• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, fuck the haters, I'm going to recommend Lair. It's had a price drop, and it now supports analog stick movement. I have not played the full game, only the demo, but I loved it and plan on buying it when I get paid.

ridiculously off topic but I just bought New speaker wires for this game (improve quality), but is it ok if ONLY the fronts and Centre channel are gonna be upgraded (12 gauge) and the backs will still have the 18 gauge??? I dont want to blow the thing up.

newsguy

Lion Heart said:
ridiculously off topic but I just bought New speaker wires for this game (improve quality), but is it ok if ONLY the fronts and Centre channel are gonna be upgraded (12 gauge) and the backs will still have the 18 gauge??? I dont want to blow the thing up.

It's fine.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
scoobs said:
PS3 just came in today, gotta figure out what games to buy other than MGS4.

Hard to pick amazing titles... but here are some you need to get:

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Motorstorm
Resistance
Virtua Fighter 5
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Ratchet & Clank
GT5:p
DMC4
GTAIV

Of course, I don't know if you've got a 360.

brandonh83 said:
Okay, fuck the haters, I'm going to recommend Lair. It's had a price drop, and it now supports analog stick movement. I have not played the full game, only the demo, but I loved it and plan on buying it when I get paid.
Yeah, its a decent pickup. Hell, I'll admit (quietly) to buying it day one and really liking it. I wish I had waited a bit till it was cheaper but it was still a fun game and now it IS cheaper. Don't default to one controller style, try the motion controls and see if you like them. I beat the game on hard with it so it's not bad, it just takes time.

BobTheFork said:
Yeah, its a decent pickup. Hell, I'll admit (quietly) to buying it day one and really liking it. I wish I had waited a bit till it was cheaper but it was still a fun game and now it IS cheaper. Don't default to one controller style, try the motion controls and see if you like them. I beat the game on hard with it so it's not bad, it just takes time.

I tried it with the motion controls and while I didn't hate it, I did prefer the analog setup.

DrBo42 said:
Would you guys like me to post some stuff from the LE guide? Nothing in the walkthrough section of course.

Personally I wouldn't mind but I don't know how that'd blow over with everyone else...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
DrBo42 said:
Would you guys like me to post some stuff from the LE guide? Nothing in the walkthrough section of course.

id like to know if you unlock special stuff after finishing the game on easy/normal/hard,

Or if you do normal if you unlock the stuff on easy and normal at the same time, just a yes or no is ok, so no one gets spoiled :p

That way i know if i can start on normal or play trough easy first for teh secretz.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Aeonin

I just came in to share some excitement for the release. Can't wait, I've been consistently salivating for some Snake (...sounds weird now...) since I saw the first previews.

I'll be heading over to Wally World (Wal-Mart) the night before, hopefully looking to get one at Midnight. Plus with that $100.00 gift card I can shut my girlfriend up about it and maybe buy us some groceries.

I just hope this buyer comes through for me, I have someone who is buying my PS2 (with a shit load of stuff) for $400.00. That'll take a load off, but the lady type still nags about it.

Anyways, I've stayed relatively spoiler free, though I think I linked the first big one here (concerning a character), effectively spoiling it for a couple people. Sorry guys. But overall, thanks GAF community for a wonderful official topic, and for sharing in what will be one of the most amazing experiences of the next-gen (...I've got a Wii...it's a little amazing).

Tiduz said:
id like to know if you unlock special stuff after finishing the game on easy/normal/hard,

Or if you do normal if you unlock the stuff on easy and normal at the same time, just a yes or no is ok, so no one gets spoiled :p

That way i know if i can start on normal or play trough easy first for teh secretz.
Of course I don't have it yet but I would be very surprised if unlockables carried over to other difficulty setting. You could get the infinite ammo item (assuming there is one) on easy then take it to hard with you. All the other MGS games have locked special items to that difficulty, I'm fairly sure it's the same.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Catalix said:
Haven't seen this posted yet. Awesome Middle East footage over on GameVideos. No story spoilers, but don't watch if you want game play scenarios to be a total surprise.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19347
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19345
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19349 <---My fav
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19351

Seems like the guy actually knows how to play too. Wish he'd take cover more, though.

Normally I would take cover more, but I was playing it on an easier difficulty level so I could get through and take plenty of footage.

Bulla564

Banned
Thanks guys, I'll watch the retrospectives now (I did watch the first one).

Man... is it time to finally go to bed and move on to Wednesday?

*checks watch*

FUCK it's only 5:20pm!!!!!

lybertyboy said:
Normally I would take cover more, but I was playing it on an easier difficulty level so I could get through and take plenty of footage.

:lol wonder if he knew the player in question would actually see his comment

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
lybertyboy said:
Oh ok, cool. Still, best gameplay footage I've seen so far. I'm beyond hyped now!

Catalix

brandonh83 said:
:lol wonder if he knew the player in question would actually see his comment
It's NeoGaf, dude. Everyone sees it :D

tass0

Banned
Two long days...

I can't believe I'm going to be playing this on a 22inch 8 year-old SDTV.

I brought shame to GAF :*(

Darkpen

Banned
Catalix said:
Haven't seen this posted yet. Awesome Middle East footage over on GameVideos. No story spoilers, but don't watch if you want game play scenarios to be a total surprise.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19347
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19345
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19349 <---My fav
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19351

Seems like the guy actually knows how to play too. Wish he'd take cover more, though.
well... you have to admit... whoever was playing on gamevideos is a shit load better than whoever played for the gametrailers videos :|

edit: rofl :lol :lol :lol, it was david ellis playing.

Yes, you are better than that gametrailers guy D: Easier difficulty setting or not, what matters is you weren't running around like a headless chicken :D

dabookerman said:
What happened in the KZ2 thread? I didn't see it.

It was a one-way ticket to madness....some say the thread grew to become a sentinent....

But yeah tomorrow should bring out the best in people...I want my mgs4 cats damnit

dabookerman said:
Jesus man, looking at you guys getting excited over little Middle East.. you guys are gonna explode later on :lol
You fucking cock-tease.
Activates Glower Power (TM)

Y2Kev said:
After I get my game, I'll post and then I'm gone until morning. :D
ARRR you too. You're going to be the first one on my list playing it and I'll have to look at you for the next two days. Even worse, I has no midnight launch. I'll be it up at ten, play until I work that night (have to close), then I work a double on Friday.

I just showed my mum the ending.

She completely ignored it :lol

And to think that your emotions will skyrocket once you complete the game and seeing the ending.

alr1ghtstart said:
will my PS3 explode if I marathon the whole game? :D
no sir, this is the ps3. No service rep will ever hassle you for 'using it too much' Feel free to become a 'dangers of marathon gaming' statistic : )

DrBo42

Here is the beginning of the guide. The whole thing is made with love and absolute quality, I definitely recommend a purchase.
Guide1.jpg

Guide2.jpg

Guide3.jpg

Guide4.jpg

guide-5.jpg

Guide-6.jpg

Guide-7.jpg

Guide-8.jpg

Guide-9.jpg

Guide10.jpg

Guide-11.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:

And to think that your emotions will skyrocket once you complete the game and seeing the ending.
she doesn't share the same level of empathy you have for the series, and unless she actually watched you play through the whole thing, I'm sure she doesn't care either.

Its the difference between handing the controller to the guy who's been watching the entirety of the MGS3 cutscenes with you
for when you have to press the Square button
, and him going "wtf, are you kidding me?" versus handing the controller to some guy that only briefly started to watch from when the chase scene with the
shagohod
started, and looking just a tiny bit surprised and with a smile of confusion on his face with what happens, but then returns to apathy.

Ephemeris

DrBo42 said:
Here is the beginning of the guide. The whole thing is made with love and absolute quality, I definitely recommend a purchase.

Guide2.jpg

I love this pic. cant wait till i get my book. I ordered it in May -__-

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Darkpen said:
well... you have to admit... whoever was playing on gamevideos is a shit load better than whoever played for the gametrailers videos :|

HA HA. I should hope so. BTW, the final round of the MGO match against KojiPro should be live in a few.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man screw you guys and getting it early.
lol Anyone who has read this thread should be obligated to give Bruce your early copy. I'd say he's earned it. Then send me a spare one for the hell of is will ya?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
dabookerman said:

Why did you think she would care about it if she hasn't seen the rest of the game? It would be an equivalent of showing someone just the ending of a movie, no?

Zeke

DrBo42 said:
Guide1.jpg

Guide2.jpg

Guide3.jpg

Guide4.jpg

guide-5.jpg

Guide-6.jpg

Guide-7.jpg

Guide-8.jpg

Guide-9.jpg

Guide10.jpg

Guide-11.jpg
oh god I hope I can find it friday after work >.< also picking up a DS3 after work which means I won't start playing until friday. I'm not gonna play MGS without rumble!

Mromson

Zeke said:
oh god I hope I can find it friday after work >.< also picking up a DS3 after work which means I won't start playing until friday. I'm not gonna play MGS without rumble!
Oh you poor delusional thing. Of course you're gonna play MGS4 without rumble (if only for a day). That thing is gonna sit on your desk tempting you, further and further... Until you can't resist it any longer! Bwahahahahaha! :lol

Zeke

GalacticAE said:
I'll have to do without rumble since I can't afford a DS3. :(
I'm trading in one of sixaxis controls I thought about trading both in but I'm going to keep one for the mean time, just in case I need to swap it out because of a low batt.
Mromson said:
Oh you poor delusional thing. Of course you're gonna play MGS4 without rumble (if only for a day). That thing is gonna sit on your desk tempting you, further and further... Until you can't resist it any longer! Bwahahahahaha! :lol
i know, maybe i'll just do the install and quit >_>

Lakitu

st5fu
McBacon said:
10/06/2008 11:36:31 Your order is currently being picked and packed.

I only placed my order on Monday though, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Damn hype, I don't even like Metal Gear! But I'll try my best... for GAF.

Hmmm from the looks of it, you'll probably get it day 1 or on Friday. Better late than never!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom