• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dever

Banned
Does anyone here work in a gamestore in Europe? I'd like to know if the EU bundle is a limited sort of deal or not. You can't pre-order it from anywhere. :/

Steroyd

Yeah go to options and you can have codec message as either standard or usb/blu-tooth.

Fuck me this podcast is exclusive to MGS4.

Arnie

TTP, who are you in journalism and who do you work for? I have always had the suspicion that you were a journalist and dabookerman reaffirmed those suspicions.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
awesome, Sly Cooper 2 was the only game that I've played that did that before.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Could you talk about the content of this podcast, either spoiler tagged here or in the other topic? I mean, is it a real life "world" podcast (like the making of the game, etc), or is it an "in game" podcast (where they talk about things going on in the game "world")?

Has anyone here pre-ordered through Gamestop.com? I had mine pre-ordered since April and they still haven processed it or anything and I even got overnight shipping for it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Dever said:
Does anyone here work in a gamestore in Europe? I'd like to know if the EU bundle is a limited sort of deal or not. You can't pre-order it from anywhere. :/

it is verry limited, only 25K for whole of Europe, at 99% of stores its sold out.

k1s3k1

Banned
can anyone check if the MGO is region locked or not?? some people in other forums said they already started playing MGO

Tiduz

Eurogaime
My day cant get any better, just got an email, MGS4 LE sent out with ROCKBAND US Import <3

FabCam said:
No, I think he's talking about the MGS4 with PS3 bundle not the LE.

Oh, i dunno about that then, thanks for clearing that up

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Just one more day!

I still have exams, but all the main onea are out of the way, so I'm going to get the game tomorrw. I really should wait til exams are over, but I'm too impatient.

BigFwoosh

Holy shit... I decided today that I would ask for tomorrow off, just to try. So I walked into my manager's office:

Me: So, I have a question for you. Feel free to decline, I know it's short notice.
Manager: Okay man, what's up?
Me: Is there anyway I could have tomorrow off?
Manager: Sure man, of course.
Me: ...Really?
Manager: Oh, and you guys are doing some great work. As we keep moving along, I'm going to see what I can do to get you some more cash.
Me: ...Awesome!

Holy shit... this time, bless the Patriots! Bless them!

FabCam

k1s3k1 said:
for those who already have the game, can u check MGO please, i want to know if its region locked server or not!

From what I have read so far, it's language locked. As in there are English servers and Japanese servers.

Volcynika

BigFwoosh said:
Holy shit... I decided today that I would ask for tomorrow off, just to try. So I walked into my manager's office:

Me: So, I have a question for you. Feel free to decline, I know it's short notice.
Manager: Oh, and you guys are doing some great work. As we keep moving along, I'm going to see what I can do to get you some more cash.

And it shall be the greatest off day ever!

Wollan

NarcissisticJay said:
Anyone can give some feedback on the 5.1?
I hope its has the production value as the rest of the game -

dabookerman said:
100_3677.JPG

'Dolby True HD'

psycho_snake

FabCam said:
From what I have read so far, it's language locked. As in there are English servers and Japanese servers.
So if I've got a PAL PS3 and buy an NTSC version of the game, will everything work fine?

Id.

Sato Koiji said:
I...I..I HAVE THE GAME!!!!!

No time to post. Im back to playing....OMFG!!!!

Awesome game!!
I'm jealous!

Can't wait to go pick it up tonight. dabookerman, how big is the MGO update?

FabCam

psycho_snake said:
So if I've got a PAL PS3 and buy an NTSC version of the game, will everything work fine?

I don't want to say yes, as I don't actually have it yet but from what I've read it seems to be the case. Get the PAL version just to be safe.

Lonestar

BigFwoosh said:

He's looking for a clean and quick way to give you the boot. Go ahead and preemptively strike first. I'd go with Tranq Dart to the back of the head.

gconsole

You need to play this game with 5.1 home theatre set. This is the best sound experience I ever have with videogame. I fucking recommend everyone to buy the new home theatre set just for this game.

psycho_snake

FabCam said:
I don't want to say yes, as I don't actually have it yet but from what I've read it seems to be the case. Get the PAL version just to be safe.
yeah they sell PAL and NTSC over here, so I'll buy the PAl version.

I just called up the shop and it turns out they receievd it yesterday!! It doesnt make any difference to me though; even if I got it yesterday I wouldnt be able to play it until tomorrow because I had a ton of exams to revise for.

k1s3k1

Banned
pls try out MGO guys, i want to know the servers setup so that i can import the game if its not locked based on the game region :D

The MGO update is small. It took me 4 mins or so to install, from http download.

I'm listening to the integral podcast. This is wierd :lol

Listening to Ryan and Ken in the middle of this warzone. Quite relaxing

k1s3k1 said:
pls try out MGO guys, i want to know the servers setup so that i can import the game if its not locked based on the game region :D

I will try it out in a few minutes.

Raist

Banned
FabCam said:
same here. Unfortunately, French won't learn itself :(

Just log on gaf during your exam i'll help you. Well if I'm not playing that is :p

I'll try to check my store today after work to see if they're selling it now. But I really doubt it :(

I am totally set for tomorrow...I just came home from picking up my new sub for my HT in the basement. I'm planning to put a good 10 hours on my projector tomorrow :lol I don't usually marathon on my PJ, but MGS4 is something else...

92" of 1080P HD goodness with non compressed HD surround sound to boot :D

BTW, did anyone else get shipping confirmation Konami about their LE systems? I'm still waiting on that one to ship (my play asia one has)...

This wait is painful. I bought my HDTV right before the Lost season finale and have been waiting for the MGS4 bundle to come out. And now my copy of Uncharted came in from Amazon and it's just sitting on my desk mocking me. I really hope I don't have any trouble finding a bundle tomorrow. :(

psycho_snake

FabCam said:
I'm actually kind of lucky as my exams end tomorrow, but I feel for you :(
haha thanks.

Thats perfect timing for you. You finish your exams tomorrw then get to platy MGS4 with nothing to worry about.

Lonestar

I too, joined the HDTV crowd recently. A week or 2 before GTAIV came out, I've got my 1080p LCD Screen of Heavenly Goodness, and MGS4 is the main reason for having it. :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
AmericanNinja said:
Has anyone here pre-ordered through Gamestop.com? I had mine pre-ordered since April and they still haven processed it or anything and I even got overnight shipping for it.

I just used the regular shipping, and it still says pre-order. However there is a pending charge on my card, so it should ship today. I have a copy reserved locally as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom