• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am happy for you guys. I got to see the game a while ago. Its the best looking console game I have ever seen. I don't like MGS, but from what I saw, it seems the fans wont be dissapointed. I wish I could have stayed a little bit more at my friends place, but he wanted to play alone :lol

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
acm2000 said:
but its not "HD" anyway ;) but still, playing any current gen game on an SDTV is pretty horrible.
Its not HD? Didnt know that.

Still, its much better playing next gen games on a plasma than a SDTV.

Baha

At least 6 hrs to go for me, even though EB opens at 10 AM over here, I have to be at my graduation which means that while I'm there, up on stage receiving my diploma, the only thing on my mind will be mgs4.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I love the
Wilderness of Act 2
. It's like I'm back in MGS3 with better game mechanics.

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The very opening scene is.......weird.
That bit about the cook and then the praying mantis, whats all that about?

So I get to Walmart at 10:30pm to wait for MGS4/80GB bundle to come out, and only one other guy was there at the time. Gets to be midnight, roughly 12 guys in line, 4 for the system, and they come out and tell us that they can't find the 80GB in the stockroom. I had roughly 3 heart attacks. Luckily, the person who had put them in the stockroom was in line waiting for the system, and was able to point it out to the retarded people working at walmart. By then in was 12:30, and I was mildly disgruntled. Oh well, at least I got my $100 giftcard.

Anywho, roughly 4 hours into MGS4, just started Act 2. Time to take a break, update the firmware, and make a PSN account. And hope I can stay awake.

Dazzyman

lambchop said:
no one's tried their import copy yet to confirm region lock on line or the bonus disc?

Im in UK with a JPN machine, got my PAL MGS4 yesterday morning (from shopto) installed fine and allows online play fine so its definetly not locked per region like RFOM was on launch (but later patched). Didnt have time to test much though as was ill all flaming day.

Piggus

I went in to pre-order it last week but I guess they had already sent out the shipment request. I'm hoping I can find it somewhere later tomorrow (err... today). :(

hirokazu

Dazzyman said:
Im in UK with a JPN machine, got my PAL MGS4 yesterday morning (from shopto) installed fine and allows online play fine so its definetly not locked per region like RFOM was on launch (but later patched). Didnt have time to test much though as was ill all flaming day.
That's because you're in a PAL region already. I think what we really want to find out, for example, is playing an NTSC version in a PAL country, regardless of the machine.

biocat

Anyone pick up the Metal Gear Solid Digital Comic DVD bundle?
I just got the Japanese LE edition of the game and am thinking of getting the digital comic set as well.:D

McFly

Just played through the first two missions ... damn, the atmosphere in this game ... amazing!

That's all I have to say. Back to the game! :D

Pezking

Got it:

23vjh3d.jpg
4ibi1v.jpg

21cdlxu.jpg
2sb6e76.jpg

246juc5.jpg
wix0jr.jpg

2na35s3.jpg
11ht1sz.jpg

2dgs469.jpg
dokvhh.jpg

"Old Hare"? :lol

And, by the way: The Blu-ray is codefree. It runs perfectly on my american PS3.

man, the
idude
in this game is nutty, but after my buddy and i decided to tinker around with it about 3 hours in we found a whole new level of appreciation for this game. we'll have to load up some jimi hendrix later to make it like vietnam

hideo solved in-game soundtracks a week before they're even possible!

Ashhong

has everybody been exploring during the briefings?

in the first chance you get, theres a computer with a little dude running across the screen, who is that? he has green goggles and it looks like a tail...

also, i managed to find a battery to extend the battery for my solid eye, was there anything else?

Ashhong said:
has everybody been exploring during the briefings?

in the first chance you get, theres a computer with a little dude running across the screen, who is that? he has green goggles and it looks like a tail...

also, i managed to find a battery to extend the battery for my solid eye, was there anything else?
There's also
a camera and maybe some ammo or something. I only found a battery, ammo and noodles during the second briefing though.

Ashhong

hmm a camera eh? i hope its not so u can take like ingame pictures, i would be mad i didnt get it

i just finished act 1...im going to make a prediction for myself, to see if im right

akiba is raiden. hes just so whiny and pathetic, and kojima seemed to focus on him..plus he wasnt affected, which has to mean something

Pezking

Action Jackson said:
So the LE version of the game is missing the slipcase that comes wiht the normal edition afterall? :(

Yes. No slipcase.

But overall, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of that LE.

sun-drop

acm2000 said:
theres no region lock online, you just get put in the regional servers, japanese game = japanese servers etc, the bonus disc might be tho if its just a bluray movie, if its a ps3 gamedisc with bonus content, it would have to be region free like the game.

well thats what i mean ... i don't want to be put on jpn servers if the people i wanna play are NZ/aus

if the game does put you on regionalised servers ... what determines which server region ..the game or the console.

i have a NZ ps3, if i put a asian MGS4 in it will i be able to play fellow kiwi's /aussies?

so those of you with import games runing on yr locallu sourced consoles ...can you see your local mates online in the game or are they all foreigners ?

rod

Banned
10/10, game of the gen, etc etc, and im only a little through act 3. seriously. oh and yeah.
i really dont trust naomi lol

Frog

I thought the "surprise" was going to be announced around 12AM at the NYC event? Oh well, leaving to pick up the game soon...

Uh, yeah, early act two SPOILER:
SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST CAMBELL MARRIED ROSE?!?!??!! WTF IS THAT? I:M FUCKING STUNNED AND ITS ONLY STARTING ACT 2 I think I just broke my dick off in the rabbit hole and I still have so far down to go

10/10 It starts slow, but its already been epic beyond words

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Well my copy just arrive, time to go play.

See everyone on Monday! :p

rod

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Uh, yeah, early act two SPOILER:
SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST CAMBELL MARRIED ROSE?!?!??!! WTF IS THAT? I:M FUCKING STUNNED AND ITS ONLY STARTING ACT 2 I think I just broke my dick off in the rabbit hole and I still have so far down to go

10/10 It starts slow, but its already been epic beyond words

that was my reaction totally. i couldnt believe it. its like,
BUT WHAT ABOUT JACK?!?! RAIDEN?! HELLO? YOU WERE FUCKING NUTS ABOUT HIM BEFORE AND NOW YOUR FUCKING CAMPBELL?? :/

Atrophis

Still in Act 1. Its lasting ages! Met Drebin whos such a bad ass. His monkey is too cute.

Each area is just getting more intense, you really do feel like your in a war zone.

Graphics wise, shit all the screenshots and vids just dont compare to what it actually looks like. Its just stupidly gorgeous.

But now I have to do something very hard. Stop playing and go finish MGS3 for the first time. Dont want to get too far and start seeing shit i wont understand.

I never got an answer: can you play music off your HDD on snake's ipod. I really thought you could but its not looking liek it. Thats the only lame thing so far if true.

dabookerman said:
Yeah, what a time to screw that up. How come there isn't a button to press then input it, i am very prone to mistakes x_x
*cough* *cough'* preview button. lol Hey Book, can you answer my question about the ipod, I really want to know if I can load up my Aphex twin archives.

ZiZ

I just finished the game.

first I'd like to say that the gameplay is the best of all Metal Gears.

that said,
I feel that Kojima was trying too hard to make Raiden look cool (that whole thing with the ark and before the end was pushing it too far).

Another thing is that the codec conversations weren't as good as the previous games. There were only two people you could call, one of them we were better off without.

There was also too much drama and some of the scenes were just too cheesy.

but all in all it's a great game. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

just a matter of opinion, in poll form for those who are finished, which involves no spoilers whatsoever:

i consider mgs3 to be the strongest of the series, in story and effective storytelling. does this one top it or your top mgs of choice?

what aspect did it for you, if you don't mind me asking as well

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Do you get any bonus based on which difficulty you played? I planned to finish it on all difficultys but to start with the easiest one. But if there are some great bonus rewards I might play it first on a harder difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom