• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiZ

Mr. Spinnington said:
just a matter of opinion, in poll form for those who are finished, which involves no spoilers whatsoever:

i consider mgs3 to be the strongest of the series, in story and effective storytelling. does this one top it or your top mgs of choice?

what aspect did it for you, if you don't mind me asking as well

actually no. my favorite is the 3rd as well. this one just has too much "LOL Drama" moment's.

ItsInMyVeins said:
With how much of that being cutscenes/codec-talk?

probably most of it. :lol

I finished it in 24 hours.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
GREAT SUCCESS!!

Showed up at Walmart @ 8, they opened @ 7. Walked to electronics to find 3 MGS3 Bundles still there. Also got the giftcard no problem.

:D :D :D :D

acm2000

lambchop said:
well thats what i mean ... i don't want to be put on jpn servers if the people i wanna play are NZ/aus

if the game does put you on regionalised servers ... what determines which server region ..the game or the console.

i have a NZ ps3, if i put a asian MGS4 in it will i be able to play fellow kiwi's /aussies?

so those of you with import games runing on yr locallu sourced consoles ...can you see your local mates online in the game or are they all foreigners ?

it would be the game that decides, not the console, i dont see it changing from MGO beta to the final version.

ie, live in europe, jap ps3, euro game, you would get euro servers

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
has anyone watched their bluray documentaries yet? does it make you feel like the LE was worth the extra price? i'm wondering wether i should just save the money and buy the regular copy.

womfalcs3

Banned
Leaving in one hour to get it. I'll run an errand then make my way to Circuit City, which opens at 10 AM (Why open at 10? 9 at the latest.).

Pezking

FUCK! Spoiler-alert!

Don't go in Extras -> Online -> Music!

There's currently one track available for download, and in it's description there's a huge spoiler.

acm2000

Pezking said:
FUCK! Spoiler-alert!

Don't go in Extras -> Online -> Music!

There's currently one track available for download, and in it's description there's a huge spoiler.

konami put a spoiler for their own game, in the dlc audio track? :lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Got the last PS3 80 gig bundle in stock from Walmart at 7 fucking 20 in the morning. This thing may be more popular than I thought it would be, I mean it sold out 20 mins after the store opened.

$h@d0w

Got my euro LE.

This is so geeky to admit this but I cried a bit on the intro - I've been looking forward to this game for too long :D

burgerdog

30 more minutes for me! Already took a shower, ate, did dishes, and vacuumed! All that is left to do is wait for gs to open so I can go pick it up and then play! I'm so excited, especially after waking up and reading gaf's impressions, omgggg. I could not sleep at all last night even though I was batshit tired :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
Picture001.jpg

:)

I just couldn't resist...

Hopefully one day, I'll be able to get the strategy guide and gamecase signed by members of the team.

*cross fingers*

BTW

I'm 36,419/43,000

Blablurn

I need help ._. It's about the second boss fight!

Otacaon says Raging Raven overheats after some time. but where can i find her when she is cooling down? i guess this is the best time to attack her

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I've just been getting used to the controls for the first hour of playing, so I've been taking my time, but so far so good.

Pezking

acm2000 said:
konami put a spoiler for their own game, in the dlc audio track? :lol

Yes.

The track is called
Conclusion
, and it's description says:
"A song representing Old Snake's will to fight as he once again confronts his archenemy, Liquid."

And at the same time, the Blu-ray comes with a warning-flyer for spoilers...

I avoided all trailers since TGS, and now this crap happens right before I start the game!

acm2000

ZiZ said:
their trailers are full of spoilers.

well, depends what you class as a spoiler, some people are so bloody anal, SSBB thread was a great example, really quite pathetic :p

Pezking said:
Yes.

The track is called
Conclusion
"A song representing Old Snake's will to fight as he once again confronts his archenemy, Liquid."

And at the same time, the Blu-ray comes with a warning-flyer for spoilers...

I avoided all trailers since TGS, and now this crap happens right before I start the game!

aaahahaha thats gold, what were konami thinking :lol although to be fair, its quite obvious, but still :lol

ZiZ

Blablurn said:
I need help ._. It's about the second boss fight!

Otacaon says Raging Raven overheats after some time. but where can i find her when she is cooling down? i guess this is the best time to attack her

you'll find her on one of the rooftops nearby. try looking out the windows.

well, depends what you class as a spoiler, some people are so bloody anal, SSBB thread was a great example, really quite pathetic :p

I'd say
Big Mama
is a spoiler.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Pezking said:
Yes.

The track is called
Conclusion
This is supposed to be a spoiler? Come on man.

Blablurn

ZiZ said:
you'll find her on one of the rooftops nearby. try looking out the windows.

from the top of my building? or can is also see her from the bottom? she overheated two times and i just dont find her :/

Safe Bet

Banned
I'm only a couple hours in but my mind is already wondering...

First Hour Spoiler - Minor:

If he remebers The Boss, Snake must have inherieted memories from Big Boss somehow.

IIUC

This is believed scientifically impossible but until fairly recently so was human instinct (inherited behavior).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociobiology

- Sociobiology has become one of the greatest scientific controversies of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, especially in the context of explaining human behavior. Criticism, most notably made by Richard Lewontin and Stephen Jay Gould, centers on sociobiology's contention that genes play a central role in human behavior and that variation in traits such as aggressiveness can be explained by variation in peoples' biology and is not necessarily a product of the person's social environment. Many sociobiologists, however, cite a complex relationship between nature and nurture.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/eowilson/

- Founder of Sociobiology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_versus_nurture

- The nature vs nurture debate

PS

If anyone thinks I should spoiler tag more of this post, just ask.

Two questions for people who were out buying MGS4-

Is the LE really worth an extra $25? It seems to be having pretty poor resale value.

Did the stores you were at have a lot of 80GB Bundle units? or were they scarce, and getting sold out?

rubso

Banned
Blablurn said:
from the top of my building? or can is also see her from the bottom? she overheated two times and i just dont find her :/
to ease up the battle, buy a bazooka or something like it from Drebin, go to the top of the building or the floor below it, and wait for her to show up, the time I beat her she was flying all around the building, she is slow and bigger than the unnamed things those are flying next to her, If you need Drebin points just shoot down unnamed flying things.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
SonOfABeep said:
Did the stores you were at have a lot of 80GB Bundle units? or were they scarce, and getting sold out?

Sold out within 20 mins at my local Walmart (I got the last one :D ), don't know what the situation's liek elsewhere but I expect it to be sold out everywhere for the rest of the week.

I'm up and ready to go...I pick it up in 45 mins and I'm excited as hell!!! I can't believe I actually was able to sleep last night...Thanks Nyquil:lol

CoilShot

Mattlikewhoa said:
I'm up and ready to go...I pick it up in 45 mins and I'm excited as hell!!! I can't believe I actually was able to sleep last night...Thanks Nyquil:lol

I got 45 mins also.... can't wait!

Safe Bet

Banned
SonOfABeep said:
Is the LE really worth an extra $25? It seems to be having pretty poor resale value.
If its going to go up in value, its going to take awhile imo.

I saw alot of people buying LEs last night.

God, this game is so fun, experimental players are going to have a field day. I've been messing around killing and sneaking and playing with the gear and weapons and toying with the friendly and unfriendly AI and exploring every nook and cranny and running from Gekkos and bothering Otacon and even changing the color of the windows. This might take me 40 hours to beat.

Double D

Roxas said:
So does anyone have an idea what in the FUCK the
intro was about? (the gameshow thing :lol

Yeah, I came here to post this. This is my only other MGS game besides 2, so I was really baffled at what was going on. At one point I looked at my receiver to make sure the input didn't switch to TV.

Anyways, the game is awesome so far. I've probably only played an hour, but it has been some pretty great stuff. Glad I bought into the hype :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom