• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
20080611.jpg

:lol

Man, I've felt like this since MGS2.

I'm going to try it again, and this time I'm going to like it.

hirokazu

Play-Asia's just changed the image of the Asian LE to the Japanese box, WTF. Does that mean it's the Japanese version and contents? :0

That means I'll have to buy the Australian game as well LOL.

Lakitu said:
What the fuck is this bullshit? Every other UKer is getting it, I ordered from Game and they're still packing my game, how long does that take?? :<
It's not just Game, it's Gameplay.co.uk as well: "preparing for despatch"...normally I'm a humble person, but since it's about MGS4.......DIE MOTHERFUCKERS, DIE! :(

Just pre-ordered mine a few hours ago.

The JB I'm picking it up from only had 5 pre-orders (small suburban store).

Paying only $76AU, I'm pretty happy with that. The JB Hifi trade in 2 games deal is pretty good. I paid a total of $76 for 2 semi-recent games and got MGS4 for free WOO HOO!!

Already organised the next 2 days off to play it. 4 day weekend yeah baby!

Fellow dedicated Metal Gear fans, I post this to tell you somewhat of sad tale, yet it is one that also contains a silver lining. On Thursday, I will unfortunately not be joining you to play MGS4. You see, I am near broke, with only $65 in my wallet for the next two weeks. Of course, hypothetically, this would be enough for me to purchase the game, but last week I met a girl. She is incredible, and this coming weekend we'll be going on our first date (for her birthday), so that's where my money will be going. For the first time, I now have to sacrifice gaming for something far more important. I won't be able to Sneak Out for at least two more weeks - when my next paycheck rolls in.

So I salute you fellow GAFers and wish you all the best of luck on June 12th. May you enjoy the game to its fullest. And please, if you could, enjoy it for me a little bit too.

:sadface:

BeeDog

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

My copy just arrived, woooooot! Too bad I can't play it until 16.00, bah. The Swedish release has the awesome slip-cover.

Dante

BeeDog said:

My copy just arrived, woooooot! Too bad I can't play it until 16.00, bah. The Swedish release has the awesome slip-cover.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

Dever

Banned
disappeared said:
Fellow dedicated Metal Gear fans, I post this to tell you somewhat of sad tale, yet it is one that also contains a silver lining. On Thursday, I will unfortunately not be joining you to play MGS4. You see, I am near broke, with only $65 in my wallet for the next two weeks. Of course, hypothetically, this would be enough for me to purchase the game, but last week I met a girl. She is incredible, and this coming weekend we'll be going on our first date (for her birthday), so that's where my money will be going. For the first time, I now have to sacrifice gaming for something far more important. I won't be able to Sneak Out for at least two more weeks - when my next paycheck rolls in.

So I salute you fellow GAFers and wish you all the best of luck on June 12th. May you enjoy the game to its fullest. And please, if you could, enjoy it for me a little bit too.

big%20boss%20salute.JPG

Good luck, man.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just pre-ordered mine a few hours ago.

The JB I'm picking it up from only had 5 pre-orders (small suburban store).

Paying only $76AU, I'm pretty happy with that. The JB Hifi trade in 2 games deal is pretty good. I paid a total of $76 for 2 semi-recent games and got MGS4 for free WOO HOO!!

Already organised the next 2 days off to play it. 4 day weekend yeah baby!

Thats fiendeshly clever, i might do that tommorow, go grab 2 second hand games at EB and trade them in, since they got the sales on atm anyways.

I might end up with 3 copies of MGS4 :)

patsu

disappeared said:

WTH, that's actually a happy story.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Thats fiendeshly clever, i might do that tommorow, go grab 2 second hand games at EB and trade them in, since they got the sales on atm anyways.

I might end up with 3 copies of MGS4 :)

Careful of the dreaded exclusions list. JB's isn't that long.

I went with Assassin's Creed and The Club. I asked them nicely to sell me the two games cheaper since I WAS buying two, and mentioned that the games are so damn cheap brand new, it seemed silly to sell me the second hand ones for only a few dollars less.

Try that and see how you go brah.

patsu said:
WTH, that's actually a happy story.

Yeah, I know it is :lol I'm way more excited for the date than the game, obviously.

I was just expecting the usual "damn man" and "lol sorry to hear that" replies.

disappeared said:

Don't worry, Go and make Gaf proud of you!

disappeared said:
Yeah, I know it is :lol

As great as Metal Gear is, it's only a videogame. Enjoy your date, man. Hope it goes well.

robertsan21 said:
see ya bitches!
just got my copy!!!!

its MGS4 TIME, see you in a week
:{

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Careful of the dreaded exclusions list. JB's isn't that long.

I went with Assassin's Creed and The Club. I asked them nicely to sell me the two games cheaper since I WAS buying two, and mentioned that the games are so damn cheap brand new, it seemed silly to sell me the second hand ones for only a few dollars less.

Try that and see how you go brah.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/excluded-games.pdf

Exclusion list :D will print that out and take it shopping with me, will see how i go.

Pewp

disappeared said:
Yeah, I know it is :lol I'm way more excited for the date than the game, obviously.

Her birthday comes once every year. New Metal Gears come about once every four years. You sold out.

Forsete

BeeDog said:

I hope I get mine from Discshop. Where did you order?

Lakitu

st5fu
11/06/2008 09:47:28 Your order has been dispatched.
09/06/2008 08:03:24 Your order is currently being picked and packed.
09/06/2008 07:20:31 Your credit/ debit card has been authorised and your order is now being released for packing.

SCREW YOU GAME!

Disappeared said:

You are a real hero. You are a true patriot.

Crusade

disappeared said:

Buy MGS4, invite girl to watch you play it. It'll be the experience of her life

MCermak

SolidSnakex said:
There's usually a big sticker on the box telling them when they can sell it. So don't count on it.

So? Some don't seem to notice it. Or they don't care!

GODSPEED, NeoGAF!

Unfortunately, I got mine online at gs and have to wait until tomorrow (using the free overnight shipping code, "Snake". Gives me a chance to replay mgs2 though.

Hixx

Omikaru said:
*grumbles*

Still waiting for the post man. This is killing me!

Same. I have a few games I could play through, but I boot them up and just lose all interest after 5 minutes. Not even mstrkrft are helping me through this :(

Crusade

disappeared said:
When I was over at her place last weekend (the first time we hung out), I saw an NES hooked up to her TV!
She was obviously replaying the original Metal Gear in preparation for MGS4. You should be more worried that she'll brush you in order to play MGS4 now

Wakim

Mets39 said:
i can't stop listening to the MGS3 Main Theme, So awesome!
I have to admit I've booted up the game just to hear the opening credits. Love those.

I haven't been this hyped for a game in years. I didn't realize until this week that it didn't come out until Friday. The wait is killing me.

Steroyd

Play.com :bow :bow :bow

They sent it off for delivery yesterday and i got it TODAY!!!!

play.com I am not worthy of your awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom