• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euphor!a said:
That is what I was thinking so I thought nothing of it until I checked my order status and it says it is shipping on the 12th, I pre-ordered sometime in April -_-.

Same as me I ordered mine April 2nd. They did send me the bonus Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 DVD and I got in the MGO beta. Here's hoping we get it tomorrow lol

I hope they didnt run out lol

Big-E

Its going to be another 2 days till I get to play it. Have a party to go to tomorrow though I kind of want to ditch it for MGS. Don't know if I could hold out that long.

nextwish said:
As requested, pics of the Asian LE:

2569979455_0d9dd34317_b.jpg

2570804674_2180e86490_b.jpg

2569993349_65eb4a40a6_b.jpg

Heh, so what happened to the tin case the extras was supposed to come in ;x

Thanks by the way.

nextwish

dabookerman said:
Heh, so what happened to the tin case the extras was supposed to come in ;x

Thanks by the way.

The tin case comes with the Japanese LE, the one I grabbed today was the Asian LE - no tin unfortunately. I was tempted to get the JPN one, but it's totally in Japanese (both voice and subtitles) with no english options so I opted for the version I could actually understand.

The tin box was very very tempting though I have to admit!

Heh, all I will say is that the opening introduction is one of the best things ever...I love the interactiveness of it...plus it was fairly informative... :D

Can't wait to snag my LE copies (both JP & US)...

Acid08

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Heh, all I will say is that the opening introduction is one of the best things ever...I love the interactiveness of it...plus it was fairly informative... :D

Can't wait to snag my LE copies (both JP & US)...
I love your avatar :)

Pre-order Ships 6/12/2008
As processing times will vary, you may not be able to cancel your order after it is placed.

Shipping Method:
USA Overnight - $9.99
Allow 1 business day for transit & 1 business day for processing.

*sigh* :(

Acid08 said:
I love your avatar :)

Thanks. I got it from a Japanese Metal Gear site called Gumdrop-Monster (google that and it should be like the first hit).

Incidentally, my previous avatar with Snake in the box was from there too...as was a chibi Old Snake one.

Acid08

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Thanks. I got it from a Japanese Metal Gear site called Gumdrop-Monster (google that and it should be like the first hit).

Incidentally, my previous avatar with Snake in the box was from there too...as was a chibi Old Snake one.
I just looked at the Bay Area Gaf thread. They sign slip covers? That sucks so hard. I guess we could put the slip covers over the SE that comes in the LE though :/.

Mattlikewhoa said:
I've got a Sony Pearl (Model VPL-VW50). I wanted a JVC RS1/2 but I couldn't justify the cost right now (Saving up to move out, engagement ring, etc). So far I've only had it for a few months and I've already put 150 hours on it. It doesn't help that Euro is happening as well as MGS4. What PJ's are you looking at?
I'm not really looking right now. Want to upgrade but it's not in the cards right now. I've heard the Pearl is amazing but wow that is out of my price range for quite some time.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
brandonh83 said:
THEY SAID

IT COULD NOT BE DONE

HILLARYCLINTON.COM
:lol

Well either way work later on will facilitate the time speed up process and Nyquil will help tonight for the sleeping process. :D

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Choke on the Magic said:
I'm interested in knowing what surprise Ryan was talking about. Will we all find out at midnight? :eek:

Don't know what it is but it better be a badass surprise indeed!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So will we hit 10K before 9PM EST!?

TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!

dun nun nun nun nun
nun nun nun

SNAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:
So will we hit 10K before 9PM EST!?

TUNE IN TO FIND OUT!

dun nun nun nun nun
nun nun nun

SNAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE

:lol

We might we might, if people loose their composure.

$#%%$^%$$ MGS4 #$%#$%$#%#$ NOW! :D

Euphor!a

Banned
AmericanNinja said:
Pre-order Ships 6/12/2008
As processing times will vary, you may not be able to cancel your order after it is placed.

Shipping Method:
USA Overnight - $9.99
Allow 1 business day for transit & 1 business day for processing.

*sigh* :(

If it matters I just called Gamestop.com about my order and they said that all MGS4 orders are definitely shipping today and as long as you have overnight delivery it will be delivered on the 12th regardless of what it says on the website.

Barrett2

Does anyone else keep forgetting this is actually coming out tomorrow? Seriously; I have been thinking all morning that I would go to the gym tomorrow instead of today... but then it dawned on me... um, I will probably be playing MGS4 all day tomorrow!

I have my day planned out. Head to Circuit City & buy MGS4, then to Borders to buy the latest Edge mag. Then head home to sit in front of the HDTV til my freaking eyes bleed!

Smokey

Played about 4 hours of the game and just got to ACT II, which is where I feel the game REALLY starts(ACT I we've seen since forever).

I will say that I was fucking disoriented when the game started, and MGS is my favorite gaming series. I was actually frustrated but obviously stuck with it. Shit going on all around you..it's a war just like we've seen in trailers. Simply because of the nature of the events going on around you, you'll probably want to play it like an action game rather than stealth. it took me a good second to get used to the controls, and to know how to read all the info the game has on it's UI.

And then...it just clicked. I was sneaking around just like the old games and it is much more intense when the PMC's and the militia are going crazy all around you. It's different seeing someone else playing than when YOU actually get to play. I'm jealous of those with 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound systems, this game is gonna rock your house.

So many weapons, so many different ways to approach any given situation it is amazing. After I got the hang of things, I used my tranquilizer gun exclusively for the rest of ACT I while racking up crazy amounts of Drebin points to save for later on. Awesome Awesome Awesome.

It's good to have the king back.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, I should have just put my preorder in at the Gamestop near Home, instead of the one near work...a 2 hour overall trip for a midnight launch is 1 hour and 45 minute too long....

I have to wait till tomorrow at lunch to pick it up, then wait till work is over till I can actually play it :(

Maybe I can use Nyquil at work, too...

Smokey Bones said:
Played about 4 hours of the game and just got to ACT II, which is where I feel the game REALLY starts(ACT I we've seen since forever).

I will say that I was fucking disoriented when the game started, and MGS is my favorite gaming series. I was actually frustrated but obviously stuck with it. Shit going on all around you..it's a war just like we've seen in trailers. Simply because of the nature of the events going on around you, you'll probably want to play it like an action game rather than stealth. it took me a good second to get used to the controls, and to know how to read all the info the game has on it's UI.

And then...it just clicked. I was sneaking around just like the old games and it is much more intense when the PMC's and the militia are going crazy all around you. It's different seeing someone else playing than when YOU actually get to play. I'm jealous of those with 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound systems, this game is gonna rock your house.

So many weapons, so many different ways to approach any given situation it is amazing. After I got the hang of things, I used my tranquilizer gun exclusively for the rest of ACT I while racking up crazy amounts of Drebin points to save for later on. Awesome Awesome Awesome.

Sweet impressions.

Give me moooore! MORE! (from everyone not just you)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Smokey Bones said:

Damn sounds freaking nice, well I will experience that tomorrow!

Smokey Bones said:

Your description is more than I could have hoped for.:D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
brandonh83 said:
I just woke up... and realized that in 8 hours I'm going to be in line at Gamestop.

Mercy.

Well, 10. Unless you are going 2 hours early. For the FESTIVITIEZ/SPIDERZ

So the game supports HD audio?

I'm jealous at all you bastards that have such a set-up, I just got plain old vanilla 5.1 here. Though MGS4 in 5.1 surround should be jizztacular anyway. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom