• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkressurection said:
Such an awesome song. Just like every other MGS ending song.
My gf heard me listening to Calling to the Night over the phone, and she thought I was listening to some soppy Celine Dion love song lol.

Btw, if this LE does infact come tomorrow, expect pics first thing. I'm guessing you guys wanna see how the figure looks.

scoobs said:
Okay thanks, I can only get a few titles as of now and yes I have a 360. I was thinking exclusive ps3 titles. Think I'm gonna start off with MGS4, uncharted, motorstorm and resistance.

Man you get to play MGS4 and Uncharted back to back. EPIC WIN! Motorstorm is cheap nowadays, it's $20 used at Gamestop so it's worth picking up even though the 2nd one is on the way.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
scoobs said:
Okay thanks, I can only get a few titles as of now and yes I have a 360. I was thinking exclusive ps3 titles. Think I'm gonna start off with MGS4, uncharted, motorstorm and resistance.

Uncharted,MGS4,Ratchet/Clank is a MUST, my honest opinion is to pass on Motorstorm.

OT:

My only gripe about MGO was how easy it was to get headshots, or should I say headshotted :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Yep, still I would hate to be the person at GS ensuring customers who pre-ordered at non-midnight store don't get the midnight recording and only the normal one lol.

Those stores just didn't try hard enough ^_^

Kagari said:
LOL or they are in Newark :lol

Strange that the Wynnewood store in PA didn't get a midnight opening. It's on the main line in PA and is a huge money generator (I worked there when I was getting my masters degree at Villanova).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LOL or they are in Newark :lol

Strange that the Wynnewood store in PA didn't get a midnight opening. It's on the main line in PA and is a huge money generator (I worked there when I was getting my masters degree at Villanova).

They must not know how to push good games then ^_^

dabookerman said:
My gf heard me listening to Calling to the Night over the phone, and she thought I was listening to some soppy Celine Dion love song lol.

Btw, if this LE does infact come tomorrow, expect pics first thing. I'm guessing you guys wanna see how the figure looks.
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I am probably going to listen to every ending song in order on my way to Gamestop to pick up my preorder.

Hmmm. I think this thread should be looked after tomorrow, as I think if there are any nuke users who will want to post spoilers, they will want to do it the day before perhaps. Who knows.

Kagari said:
They must not know how to push good games then ^_^

Well that and Newark is just so damn ghetto as hell. I chose to not walk a block, and buy it in NYC instead.*

I live in Newark (in the safe area in the business district) because I go to Seton Hall Law and my fiancee can safely commute to NYC (where she works as a Asst Editor) and I walk only a block. Sorry for the rant, its just embarrassing to say I live in Newark, its like saying I make meth in my basement :lol

Undeux

Ugh, I've done so well with my media blackout, but after looking at the latest gametrailers videos I'm not sure how I'll keep myself away from everything for the next week.

SamuraiX-

dabookerman said:
Hmmm. I think this thread should be looked after tomorrow, as I think if there are any nuke users who will want to post spoilers, they will want to do it the day before perhaps. Who knows.

I can imagine. Maybe they are making the final preparations for their attack right now. <_<

"The private trolling corporations have amassed an immense army and are planning to unleash an insurrection of spoiler material upon the NeoGAF Official MGS4 Thread. The unspoiled virgins had better sleep soundly while they still can."

Well if i see anything I will make a thread in caps with a warning that the thread has been breached. Would suck to be spoiled. After the weekend though, I'm sure most people will of completed it.

No one should be online tomorrow if they don't want to get spoiled. I will be preparing my mind and environment for maximum Solid Snake intake (yes homo). I'll probably try my best to sleep in all day tomorrow.

It would suck to get spoiled and lose your Big Boss rank so close to release.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FUUUUUUUUCK! I'm ready for some SNAKE EA... oh wait.

It was fun though! :)

ZCXlcqDgX.jpg

Man, thinking about more ways to describe this game (since it hurts me physically when I saw bad things about it to try to lower the excitement -_-)
I can say this.

Remember in National Treasure 2, when the President asks Cage to look at page 47 of the Book of Secrets. And when Cage says at the end, that what he saw, was Life Altering.

He saw MGS4 in all it's form.

No other explanation.

Darkpen

Banned
scoobs said:
Titles to get:
Resistance, Uncharted, Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank Future, Unreal Tournament 3 (who can say no to mods?), and.... that's it, as far as worthwhile exclusives are.

I really don't understand why they didn't incorporate a 4-player splitscreen multiplayer mode for the first Motorstorm. It baffles the mind. I mean, the game's fun (in my opinion), but jeez, talk about anti-phil harrison philosophy.

Also, you should really check out the PSN titles, including Pixeljunk Monsters, Super Star Dust HD, Everyday Shooter, and a whole bunch of PSN Eyetoy games (if you get an eyetoy, anyways).

Kagari said:
I can't believe neither store in Oakland is doing a midnight launch >_< EARGH!!!

dabookerman said:
Man, thinking about more ways to describe this game (since it hurts me physically when I saw bad things about it to try to lower the excitement -_-)
I can say this.

Remember in National Treasure 2, when the President asks Cage to look at page 47 of the Book of Secrets. And when Cage says at the end, that what he saw, was Life Altering.

He saw MGS4 in all it's form.

No other explanation.
:(

bookerman, please stop. I beg of you. Just stop.

KZObsessed

dabookerman said:

YES! Lots of pics please.

dabookerman said:

Man, I love that song, it's so bittersweet and sad though. Then again MGS end songs are beautiful like that.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 said:
Actually, the first thing I'll do after after getting MGS4 is booting up MGO to play a round or...twenty -___- It's so addicting.
thats exactly what i want to do but do you think ill get spoiled if i spend a half an hour on there?

edit: ill just mute everyone : \

Nizz

BobTheFork said:
You fucking cock-tease.
Activates Glower Power (TM)

ARRR you too. You're going to be the first one on my list playing it and I'll have to look at you for the next two days. Even worse, I has no midnight launch. I'll be it up at ten, play until I work that night (have to close), then I work a double on Friday.
You work retail? Damn, 2 more days till the game comes out here :( I'll have to check 2 stores on my way home to try to pick it up (Target or Circuit City). Hope I can cop a copy...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
"Ashley" just called me. 10PM. I'm there...

Ok, more like 11:55PM :p

Nizz

Well that and Newark is just so damn ghetto as hell. I chose to not walk a block, and buy it in NYC instead.*

I live in Newark (in the safe area in the business district) because I go to Seton Hall Law and my fiancee can safely commute to NYC (where she works as a Asst Editor) and I walk only a block. Sorry for the rant, its just embarrassing to say I live in Newark, its like saying I make meth in my basement :lol
Hey, don't say that about Brick City :D Damn I miss Jersey :( Just not the same in Florida. And let me not start about trying to find New York style pizza down here...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, my store got our shipment of guides, LEs bundles, headsets and normal editions today. The LE box is damned nice.

Precious...my precious...

Ephemeris

dabookerman said:

mgs4_figure.jpg

I really do want this. Bah. Should have came with the US version. Then again, the PAL region usually gets screwed over so I guess it's karma or something :lol

From the GS interview

"With MGS4 we packed in every sweat that we sweated..."

Kojima sweat packed with every MGS4 game confirmed!! :lol

Its a good interview, talks about how he hopes his team will take over the MG franchise, he says he will still produce. About multiplatform, he will think about it but he feels there are some things he did with the game that could only be done with the PS3.

Darkpen

Banned
hey kagari, I read that stores will be doing a 20% trade in credit towards the purchase of MGS4, and 10% off the guide if you purchase with the game, is that correct? D:

Also, can you use the edge card on the guide?
untoldhero said:
Who's the blonde supposed to be :lol
samusfisheye.jpg

Queshchun tiem!

Could people who played the game, and the ones with game guide tell me whether CQC moves have their own animations (for example when you do the disarming move it's an actual animation of taking the gun)? And how many CQC moves are there?

I was disappointed in MGO when I found out that the disarming move is just a regular hold up with the item falling out of the body.

Darkpen

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
Queshchun tiem!

Could people who played the game, and the ones with game guide tell me whether CQC moves have their own animations (for example when you do the disarming move it's an actual animation of taking the gun)? And how many CQC moves are there?

I was disappointed in MGO when I found out that the disarming move is just a regular hold up with the item falling out of the body.
there are several ways to disarm through CQC. holding someone up is not CQC, but you can disarm them by patting them down, when they're either standing, or laying on their stomach.

Elbrain said:
This gif is made out of 100% certified win!
its from the smash bros thread.

Ephemeris said:
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/mgs4_figure.jpg

I really do want this. Bah. Should have came with the US version. Then again, the PAL region usually gets screwed over so I guess it's karma or something :lol
Dunno wether to open it when I get it or just keep it in the box! Decisions decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom