• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy Dog

dabookerman said:
Holy shit. I'm watching the Making of Blu Ray..

Hideo Kojima in HD <:O
*passes out

Dabook, any chance you happen to have a US or JP PS3? Just looking for confirmation that the blu-ray making-of is region free. Cheers.

magus

Rainy Dog said:
Dabook, any chance you happen to have a US or JP PS3? Just looking for confirmation that the blu-ray making-of is region free. Cheers.

US and Japan are in Blu-ray Region A so it wouldn't matter.

Hixx

12.30pm in the hixxsafc house. The postman finally decides to waddle up the path and knock on the door.

Excellent. Why am I posting on here instead of play-- installing? D:

Rainy Dog said:

Don't have a jp ps3 or us one. Not sure if it's region free or not.

The first 30mins doc is in Japanese with subs.

The game has over 8 hours of cutscenes and over 100 unique characters (as in modelled)

Forsete

Seiken said:
You fucking CDON-bastard! :mad:

EVERYONE is playing it right now except me... it's fucking pathetic. BAAAAAAAH.

I didnt get it either.. :/

Where did you order yours? I went with Discshop, but I kinda expected them not to send it out early. They always deliver on release day.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dabookerman, where do you live? I'm just curious, you don't have to answer :)

Crusade

100_3684.JPG

Snake's ass isn't nearly sculpted enough

h3ro

Rainy Dog said:
Just gazing over my arrived LE (;D) at work and noticed the box only states 720p...pretty sure the game is confimed to support 1080i/p but can anyone defo confirm? The MGO beta defaulted to 1080p on my set without even ticking/unticking any HDMI resolutions so was hoping MGS4 would be the same...

Answer this someone. Please :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forsete said:

Where did you order yours? I went with Discshop, but I kinda expected them not to send it out early. They always deliver on release day.
I've pre ordered it from my local video game store (GAME) :(... so I'm not gonna be able to buy the thing until tomorrow 10am when the stores open!

zam

Forsete said:

Haven't got mine either :( Ordered from Webhallen and they sent it today, though the last couple of games I've ordered from them I got the day before release..

Yoshichan

Congrats to everyone... /sigh

Anyway, I should be doing something for the next couple of hours to kill time. But what? I don't want to F5 GAF all the time :(

Hixx

Geoff9920 said:
Wow, how did so many people get this a day early?

Pretty much every British online gaming retailer dispatches games a couple of days early. Thus we normally get games a day before release.

Rainy Dog

magus said:
US and Japan are in Blu-ray Region A so it wouldn't matter.

I know, but he's in the UK so were wondering if his UK making-of was playing in a Region A blu-ray player. I've a US PS3 so am having to hope that the UK/EU making-of blu-ray is region-free...

Steroyd

lambchop said:
can some one confirm or not that MGO is region locked? and how..is it based on the region of the game disc or the console?

We won't know the answer till our American brethrin WAKE UP!!

Or is that wake up tomorrow?

damn timezones.

Geoff9920

HixxSAFC said:
Pretty much every British online gaming retailer dispatches games a couple of days early. Thus we normally get games a day before release.
Damn american retailers sticking to release dates. Who do they think they are? :p

painey

im on the 2nd checkpoint and getting destroyed.. man I suck at MGS games.. this is the first time ive played one on any difficulty except the one with unlimited tranq darts and I just got destroyed by about 9 guards. I tried to sneak up on some guard with my knife and he just started punching the air while i was being shot, im really not coping with total stealth :( :lol

Yoshichan

ItsInMyVeins said:
Man, I still don't know about that PAL LE. I think the whole box looks kind of ugly, to be honest :/
Agreed. But hey, I want to give Kojima Productions all the money I can give them.

Rainy Dog

ItsInMyVeins said:
Man, I still don't know about that PAL LE. I think the whole box looks kind of ugly, to be honest :/

I don't think it looks as nice in the flesh if I'm honest. Feels a little flimsy too. Would've preferred a thick and strurdy card box, but hey.

Geoff9920

Steroyd said:
We won't know the answer till our American brethrin WAKE UP!!

Or is that wake up tomorrow?

damn timezones.
Most US folks won't get the game until tomorrow or midnight tonight. (~16 hours from now)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ItsInMyVeins said:
The actual boxart is the same and you get the good content, it's just the box it's all stored in that's meh.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I'd love a LE where you get the making of and the soundstrack bundled with the game in a cardboard slipcase. I can't help but think that the doll is increasing the price a lot more than the making of and soundtrack :/

Man, now that I think about it - I pretty much went all out for this game. Let's see what I purchased:

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of The Patriots: Limited Edition
MGS4 Playstation 3 Bundle: LE
MGS4 Soundtrack
MGS4 LE Guide

Heh. What can I say? I really like Metal Gear.

sp0rsk said:
Holy shit @ this game.
... Cry.

ItsInMyVeins said:
I'd love a LE where you get the making of and the soundstrack bundled with the game in a cardboard slipcase. I can't help but think that the doll is increasing the price a lot more than the making of and soundtrack :/

I'm going for the ultimate combo :

Buy the awesome Europan version of the game + buy the awesome american limited edition (awesome cover box but not so awesome cover of the game) ---> FUSION! --> The Ultimate Limited Edition of MGS4

Cronen

It's F'ing awesome guys!

Anyway, can we actually pause cutscenes? >_<
I'm kinda scared to, just incase. I just missed a phone call because of one >__>

hirokazu said:
Teach me this trick :0 What games did you buy and where?

Make sure you go to a JB and buy Assassin's Creed and The Club.

The key is how you sound and what you say. When they tell you the price for the two games, simply state that both games can be purchased for virtually the same price BRAND NEW at EB Games and or JB, so it seems a bit silly to pay that price for pre-owned.

Hopefully, they'll take the bait. YOU pay between 70 and 80AU and you then take them to a different JB and trade em in for MGS4.

It works out cheap....like the budgie.

hirokazu

ONE HOUR 45 MINUTES till midnight June 12! I'm bailing out of here effective immediately.

See you guys later! It's been great fun participating in this thread while we waited for the game!

peetfeet

Anybody know if you can play songs from the HDD using the iPod? It only has the ingame music and podcast etc when i try using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom