• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
TTP said:
1) Take your time. Investigate and experiment. DO NOT RUSH. This is a game about freedom, which is a double edge sword you know.

2) Take a look at the in game manual that teaches all the controls. Otherwise you'll be clueless about how to pull off 50% of Old Snake coolest moves (CQC, death faking and so on).

3) Once you have finished the game once, play it again for more experimentations, looking for secrets and stuff (which actually do add to the experience, so u'd miss out if u dont). Game has an *impressive* amount of *meaningful* bonus content.

4) Play again on harder difficulty levels. The harder the challenge the funnier the experience. No frustration. Just more FUN.

5) Go for the various "emblems" as they force u to play in new ways. Some of them grant you other meaningful bonuses.

Just saying...

Nice tips, for some reason in the past MGS games even though I sneaked through everyone I came back before leaving the room to kill them!

SamuraiX-

drknite said:
True for all, unfortunately.

That's somewhat comforting, believe it or not.

Although it's not like a huge crisis, I don't see how much extra profit Sony could lose for actually include a cable. The only problem I can see is if a friend comes over and we want to play co-op or versus or something and both of my controllers aren't fully charged, we have to sit and wait for both of them to charge before play. And since only one controller can charge at once, that makes the wait all the more longer.

How much is to purchase one of those charging cables individually?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cirekiller said:
I had the OK to take home a copy of MGS4 today cause I work retail from my manager yesterday. But when I got in my store in the morning my manager got fired and was replaced with a new guy while I was working. Now I got to get it at midnight with everyone else. 8*(
At least it will be signed by Kojima.:D
hv1o94.gif

They're just normal USB cables with one end smaller than the other. You can get one for pretty cheap at Radio Shack. They usually come with electronics like camcorders etc.

Nooreo said:
you know this is the first time ever where i have waited for something for atleast a year. woow

Waiting for Square-Enix and Blizzard games for all these years has trained me for these long ass waits.

SamuraiX- said:
That's somewhat comforting, believe it or not.

Although it's not like a huge crisis, I don't see how much extra profit Sony could lose for actually include a cable. The only problem I can see is if a friend comes over and we want to play co-op or versus or something and both of my controllers aren't fully charged, we have to sit and wait for both of them to charge before play. And since only one controller can charge at once, that makes the wait all the more longer.

How much is to purchase one of those charging cables individually?

Go to any computer hardware shop, USB cables (longer ones, too) are ridiculous cheap. You can always use spare ones that are design for USB card readers/digital cameras/etc.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Well they do give you a charging cable with your ps3 hence why they don't give you one with your controller BUT those cables are everywhere and they go for like $5 or so.

traveler

Not Wario
g35twinturbo said:
Well they do give you a charging cable with your ps3 hence why they don't give you one with your controller BUT those cables are everywhere and they go for like $5 or so.

Phew, I was afraid for a sec- I take it I'm covered if I get the bundle then?

dabookerman said:
Jesus man, looking at you guys getting excited over little Middle East.. you guys are gonna explode later on :lol

Delicious hype! Dabooker thanks for being awesome in this thread, its been great reading your impressions. Cant wait for your reaction to our reactions.

TTP said:
Oh btw. How did this match happen? Aren't MGO servers region locked? How could you play against KP in Japan?

That was us in the neogaf clan during the beta versus KP. They have all four rounds on gamevideos. It was a very even match, great stuff.

So when will you guys start to play MGO. After your first playthrough of the game, after the second. Or will you play almost immediately during your first playthrough.

I will go on to make sure my name and clan are set the same way as in the beta, but other than that I probably won't touch MGO until after I beat the game once. Then I will play it as I play the game multiple times.

No_Style

ZeroTolerance said:
I just saw games shout out for PS3 and 360 on BET. For PS3 they had MGS4 and for X360 they had the HULK.

No NG2?!

Just finished watching the Retrospective on Ac!d etc.. I've never played Ac!d or Ghost Babel.

Darkpen

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
So when will you guys start to play MGO. After your first playthrough of the game, after the second. Or will you play almost immediately during your first playthrough.

I will go on to make sure my name and clan are set the same way as in the beta, but other than that I probably won't touch MGO until after I beat the game once. Then I will play it as I play the game multiple times.
Same. I'm gonna boot up MGO first, check to see if my stuff is still the same or whatever, maybe check a map out or two (MAYBE), and then go play MGS4 :p

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
MiamiWesker said:

Definitely MGO first, hopefully i'll find other crazies like me :D

WinFonda

Playing the online component before the single player component is a cardinal sin to me. This is especially heinous for a game like MGS4. I must bask in all the single player glory before moving onto multiplay.

Darkpen

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
Someone will undoubtibly spoil the game for you if you do.
while I won't be getting MGS4 at the midnight launch, I will be getting it the very moment gamestop opens on the west coast (which is like... 10am or something), and I'm gonna be heading straight home. I'll make a NeoGAF room in Otacon or something, rofl.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling spoilers are going to be RAMPANT in MGO, so I'm not going to touch it until I finish the campaign (yes I called it the campaign, wow).

Dave1988

Actually, the first thing I'll do after after getting MGS4 is booting up MGO to play a round or...twenty -___- It's so addicting.

Hixx

Damn, I'd completely ignored MGO until now (I had the beta but the updating process frustrated the hell out of me) but after watching that GAF. v Kojipro video it looked so bloody ace. That has made the next, umm... 10 hours (so close, yet so far :lol ) so much worse. I should really just go to sleep.

I'm not sure how to phrase this properly, but is MGO more CoD4 or Gears of War in relation to weapon damage? i.e; do the weapons feel appropriately powerful (CoD) or can players take a lot of punishment (Gears)?

HixxSAFC said:
Damn, I'd completely ignored MGO until now (I had the beta but the updating process frustrated the hell out of me) but after watching that GAF. v Kojipro video it looked so bloody ace. That has made the next, umm... 10 hours (so close, yet so far :lol ) so much worse. I should really just go to sleep.

I'm not sure how to phrase this properly, but is MGO more CoD4 or Gears of War in relation to weapon damage? i.e; do the weapons feel appropriately powerful (CoD) or can players take a lot of punishment (Gears)?

People can take a LOT of damage if you don't aim for the head. Quite possibly the biggest complaint of people that are new to MGO is that they don't feel like they know when they hit people.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
HixxSAFC said:

It's somewhere inbetween, you can take a fair number of shots to the body, sometimes enough to swing around and score a 1 shot headshot kill. It's much more CoD than Gears though.

Just got an email from Amazon.com saying they have shipped my 80gb PS3 and since I paid the extra $4 for shipping, the expected delivery date is TOMORROW!!! I think I'm going to lie down........

scoobs

Seiken said:
Hard to pick amazing titles... but here are some you need to get:

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Motorstorm
Resistance
Virtua Fighter 5
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Ratchet & Clank
GT5:p
DMC4
GTAIV

Of course, I don't know if you've got a 360.

Okay thanks, I can only get a few titles as of now and yes I have a 360. I was thinking exclusive ps3 titles. Think I'm gonna start off with MGS4, uncharted, motorstorm and resistance.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Gamestop just called me with the pre-record saying it would be available tomorrow at midnight with lines starting at 10PM.

Ohh good, they're sending out the calls.

Right that's enough of MGS4 for tonight. I was actually looking at those videos on MGA2 using the solid eye. Nothing like watching videos of girls in 3D.

But yeah, today is discount day! 20% off weapons. This game is totally the new Animal Crossing.

Darkpen

Banned
HixxSAFC said:

Its like this:

In a normal shooter, filling someone with bullets = fast kills, like in CoD4, its the reason why the double tap (or guns like the P90) or so damn deadly for body kills.

In MGO, spamming into the body doesn't always equal a kill, which is the reason why people tend to go for headshots. In MGO, headshots rule all. Personally, I find that the only time lock-on is good is when you're in a firefight and both of you ran out of ammo on your automatic, so instead of trying to reload, you switch to pistol, and press square to turn on auto-aim. Its basically an instant kill while your opponent is fiddling with the reload.

Its really a different game, both in terms of shooting and bullet detection, as well as general gameplay style.

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:
Right that's enough of MGS4 for tonight. I was actually looking at those videos on MGA2 using the solid eye. Nothing like watching videos of girls in 3D.

But yeah, today is discount day! 20% off weapons. This game is totally the new Animal Crossing.
:lol :lol

darkressurection said:
OT but, the end of MGS 3 with "Way to Fall" playing chokes me up big time.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QN0ZRia8GMI

I really like their songs, especially "Alcoholic" and "Poor Misguided Fool" D:

Code:
Track & Trace
Parcel tracking details

Progress of the parcel you've enquired about is displayed below.
Parcel number: 	

Parcel tracks

Date 	Time 	Location 	Tracking Event
10-06-2008 	23:34 	London Central Depot 	Arrived at delivery depot
10-06-2008 	19:10 	National Hub 	Sorted in hub

Holy shit.. Am I gonna get the Euro LE tomorrow o_o??

Hixx

Darkpen said:
In MGO, spamming into the body doesn't always equal a kill, which is the reason why people tend to go for headshots.

Nice. Sounds like I'll be playing this one for a while for once, I normally get bored of pretty much all multiplayer very quickly. Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom