• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused. Wasn't there suppose to be some making of the game or documentary video somewhere? I did search a bit through the game menu. But can someone enlighten me on this?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I got my copy :)

installing right now.

the funny part is that my LE MGS4 strat guide, the art piece is on the front cover lol

Xtyle

Lion Heart said:
EVERY FUCKING WORD IN THIS THREAD, I HAS READ

Edit:...hmm, 11k, this is the best I can do.

jrqyiq.jpg

Just curious...
Are you Lionhart from gamefaqs?

kuYuri

Virgin Megastore NYC launch event (sorry for crappy pictures, it was really tough getting good pictures here)

Seconds after getting the game, I took this
DSC05258.jpg

Aki Saito (Totally didn't expect him to be there)
DSC05270.jpg

Hideo Kojima AKA God
DSC05271.jpg

Yumi Kikuchi
DSC05272.jpg

Signed copy
DSC05278.jpg

.nimrod said:
Are there any spoilers in the GT review?

yes, especially for locations...loads of them..not many story spoilers exactly, but I would avoid it...

I wasnt too bothered as I won't be playing the game for a long time, since I will be travelling for a while

nofi

Hopefully this is the right place - quick question:

After I get the MK II and go out into the street both groups of soldiers are shooting at me - I thought I was supposed to be 'on the side' of the rebels?

(Spoiler if you don't know what happens in the first hour or so)

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Vaandaviii said:
89 minutes cutscene am confirmed

Exactly. Or rather; two times 45 minutes cutscene, with a few minutes gameplay between. As far as I'm concerned that might as well be like a 90 minute cutscene.

Either way, I'm gonna go pick up my copy of the game soon. I think I'll go with the standard version of the game though. Then I'm gonna sit at work trying to concentrate on, you know, working instead of looking at the box or whatever for seven or eight hours.

.nimrod

nelsonroyale said:
yes, especially for locations...loads of them..not many story spoilers exactly, but I would avoid it...

nofi said:
Hopefully this is the right place - quick question:

After I get the MK II and go out into the street both groups of soldiers are shooting at me - I thought I was supposed to be 'on the side' of the rebels?

(Spoiler if you don't know what happens in the first hour or so)

If you attack the PMCs or give food to the militia they will become your friends. You can see if they are by equipping the solid eye, friends names are blue

nofi

.nimrod said:
If you attack the PMCs or give food to the militia they will become your friends. You can see if they are by equipping the solid eye, friends names are blue

Excellent, thanks. I'm not really a massive MGS fan so I'm a bit lost, but enjoying it so far.

rcua1884

I just put in a few hours in the game and I gotta say the production values on this game are BRILLIANT! I actually finished up MGS3 this afternoon in anticipation for this game and the difference in the presentations are like night and day.

One thing I'm super happy about is that the lips are actually synced up with the voices and the localization is really good. I kind of find it refreshing to hear these characters actually curse. It just makes them all the more human to me.

All in all, first impressions of the game have exceeded my expectations, but I'm calling it a night.

Happy sneaking, everyone!

nelsonroyale said:

I wasnt too bothered as I won't be playing the game for a long time, since I will be travelling for a while

thanks!

will be sure not to watch it and from this point on, i'm on an official media blackout until the end of the month!

Cronen

nelsonroyale said:

What score did it get?

boco77

Banned
Any stealth tips at the start? I'm finding the controls a little finnicky like trying to hold someone up is harder than it looks....

I am in awe!!!! This game is crazy, the amount of stuff I have seen and done in less than three hours is more than you do in some games. Oh and the cutscenes, the bar is raised, I have never seen anything as well done as this.

So much I want to say but I am tired, more tomorrow.

boco77

Banned
Any stealth tips at the start? I'm finding the controls a little finnicky like trying to hold someone up is harder than it looks....
What weapons and gadgets do you guys mostly use?

EazyB

Banned
My dad was going to surprise me by picking up a PS3 for finishing my freshman year at the university but heard there was a bundle coming out so he held off. Hopefully I'll have one soon and see what's got all y'all batshit crazy.

Shouta

Got mine and almost done installing. I'll really sink into this tomorrow but I'll have a taste tonight after I register my PSP with my system.

Idioteque said:
I wish I had gone to the midnight launch. I have to wait another 7 hours now. :(
Yeah. I'm at work right now. My stuff will arrive around 3:00 PM. (It's 2:41 AM, right now.)

The wait isn't unbearable, or anything. I mean, I've waited 3 years for this game to come out - and 5 five years to finish this story. If I've been able to wait this long, I can definitely wait until then.

The nice thing is that, once I get off of work - It's pretty likely I'll be exhausted. So, I'll be sleeping until the very moment my bundle arrives.

It's going to be something else, you know? I don't think I've ever been so excited for a game in my life. I truly feel that, once I beat Metal Gear Solid 4, I could probably give up videogaming forever. Of course, I have no plans to do such a thing - but I'm sure you know what I mean. >:]

scoobs

Wow guys no spoilers from me but i just finished act one and i am AMAZED. Absolutely awesome so far, if you are on the ropes (is there anyone?) don't be, because this game is remarkable.

I just played for about 1 hour, now I have to sleep for work tomorrow. The game is more amazing than I expected. Fricken amazing.

GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS!

Lakitu

st5fu
I hate you all. (Not really)

"Your item has reached the delivery office and is out for delivery.

We can confirm that your item left the delivery office this morning and should arrive shortly if it hasn’t been delivered already. "

Please, come on!

Ashhong

quick gameplay questions, no real spoilers..

1. how do i gift food and such?
i shot the PMC people and still the militia saw me as the enemy. i had to shoot them all. is it too late for me to befriend them?

2. can you not drag people when they are dazed on the ground? i only get the drag option if they are dead

3. ...i forgot, post later i guess.

only small gripe i have is that i cant go up to higher levels very much. being stuck on the ground makes it harder to go around the enemies.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
There. Now I've got a copy of the standard version of MGS4. Didn't wanna pay more than double the cash for the Euro LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom