• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
how late do gamestops stay open for midnight launches? I'm going to show up after 12 to avoid the spoil tards.

fps fanatic said:
Hey, don't say that about Brick City :D Damn I miss Jersey :( Just not the same in Florida. And let me not start about trying to find New York style pizza down here...

I'll say it. Fuck Newark :lol. NYC is awesome don't get me wrong, but man Newark is ass.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
alr1ghtstart said:
how late do gamestops stay open for midnight launches? I'm going to show up after 12 to avoid the spoil tards.

Wouldn't know but my guess would be 1hr maybe 2 at most.

Dante

alr1ghtstart said:

Just bring an ipod, and avoid peoples lips for fear of accidental lip reading :)

Darkpen said:
there are several ways to disarm through CQC. holding someone up is not CQC, but you can disarm them by patting them down, when they're either standing, or laying on their stomach.
No, I mean, when you get CQC lvl 3 you get the disarming move, you perform it by pressing R1 again while grabbing. It didn't have a disarming animation however, the item just jumped out of the enemy.

Looking at those guide images there's a list of CQC controls and what seems to be a site showing different CQC moves/animations.

alr1ghtstart said:

Gamestop stays open till the line clears so, depends really how many people are on line. I'd say show up at 12:30.

Also to the poster above, no the edge card des not stack with the guide. Though make sure you get the free art book when you pick up MGS4 it has a $5 coupon for the LE guide.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
So is the server acting up for Neogaf or what? I just see a bunch of broken links and such where logos and other things should go.

Darkpen

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
No, I mean, when you get CQC lvl 3 you get the disarming move, you perform it by pressing R1 again while grabbing. It didn't have a disarming animation however, the item just jumped out of the enemy.

Looking at those guide images there's a list of CQC controls and what seems to be a site showing different CQC moves/animations.
oh.... really? D:

well damn.

I managed to get CQC 3, but I never pulled it off on anyone.

Ynos Yrros said:

Where's the site at? I'd like to look at it.

burgerdog

I was really worried about hearing spoilers at the midnight even, but my store isn't even having a midnight opening ;( I'll just have to go pick it up first thing in the morning! jlaghaaaaah ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh we're almost there.

Wakim

EB Games is killing me. I preordered the LE Guide when I pre-ordered the game and it showed up last week. It's killing me. I want to read everything that comes before the walkthrough, but I'm afraid of spoilers being there.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have to warn everyone to really double check when clicking on this thread. The stupid spoiler thread looks too much like it somehow. I actually entered it several times by accident already, and this last time I got to even read a spoiler of a pretty large magnitude before I realized what I'm reading :\

Ephemeris

Elbrain said:
So is the server acting up for Neogaf or what? I just see a bunch of broken links and such where logos and other things should go.

I made an inquiry.

Sorry about that. Had to reboot Arsenal :/ GW was acting up again. Trust me when I say, it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri rock. Believe.

Anyways, sorry for the inconvenience.

- Love, The La-li-lu-le-lo.

Wakim said:
EB Games is killing me. I preordered the LE Guide when I pre-ordered the game and it showed up last week. It's killing me. I want to read everything that comes before the walkthrough, but I'm afraid of spoilers being there.

Yeah, from what I've gathered, there's info about characters you may not have expected based on posts that I have read.

Gen-X

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Yeah, from what I've gathered, there's info about characters you may not have expected based on posts that I have read.
Trust me it's true I got this and WOW the spoilers in there especially in the Bios for all the chars ugh I spoiled some of it myself I guess.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
kairu said:
I want the MGS4 painty looking font. Anyone know if thats available anywhere?

i don't think it's actually a font. Some characters are different every time (look at the 2 uppercase Ps)

2db87wn.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
So what's the deal with that art book if you preordered the LE at gamestop.com. I did months ago and the status says its backordered and i dont see them offering it on the purchase page. Please someone tell me ill be getting this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MiamiWesker said:
That was us in the neogaf clan during the beta versus KP. They have all four rounds on gamevideos. It was a very even match, great stuff.

I know. Now read my post again and actually answer it :p

WOW! Such bullshit right here.

I just called another GS about the LE guide and they said they have 2 left. So I called my brother who lives in the same town as this GS and asked if he'd pick them up (one for me, one for him). They closed at 9... it was 8:50. He rushed there and showed up at 8:58, doors were locked. The guy in the store turned and looked at him and shoo his head, He just fucking called and said he'd be there. Why couldn't this guy just fucking hook him up? That motherfucker.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lion Heart said:
I've read every word in this thread.
Same here, it's pretty pathetic :(

MoonsaultSlayer said:
WOW! Such bullshit right here.

I just called another GS about the LE guide and they said they have 2 left. So I called my brother who lives in the same town as this GS and asked if he'd pick them up (one for me, one for him). They closed at 9... it was 8:50. He rushed there and showed up at 8:58, doors were locked. The guy in the store turned and looked at him and shoo his head, He just fucking called and said he'd be there. Why couldn't this guy just fucking hook him up? That motherfucker.

Might have been 8:58 by your brother's time but it could have been 9:00 on the stores clock. When I was in retail, if nobody was in the store I would shutdown that motherfucker like lightning.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
EVERYONE WE NEED MORE PICTURES OF SPIDERZ

edit: please don't actually post pics of spiderz, I'm very afraidz of them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheRagnCajun said:
2 more days until I'll be playing, GAF! This wait is unreal
2 days... as in 48 hours :eek:? That's actually loads >_>

Where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom