• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattlikewhoa said:
I am totally set for tomorrow...I just came home from picking up my new sub for my HT in the basement. I'm planning to put a good 10 hours on my projector tomorrow :lol I don't usually marathon on my PJ, but MGS4 is something else...

92" of 1080P HD goodness with non compressed HD surround sound to boot :D

BTW, did anyone else get shipping confirmation Konami about their LE systems? I'm still waiting on that one to ship (my play asia one has)...

What 1080p projector do you own? In my dreams I will upgrade soon.

Euphor!a

Banned
I ordered from Gamestop.com with overnight delivery for the day of guaruntee, but for some reason I noticed the guaruntee is gone and my order says it is shipping on the 12th. I'm going to be seriously pissed if it is not here on the 12th.

Yasser

Lakitu said:
Does this game look good in 1080i??
for the 5 minutes i played it before work it looked great to me, i didn't check to see if was running at 1080i though, if i remember i'll check tonight

Kinan

Damn, this thread is already in top10 gaming threads on gaf in views, and the game is not even officially out yet. Gaf is sure crazy about it.

Kinan said:
Damn, this thread is already in top10 gaming threads on gaf in views, and the game is not even officially out yet. Gaf is sure crazy about it.

yep.. and its only still under 2 weeks old... im still standing by my prediction

maskrider

supermackem said:
What res is this, is it 720p only or can you select 1080i/p this decides which tv i play it on my 1080p big one or my smaller 720p one.

On the back of my Japanese version, NTSC, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

Some 720p images from the "Press Start Button" auto loop, I am not ready to start yet.

Not sure if they are spoiler to you, don't click if you don't want to see anything on the game yet.

http://i26.tinypic.com/2zipiq0.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/whbpg6.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/5ulm37.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/vrudmt.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/1zqq2j6.jpg

There are 3 or 4 sci-fi video clips playing between the auto loop "Press Start Button" scene and Konami/Kojima pro logo.

nextwish

Yay! I got my copy tonight ... can't wait for the weekend so I can immerse myself!

2570769382_2e40c743d0.jpg

2569942475_3cd4342963.jpg

I also saw in the Hong Kong stores there were quite a few of those limited edition gun metal PS3s ... wish I could afford it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
nextwish said:
Yay! I got my copy tonight ... can't wait for the weekend so I can immerse myself!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2570769382_2e40c743d0.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/2569942475_3cd4342963.jpg

I also saw in the Hong Kong stores there were quite a few of those limited edition gun metal PS3s ... wish I could afford it.

Engrish!!! :lol :lol

nextwish said:

That's the LE right? please post more detailed pics, I haven't seen the Asian/japanese copy in great detail. Thanks!

Also any one outside of europe have the game? I can try to find out if it's region free.

Fatalah

My friend is hoping to buy the limited edition MGS4 PS3 tomorrow, do you guys think there will be plenty to go around?

We're in Queens.

alr1ghtstart said:
I just used the regular shipping, and it still says pre-order. However there is a pending charge on my card, so it should ship today. I have a copy reserved locally as well though.

hhmm...I'll check my CC to see if they will be charging it soon.

Euphor!a said:
I ordered from Gamestop.com with overnight delivery for the day of guaruntee, but for some reason I noticed the guarantee is gone and my order says it is shipping on the 12th. I'm going to be seriously pissed if it is not here on the 12th.

I just saw they removed the street date guarantee as well. I think its because the order by time has passed I think it was if you ordered by June 11th 11AM. Hopefully that why they took it down lol

CitizenCope said:
What 1080p projector do you own? In my dreams I will upgrade soon.

I've got a Sony Pearl (Model VPL-VW50). I wanted a JVC RS1/2 but I couldn't justify the cost right now (Saving up to move out, engagement ring, etc). So far I've only had it for a few months and I've already put 150 hours on it. It doesn't help that Euro is happening as well as MGS4. What PJ's are you looking at?

METAL GEAR BLOCKED!!!

Just walked into a Wal-Mart in Toronto and saw MGS4 sitting on the shelf. Got the girl to open the glass case for me and she did. She took it to the register and tried to scan it through - DENIED! She went through several channels to find out what was wrong, even though I already knew the answer. She finally found out that it was put on the shelf too early, so I asked her when the release date really was. She told me next week.

Wal-Mart LOL

nextwish said:

Now that's what I call cover art!!! I can't wait for my LE PS3 to arrive!!!

k1s3k1 said:
so for those who already tried the MGO, the servers are region locked 100% sure?

Good thing I'm getting a NA LE as well if this is true...

Downhome

Amazon charged me and shipped my MGS4 PS3 bundle to me yesterday, and right now it's listed as "OUT FOR DELIVERY". I should have it any minute now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fatalah said:
My friend is hoping to buy the limited edition MGS4 PS3 tomorrow, do you guys think there will be plenty to go around?

We're in Queens.

the LE PS3 bundle is only sold on konami.com (assuming you're talking about the gunmetal grey version)

the regular 80GB bundle may be hard to come by. I'll be looking for one as well.

You won't find a LE game unless you pre-ordered.

Gremmie4

Wollan said:

I noticed the Dolby TrueHD logo on the back of the box. Is that in reference to the game or the bluray documentary? Can someone with the game list the audio options available?

EDIT: Just noticed on the new pics of the back of the game that PCM 5.1 is listed, which is awesome. Only a half a day away!

nextwish

dabookerman said:
That's the LE right? please post more detailed pics, I haven't seen the Asian/japanese copy in great detail. Thanks!

Also any one outside of europe have the game? I can try to find out if it's region free.

As requested, pics of the Asian LE:

2569979455_0d9dd34317_b.jpg

2570804674_2180e86490_b.jpg

2569993349_65eb4a40a6_b.jpg

Euphor!a

Banned
AmericanNinja said:
I just saw they removed the street date guarantee as well. I think its because the order by time has passed I think it was if you ordered by June 11th 11AM. Hopefully that why they took it down lol

That is what I was thinking so I thought nothing of it until I checked my order status and it says it is shipping on the 12th, I pre-ordered sometime in April -_-.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom