• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
Wait, what's with the crotch grabbing? Did Jacko invade this thread?

Monkey_Steals_The_Peach.jpg

h3ro said:
Monkey Steals the Peach.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the tag for the MGO NeoGAF clan.

are we going to be in the same clans as we were during the beta? I was in the FROG unit, a very nice and lively bunch, so I was just wondering.

Jtrizzy

That Gametrailers video just reminds me of how much they've improved the gameplay with regard to the camera and gunplay (even though the person playing appears to suck ass).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ploid 3.0 said:
Oh wow, I looked at the new GT footage. This stuff is going to be awesome. I can't wait to play. None of it was spoiler, just gameplay stuff. No story cs.

:D

The AI is bad ass as well ;)

I'd avoid the MK.II one tho. It's not a major spoiler (and it's not related to the story) but it shows something happening during the Middle East area that you might want to experience first hand.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Quickly!! Must finish Snake's Revenge before MGS4 so I can figure out how it fits into the whole mythos!!

Just kidding. But.. Big Boss as a cyborg.. how cool is that?

TTP said:
:D

The AI is bad ass as well ;)

I'd avoid the MK.II one tho. It's not a major spoiler (and it's not related to the story) but it shows something happening during the Middle East area that you might want to experience first hand.

Hmm, I just watched the MK.II one and I didn't see anything that I find regrettable. Maybe because I'm still half-asleep.

Sallokin

brandonh83 said:
are we going to be in the same clans as we were during the beta? I was in the FROG unit, a very nice and lively bunch, so I was just wondering.

I would really hope we could go back to our same clans. I really enjoyed FOX UNIT.

Well, Xbox360, it's been fun.

But you're all boxed up and being sold to my friend. Bioshock was great, CoD4 let us bring a few more people in to the relationship, but I'm sorry. No no, shh shh shh, I know it's hard, I'll miss you too, but I explained to you what this was when we started. We always said there were no strings attached, so I can't take responsibility for you having feelings now. This is how it is. I'm sorry and I wish you luck.

(I am not starting console warz, just selling my 360 to offset my bundle purchase):D

Ploid 3.0

BlockBastard said:
Hmm, I just watched the MK.II one and I didn't see anything that I find regrettable. Maybe because I'm still half-asleep.

I didn't notice anything either. I mainly focused on the robot's antics. Such a cool looking robot. Now I gotta stop trying to remember what was going on now that I know it's kind of a spoiler. Why does the brain act like this, the jagged arrow it just wants to cause more harm.

Jtrizzy

i_am_not_jon_ames said:

But you're all boxed up and being sold to my friend. Bioshock was great, CoD4 let us bring a few more people in to the relationship, but I'm sorry. No no, shh shh shh, I know it's hard, I'll miss you too, but I explained to you what this was when we started. We always said there were no strings attached, so I can't take responsibility for you having feelings now. This is how it is. I'm sorry and I wish you luck.

(I am not starting console warz, just selling my 360 to offset my bundle purchase):D

:lol :lol At least you're letting her down easy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
i_am_not_jon_ames said:

Those beautiful bundles which my eyes gazed upon today and my hands gently touched...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ploid 3.0 said:
I didn't notice anything either. I mainly focused on the robot's antics. Such a cool looking robot. Now I gotta stop trying to remember what was going on now that I know it's kind of a spoiler. Why does the brain act like this, the jagged arrow it just wants to cause more harm.

Yeah. But there are people out there more sensible to the slightest "surprise" (like Marconelly lol hi there dude) so if you happen to be like that, don't watch it.

Jtrizzy said:
If anyone hasn't tried it yet, I highly recommend the Civilization: Revolution demo to pass the time.

I tried it but I am not a strategy gamer, I was so lost, I dont know how to play, so I deleted it. Not my thing but I respect those that like it.

I loved the Battlefield demo, that was pretty damn awesome.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
MiamiWesker said:
2 days from now I will be about 1 hour away from buying the game, bringing it home and having it installed. 2 more sleeps to go.
Lucky guy. I still have 3 more nights of sleep. :(

Jtrizzy

After watching all 3 videos, I've come to the conclusion that people complaining about the graphics in this game need to have their heads checked.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Jtrizzy said:
After watching all 3 videos, I've come to the conclusion that people complaining about the graphics in this game need to have their heads checked.
IGN posted a comparison video between the final build and the E3 2006 trailer. Needless to say everyone who said the graphics got worse are completely out of their mind.

Jtrizzy

MiamiWesker said:
I tried it but I am not a strategy gamer, I was so lost, I dont know how to play, so I deleted it. Not my thing but I respect those that like it.

I loved the Battlefield demo, that was pretty damn awesome.

Honestly, I had never touched a strategy game either. but am really hyped for that game now. I've put in quite a few hours with the demo. I thought the Battlefield demo was pretty good as well. I think people are blowing it's negatives (screen tearing) way out of proportion, just like they are with the graphical quality of this game.

Jtrizzy

Chamber said:
IGN posted a comparison video between the final build and the E3 2006 trailer. Needless to say everyone who said the graphics got worse are completely out of their mind.

Yeah, I watched that too. After about 30 seconds I closed it, thinking, "why am I even watching this?" The color palette looks so much better and cleaner in the final version imo.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $25.07
Shipping & Handling: $7.16
Super Saver Discount -$7.16
Pre-order Guarantee -$0.00
------
Total for this Order: $25.07

Shipping estimate for these items: June 16, 2008
1 "Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots -- Limited Edition Collector's Guide: Prima Official Game Guide"
Piggyback; Hardcover; $22.79

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

1 "UNIVERSAL BATTERY D5930/D5330 Super Heavy-Duty Batteries (AA 4-pk)"
Electronics; $1.29

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "Universal Power Group D5931/D5331 AAA-2PK Super Heavy Duty Battery"
Electronics; $0.99

figured by the time I get it, I will have finished the game and won't have to restrain myself opening it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Chamber said:

Well that is good news, personally I am in MGS black out except for this thread till the game is being played in my grubby hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom