• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtyle

I actually know more than a few people who are getting PS3 just for MGS4. One of which I helped order one from Amazon:)

Ephemeris

brandonh83 said:
I don't. People, including myself, are going to be posting like fucking crazy over the next 48 hours. It might not quite reach 10,000 but it'll be in the range.

Agreed.

raidenshades_1_504.jpg

Because of the metal gear hype I've been calling random people on their cellphones and telling them that "there are claymore mines in that area" in a muffled voice.

juvenile shit makes me laugh. I don't know why.

bigben85 said:
I actually know more than a few people who are getting PS3 just for MGS4. One of which I helped order one from Amazon:)

My friend is getting the MGS4 bundle on Thursday. I don't even think he cares that much for anything else on the PS3 at the moment :lol

Conrad: [fake spoiler]since you play as Sunny until the end of the game starting about 2 hours in, are there controls for her in the manual?[/fake spoiler]

Also, my girlfriend is gone for the weekend, so that means no labwork, no showering, frozen pizza, beer, and most importantly, no natural light. Bring it.

SabinFigaro said:
Also, my girlfriend is gone for the weekend, so that means no labwork, no showering, frozen pizza, beer, and most importantly, no natural light. Bring it.

I kept waiting for the obvious inclusion but it never happened =\

I'm from New Zealand, its currently 4:43pm on Tuesday 10th here. Its not supposed to be released here till Thursday officially either... but I was just in the right place at the right time and managed to score a copy for me and my brother. :D

Oh glory days, this makes up for always getting our Metal Gear Solid games fucking months later than everyone else!

So the score is:

NZ/me 1 : You guys 1023012412343125425423653642564564256425656

:(

:lol

Conrad Link said:
[IMGhttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/jonathan_nz/zomg.jpg[/IMG]

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!

:D
I hate you so much. So very, very much. The evils I wish upon you are unfathomable.

But come Thursday, we shall be brothers (or siblings, if ye not be a male), basking in the glory that is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Awesome. Awesome to the max.

zombi

Im so conflicted, midnight launch and only play for a few hours or wait till the next- wait wtf, of course midnight launch. I just wish there was someway I could convince gamestop to leak it to me......time to put all that stealth gameplay into practice.

FCMaxi

Conrad Link said:
I'm from New Zealand, its currently 4:43pm on Tuesday 10th here. Its not supposed to be released here till Thursday officially either... but I was just in the right place at the right time and managed to score a copy for me and my brother. :D

Oh glory days, this makes up for always getting our Metal Gear Solid games fucking months later than everyone else!

So the score is:

NZ/me 1 : You guys 1023012412343125425423653642564564256425656

:(

:lol

Damn you!! Enjoy the game :D

f@luS

More than a member.
dear god i hope this game is gonna sell enough . I really hope the 1m worldwide day one goal will be achieved.

and i really hope too, that i will be able to have it tomorrow coz tomorrow night i work the whole night and ill be fuckin tired on thursday but wont be able to sleep coz of mgs!

Bulla564

Banned
While I worry that I am hyping myself TOO MUCH for this game, I know that I will not be let down.

The game can be equal to the least impressive game of the series, and it will still blow my mind. Kojima is consistent IMO. Moreover, thanks to MGO Beta, I know for a fact that the gameplay is amazing.

The fact that I have avoided most spoilers up to now, simply increases the hype.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I was looking at the last pages of the official MGS4 guide and OMG the amount of secret stuff you can do/discover in amazing. I would have never figured out most of them alone. A lot of funny stuff too.

Digg has a potential spoiler image for MGS4 up on the frontpage. You can't really make out anyone new from thee thumbnail though. I wouldn't advise checking out the comments either.

I ,too, bought my PS3 for MGS4 but that was almost a year ago. Thankfully I didn't just let it sit there waiting. I found enough games to soothe the PS3's massive need for this game. Mine too.

Ploid 3.0

Jtrizzy said:
If anyone hasn't tried it yet, I highly recommend the Civilization: Revolution demo to pass the time.

Dude I loved that demo. Selling GTA4 to get it cheap. I would play the demo more but I get frustrated that it keeps cutting out at a certain time period. I have Age of the empire 2 on pc and loved that also. I looked at civilization before in magazines but didn't get it (the country map, small bubbles, it just looked odd vs age of empire in pictures). I also owned Populous on SNES.

SamuraiX-

TTP said:
I was looking at the last pages of the official MGS4 guide and OMG the amount of secret stuff you can do/discover in amazing. I would have never figured out most of them alone. A lot of funny stuff too.

ZOMG Hype Meter +239

Ryan really wasn't bullshitting about all the secrets and goodies, huh? :D

kuYuri

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I can't believe I will have an opportunity to meet Kojima in person and possibly shake hands with him, omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg. :D :D :D

Ephemeris

Strider2K99 said:
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I can't believe I will have an opportunity to meet Kojima in person and possibly shake hands with him, omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg. :D :D :D

I know right? :lol Hopefully we can take pictures.:D

SamuraiX-

Hey, guys. I have a question.

I was just playing MGS1 again and I'm confused about something. So apparently Liquid was a recessive clone and Snake had the superior genes. Then how exactly does Naomi's message of "not letting your genes control your fate" make any sense? Of course Snake was gonna defeat Liquid if he had the better genes and he was the better clone.

Just something that always bugged me. :(

Jtrizzy

Crayon said:
So is that what it's called?

Yep. Although bong hits are generally required. The key is to have the blinds down to minimalize sunlight, and you HAVE to be under a blanket, preferably a comforter. Since it is the summertime I would also recommend turning the AC way up, especially if you have a comforter.

Crayon

Jtrizzy said:
Yep. Although bong hits are generally required though.

I wasn't going to say anything but I don't drink so I had mentally replaced the "beer" part of the equation with bongloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom