( What are my chances of walking into a Circuit City or Target to pick this game up? Dammit, I didn't think preorders would have stopped already. It was more of a convenience for me to get it at Gamestop (plus only put up $30.00 more). So, you think chances are good to walk in and pick it up?

DoctorWho said:
I got a call from my EB Games in Toronto and they are opening at midnight. I don't know if it is just for preorders. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be near that one this week.

EDIT: Yonge and Eglinton.

Ah crap...I'm willing to make the drive to get it a bit early (I'd be coming from Mississauga)...My friend is the Manager at my local EB Games. I'm going to ask him again what he's planning to do for the launch. Last I heard, he was not doing a Midnight launch since no big box stores were doing it...

fps fanatic said:
Fuuucckkk guys, I just went to Gamestop to trade in some stuff and got $35.00 store credit. But damned if they told me they weren't taking any more preorders for MGS 4. :( What are my chances of walking into a Circuit City or Target to pick this game up? Dammit, I didn't think preorders would have stopped already. It was more of a convenience for me to get it at Gamestop (plus only put up $30.00 more). So, you think chances are good to walk in and pick it up?

"Stopped Already" - dude, its the 3 days before release - the game has been shipped from KojimaLand.

If you time it right, Im sure you can get a copy from a outlet that didnt take preorders -

Goodluck~!

DrBo42 said:
Yeah, it's a megaton. The previous 3 games redone in the MGS4 engine are unlocked when you input a code given by Konami on launch day. :lol
hahahaha did you take time away from playing the PS3 FF7 remake to post that?

Mattlikewhoa said:
Ah crap...I'm willing to make the drive to get it a bit early (I'd be coming from Mississauga)...My friend is the Manager at my local EB Games. I'm going to ask him again what he's planning to do for the launch. Last I heard, he was not doing a Midnight launch since no big box stores were doing it...

I saw signs at the HMV flagship store in Downtown Toronto. They are doing a midnight launch too.

Nizz

NarcissisticJay said:
"Stopped Already" - dude, its the 3 days before release - the game has been shipped from KojimaLand.

If you time it right, Im sure you can get a copy from a outlet that didnt take preorders -

Goodluck~!
Yeah, the one time I didn't preorder a game :( I guess I'll take my chances and try the big stores....

fps fanatic said:

In my experiences, big time releases have always been in abundant supply

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Volcynika said:
Anyone know when part 5 of the retrospective is going up?

Mromson said:
Btw, if anyone was wondering, the GT Metal Gear Retrospective Part 5 will go up on Tuesday while Part 6 will go up on Wednesday. The GT Review of MGS4 is on Thursday. :D
:D

tha_con said:
If it's related to MGO, I'm banking on a new map
shadow moses

I can dream, right?

That would make MGO go from one of the best online games ever to THE best online game ever. In one fell swoop.

Darkpen

Banned
brandonh83 said:
That would make MGO go from one of the best online games ever to THE best online game ever. In one fell swoop.
doubt it'll happen, and besides, one kind of map in
shadow moses
would actually be fun? Unless they use an entirely new layout.

newsguy said:
Yeah 24 hour walmarts are a good alternative.

Targets arent bad either but they dont get nearly as many copies.

Also, does this game come out on the 12 or just ship on the 12th? I hate going to stores here in PR and learn they dont get the game until the following afternoon.

Volcynika

Gamer @ Heart said:
Targets arent bad either but they dont get nearly as many copies.

Also, does this game come out on the 12 or just ship on the 12th? I hate going to stores here in PR and learn they dont get the game until the following afternoon.

Already in most stores! It'll be available the 12th :eek:

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I went looking around local stores to try to find a good place to pick up the bundle and my Circuit City and 24 hour Wal-Mart said they didn't know if they were getting the bundles. Would I be correct in assuming that means they aren't getting them? Man, it was torture seeing the bundles just sitting behind desks in the local Gamestops. I guess I'm heading to Target on Thursday, most number of bundles and it opens the earliest. Wish I could get it at midnight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom