• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ello

disappeared said:
Fellow dedicated Metal Gear fans, I post this to tell you somewhat of sad tale, yet it is one that also contains a silver lining. On Thursday, I will unfortunately not be joining you to play MGS4. You see, I am near broke, with only $65 in my wallet for the next two weeks. Of course, hypothetically, this would be enough for me to purchase the game, but last week I met a girl. She is incredible, and this coming weekend we'll be going on our first date (for her birthday), so that's where my money will be going. For the first time, I now have to sacrifice gaming for something far more important. I won't be able to Sneak Out for at least two more weeks - when my next paycheck rolls in.

So I salute you fellow GAFers and wish you all the best of luck on June 12th. May you enjoy the game to its fullest. And please, if you could, enjoy it for me a little bit too.

:sadface:

Tell her you have to buy MGS4, she'll understand.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just bought it , available everywhere in PARIS (on the shelves)

f_3m_835f85b.jpg

f_2m_d626233.jpg

f_1m_9dbaaee.jpg

randomwab

Ugh. Why does Northern Ireland never break street dates. Not once have I ever saw a store break a street date on a game. Ugh. I want Metal Gear.

tass0

Banned
11/06/2008 11:10:13 Your order has been dispatched.

Hopefully my copy comes in tommorow... wait is difficult.. zZz...Zzz....zZzzzz......

Eh, I might aswell clean my room in preperation for ultimate game!

Mromson

Steroyd said:
Play.com :bow :bow :bow

They sent it off for delivery yesterday and i got it TODAY!!!!

play.com I am not worthy of your awesome.
ffs, I spent all day from 9am till almost 1pm searching for a store that would screw the street date... With no luck :( :( :(

hirokazu

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just pre-ordered mine a few hours ago.

The JB I'm picking it up from only had 5 pre-orders (small suburban store).

Paying only $76AU, I'm pretty happy with that. The JB Hifi trade in 2 games deal is pretty good. I paid a total of $76 for 2 semi-recent games and got MGS4 for free WOO HOO!!

Already organised the next 2 days off to play it. 4 day weekend yeah baby!
Teach me this trick :0 What games did you buy and where?

Ok I have really been out of the loop lately. I used to be a total forum hound and know everything that I need to know, but obviously a lot of things are passing under my radar these days... I just found out that the LE guide is awesome and I need to have it.

Can you guys please list any and all "must have" official MGS4 merchandise that's out this week? I don't want to miss out on something and kick myself later for not knowing about it.

So far I'm getting:

MGS4 LE game
MGS4 PS3 bundle
MGS4 LE guide

Any other official goodies that I should know about? All regions apply. Thanks!

Naked Snake said:
Ok I have really been out of the loop lately. I used to be a total forum hound and know everything that I need to know, but obviously a lot of things are passing under my radar these days... I just found out that the LE guide is awesome and I need to have it.

Can you guys please list any and all "must have" official MGS4 merchandise that's out this week? I don't want to miss out on something and kick myself later for not knowing about it.

So far I'm getting:

MGS4 LE game
MGS4 PS3 bundle
MGS4 LE guide

Any other official goodies that I should know about? All regions apply. Thanks!

MGS4 Bluetooth Headset
MGS4 Japanese Soundtrack

MGS4 Uniqlo T-Shirts (4 designs in 4 different colours)
MGS4 Official T-Shirts at Hot Topic (2 Designs)

Mets39

f@luS said:
Just bought it , available everywhere in PARIS (on the shelves)

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/6/11/f_3m_835f85b.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/4/6/11/f_2m_d626233.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/4/6/11/f_1m_9dbaaee.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Damn, i go to Paris tomorrow to get the LE! Hope i can have it

Omikaru

I was watching from my bedroom window and I saw a red vehicle pulling into my estate...

At first I thought it was the Royal Mail van but then it pulled into my view from the bushes and it was someone's shitty little red car! :(

Goddamnit post man! Get your arse into gear! I can almost taste my Metal Gear...

ZeroTolerance

SolidSnakex said:
To piss all of us off since we don't have a single copy of the game. :(

That's really cold of him. I am in the same boat as the guy who has to decide between a girl and the game. I have about $57 left for this month and unless a miracle happens, I would be MGS-less for a while...:(

Ciel

So I work in retail and got this game earlier today. We close really late so I didn't get a chance to play it until around midnight, but I went to sleep right when I got home, so I've been messing around with it for an hour or so. Here's really, really early impressions, with poor formatting because I just want to get back to playing this damn game.

SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!
SPOILERS!

First of all, I know I have to play through some more to understand, but the opening sequences, while FUCKING AWESOME, have made no sense so far [Tentacle skull????]. It's obvious Kojima got the go-ahead to pretty much do whatever the hell he wanted with this game. And that's always a good thing.

Cutscenes: they didn't seem that long. Maybe because I've been anticipating this game for ages and now that I've finally got it in my grubby lil' paws I'm savoring it.

Gameplay/Controls: Controls seemed pretty similar to previous installments so far. I thought that Kojima had tried to simplify them, but it's as complex as ever. The addition of a FPS view for guns is a godsend though. Octocamo is simple, and apparently new ones will be available to download later a la Snake Eater. Seems there's an even bigger emphasis on stealth...I got lit up when I tried to run and gun. Luckily sneaking around is the easiest I ever remember in an MGS game.

Graphics: the detail and care taken into everything is pretty good. Not as jaw dropping as I was expecting, but there's lots of little details and you can tell a lot of attention was given to unique set-pieces. The faces are pretty damn amazing too. I think it's sub 60fps though, which was a very very slight disappointment.

Biggest disappointment: Why the fuck can't I listen to my own songs on the Snakes iPod??!!! Hopefully there will be a patch for this.

Gotta get back to playing. If anybody else already has this, add me on PSN for some MGO!! And feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

PSN: Seer

hirokazu

gconsole said:
Asian version out in thailand
DSC00702.jpg

Ooooh, Asian version has cool disc art? Nice!

EDIT: And the inside of the slip isn't just white! (Though it's just black :p)

EDIT: And Play-Asia has dispatched my Asian LE! Fucking sweet, no need to get the Australian version after all!

Cronen

OH SNAP!

I have it! Play.com posted it yesterday and I have it....I fucking have it! I've never see them do 1 day delivery! I'm actually jumping up and down!

My guide came today too! Oh mannn! ^___^

Steroyd

If you've done the MGO beta you'll understand that the 1.01 update was... painful is an understatement.

And I can listen to my codecs through my blu-tooth headset!? Holy fucking shit!

h3ro

Steroyd said:
And I can listen to my codecs through my blu-tooth headset!? Holy fucking shit!

Is it wrong that the first thing I though when i read that was "sweet, now I can crouch down and put my hand on my ear too!"

sw26

Cronen said:
Yes they do! It looks the same as the pal Boxart, but looks hella nice! :D

hirokazu said:
Every single one I've seen on the Internets do.

Steroyd said:
Yes mine sure did :)

Thanks people. I asked because I'm getting mine from Asda tomorrow morning and they usually have empty cases out on the shelf for security reasons so I know now to ask for my slipcase if they don't give me one.

h3ro said:
Is it wrong that the first thing I though when i read that was "sweet, now I can crouch down and put my hand on my ear too!"

:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BeeDog said:
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

My copy just arrived, woooooot! Too bad I can't play it until 16.00, bah. The Swedish release has the awesome slip-cover.
You fucking CDON-bastard! :mad:

EVERYONE is playing it right now except me... it's fucking pathetic. BAAAAAAAH.

I must say. That snake figure kicks the ever-living shit out of the dinky Altair figure that came with the AC: LE. I wish we could get that in the states...

edit: The way his mouth is molded...looks like he's missing a cigarette.

KZObsessed

My Limited Edition just arrived!!!

Im Installing! OMG HES SMOKING SO AWESOME! :lol

Right I'm gonna get some snacks and off for a MGS4 marathon!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gorechylde said:
I must say. That snake figure kicks the ever-living shit out of the dinky Altair figure that came with the AC: LE. I wish we could get that in the states...
This is the truth.

Rainy Dog

Just gazing over my arrived LE (;D) at work and noticed the box only states 720p...pretty sure the game is confimed to support 1080i/p but can anyone defo confirm? The MGO beta defaulted to 1080p on my set without even ticking/unticking any HDMI resolutions so was hoping MGS4 would be the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom