• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcian

nextwish said:
Got my hands on the Japanese LE as well today. Here's some close up shots:
*lots of pics*

Forgive the pedestrian question, but are there any English subs on the Jpn version? I'm assuming not, but you never know :)

Safe Bet

Banned
grandyu said:
guess canadian EB wont be getting the artbook? damn it looks nice too

canadians got chumped again
Although it sucks you guys didn't get them..

It shouldn't cost to much to pick one up on ebay.

They seemed to have a ton of them.

grandyu said:

My friend called EB yesterday and they still had not received the Limited Editions at his location. Hopefully they will be there this morning.

nextwish

Garcian said:
Forgive the pedestrian question, but are there any English subs on the Jpn version? I'm assuming not, but you never know :)

Unfortunately no english subs on the JPN LE, I just couldnt resist owning that sweet tin casing and awesome coverart

Oni Jazar

Naked Snake said:
What are your impressions of the art book?

Like Safe Bet, it's hard for me to get a good look at it for fear of spoilers. I did flip through it briefly though. The content is a bit thin (only about 20 pages max) but the quality of the images is excellent.

Just played a little last night. My initial impression is that it's Metal Gear through and through only x 1000. If you didn't like it before for the long cutscenes and mind fuckery you're not going to like MGS4. If you think the controls for MGS games are clunky and complex you probably won't like MSG4 - although it has been improved and you get many options on how to play. The thing that gets me with every Metal Gear game is that when your plan of action goes to shit you feel like a chicken with its head cut off running around waiting for the super long alarm to reset.

One thing's for sure: the presentation is TOP notch. They spared no expense on making this game.

Returners

grandyu said:

huh? I was assured by my EB that I'll get the artbook when I pick up my preorder. Me better call them again...

Just got a sweet deal yesterday on a $250 yamaha subwoofer at best buy for $85. It was an open item so I picked it up to complete my 5.1 surround system. I plugged it up and popped in Uncharted to test out the sound, damn I didn't know what I was missing. Now I just have to pick up my copy of MGS4 after work. This is going to be a very long day. 9 more hours long to be exact.

Hixx

Blablurn said:
about act 3:

please tell me how you beat Raging Raven. I'm so desperate right now-_-

Go right to the top floor and wait in the doorway - from time to time she'll just float outside the door giving you free shots. Vary your weapons because they seem to get weaker over time for some reason, but just stay in this doorway and move to the door but DON'T go outside because if she fires, you'll probably end up flying off the building. It'll take quite a long time, but it's very, very easy to do it this way.

grandyu

what?! fuck
that's possible, since i only asked them if they had MGS4 on the phone, not any editions in particular

if true i'll just have to deal with being very irrate

mann this is what happened to the DMC4 launch too, we got it like 4 days late (east coast)

canadian retailers should be able to break street dates when they recieve them early, just to make up for the times that a game would arrive days late. even still we'd still probably average out to be on the snubbed side

MickeyPhree

The GS I preorded at did NOT do a midnight launch. I did stop in yesterday to pay off my preorder and also to pick up the guide.

How the hell am I going to make it through a day of work knowing my copy is ready to be picked up? This sucks.

Quick question to all you sons of bitches :D

I wont have the game till 10 today cause Reno is a damn redneck town but is there spoilers in the Gametrailers review?

DJmizuhara said:
I picked these up on the way home from work...

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg
From where man, WHERE!? D:

Wollan

Blablurn said:
about act 3:

please tell me how you beat Raging Raven. I'm so desperate right now-_-

She's hard to find sometimes but she's hovering outside most of the time. Shoot her with machine gun. That's. It. You can take out her scouts to decrease attacks but it does little imho.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Kibbles said:
Wow the GameTrailers review comments are insane (on the site), apparently 9.3 is not a good score. *rolls-eyes*

Haven't you heard man? If the game is not a 10 it's no good at all!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Drebin was a great addition to this game. The gun customisation is brilliant. Plus he's a pretty cool character.

Pojo

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Quick question to all you sons of bitches :D

I wont have the game till 10 today cause Reno is a damn redneck town but is there spoilers in the Gametrailers review?
If by "are their spoilers" you mean "is there new footage", than yes. But it's nothing I'd qualify as a spoiler that I saw. It just made me want to play the game even more.

U K Narayan said:
10 AM? Or PM?

Because I'm getting it at 3 PM.

Well you beat me 10am but.....I cant play till 6:30 PM hahaha ahhhh a sad attempt at justifying my plight.

Pojo said:
If by "are their spoilers" you mean "is there new footage", than yes. But it's nothing I'd qualify as a spoiler that I saw. It just made me want to play the game even more.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

grandyu

OH man bruce, i misread and thought you said you'd get it 10 DAYS later
hahah well any wait for mgs is a painful one

welp, time to pick up my copy, hope they have my LE

Zeke

only six more hours until I pick my LE copy up. Work is going by so slow right now I'm so tempted to call out friday. Good thing I have a 3 day weekend.

Returners

grandyu said:
what?! fuck
that's possible, since i only asked them if they had MGS4 on the phone, not any editions in particular

if true i'll just have to deal with being very irrate

mann this is what happened to the DMC4 launch too, we got it like 4 days late (east coast)

canadian retailers should be able to break street dates when they recieve them early, just to make up for the times that a game would arrive days late. even still we'd still probably average out to be on the snubbed side

Well big releases are definitely day-to-day with US. Speaking of DMC4, it was weird that the art book for that game isn't included with the LE version i ordered, but I was a regular customer and they gave me someone else's copy :D

maybe you could do that... just ask for one

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I decided to help out the rebels instead of just sneaking around. Its more fun helping them out rather than just trying to sneak away from the battle.

Fuck this thread convinced me, im going to go buy the game right now, my kid is going to be born in less than a month so I guess I need to play somthing amazing before I become a father

Double D

garath said:
For those that have it, is the Dual Shock 3 a 'must have' for MGS4? How much does it add to the experience?

It's the best DS3 implementation I've experienced. It definitely stood out to me. If I didn't have a DS3, and someone let me play the first hour with one, I would go out and buy one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Outtrigger888 said:
Fuck this thread convinced me, im going to go buy the game right now, my kid is going to be born in less than a month so I guess I need to play somthing amazing before I become a father
Who would have thought that the best day of your life would come a month early?

patsu

Outtrigger888 said:

^This... Do it !
I am a father myself.

Your time will be shredded into pieces once your bundle of joy arrives.

Zeke

Vik_Vaughn said:
It's the best DS3 implementation I've experienced. It definitely stood out to me. If I didn't have a DS3, and someone let me play the first hour with one, I would go out and buy one.
picking mine up tomorrow after work so I'll be playing the first half without rumble. Taking my sixaxis in today for store credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom