• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeke

Outtrigger888 said:
Just got back from the store I had to wake up my pregnant girlfriend to buy it for me because I lost my drivers license, she was pretty pissed. Installing now, can anyone give me a good website to read up on the story, havnt played 1,2 and 3 in a few years and would like to refresh my mind, thanks.
you're a barve soul my friend *salutes* :lol

so_awes

Banned
sado said:
Technically that is a spoiler because 2 of the people featured in it were only seen in the trailers, semi-small spoiler though.
OMG OMG OMG im canceling my order right now then going to cut myself!! :(

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
dabookerman said:
This isn't a spoiler, but oh man that this crack me up

Well it is because at the start of the game
Naomi is held captive
so their coming together is potentially a spoiler.

sado

Y'know, things break...
Outtrigger888 said:
Just got back from the store I had to wake up my pregnant girlfriend to buy it for me because I lost my drivers license, she was pretty pissed. Installing now, can anyone give me a good website to read up on the story, havnt played 1,2 and 3 in a few years and would like to refresh my mind, thanks.

Well theres a website that has all the cutscenes available to watch if youre up for it, might even have a timeline if you look hard enough in the site -

http://www.mgstruefans.aimbum.net/mgs3cutscenes.html

RBH

Outtrigger888 said:

ukas

I have a question for LE owners. I was thinking about watching the behind the scenes before playing, is it full of spoilers?

btkadams

first to complete has to tell us non-mgs fans if you need to play the first 3 to understand. this game sounds awesome but i havent played the first 3 and i also kinda suck at stealth games. maybe i should just read one of those articles posted a while back that said "Everything you need to know about MGS1,2,3"

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can some seasoned MGS player tell me if it's better to start game on Solid Normal or Hard difficulty? I played MGS2 first on Normal and MGS3 on Hard (after hearing how Normal is pretty easy) and I enjoyed both played like that.

Kabuki Waq said:
hmm the limited edition didnt really seem very limited in Canada.
I don't think LE is 'limited' at all. It's more of a Special Edition. Nothing like MGS3 LE, that's for sure.

Kastro

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
- Seems to be less codec convos, I went into a cardboard box, called Otacon and got nothing. But the dumpster convo is funny.

Damn, I hope more open up as the game progresses. I used to use the codec like a madman in past MGS games. The convos seemed to be endless, and I always liked trying to find something new to hear after each scene/new area/new item you obtained.

Oni Jazar

Ryan I know you're reading this with a (hopefully) stupid grin on your face from a successful launch! Congratulations on a great game. Nice to hear your podcast while playing! :D

klee123

Mrbob said:
Small nitpick.

Black and White manual for the SE konami? Cheapasses.

Yeeep, it's why I often opt for PAL versions of Konami's games. High quality paper and full colour pages!

That said, the PAL LE of the game is pretty damn hawt.

xray49er

btkadams said:
first to complete has to tell us non-mgs fans if you need to play the first 3 to understand. this game sounds awesome but i havent played the first 3 and i also kinda suck at stealth games. maybe i should just read one of those articles posted a while back that said "Everything you need to know about MGS1,2,3"

I tried that and was still confused. I still got the game anyway

dabookerman said:
This isn't a spoiler, but oh man that this crack me up
SUNNYNAOMI.jpg

It isn't a spoiler.
:lol

bud

klee123 said:
Yeeep, it's why I often opt for PAL versions of Konami's games. High quality paper and full colour pages!

That said, the PAL LE of the game is pretty damn hawt.

the casing for the u.s. one seems to better, though. i saw a small pic of the pal one and it seems to just come in a crappy all-silver one.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Chiggs said:
US Limited Edition is cheap and chintzy. The case is already starting rip and peel.

I honestly don't know how the hell you could do that. You should stop jerking off on it.

Btw, this game kicks ass. The first hour was a bit slow, then it speeds up and doesn't effin' slow down.

purg3

slept with Malkin
DenogginizerOS said:
Hrmm. Is the bonus DVD and the soundtrack worth $25? Hrmmmmm....

$25 for an awesome soundtrack and 2hour doc on blu-ray, yeah I'd say it's worth it. That's why I bought it.

Chiggs said:
US Limited Edition is cheap and chintzy. The case is already starting rip and peel.

lol, you do realize there's a protective film over the cover right? I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that the film on your CE is what's ripping and peeling, not the case itself.

Ahahaha, I love the humor in this game.
Akiba shitting his pants during one of the most intense gunfights so far... ''AKIBA, GET DOWNWIND!''

Thanks for the site, probaly watch all the cut scenes later, I just read up on the story on wikipedia, and it brought back a lot that I forgot, off to go play.........

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
purg3 said:
$25 for an awesome soundtrack and 2hour doc on blu-ray, yeah I'd say it's worth it. That's why I bought it.
Same. I just don't like seeing the case that other regions got and comparing it to the US case. I am not particularly fond of how the case opens. Oh well. Minor nitpicks. The soundtrack alone is what I am interested in. Plus, if the bonus disc is all in HD, taht will be wonderful.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Chiggs said:

Mine too...the inside of it at least. I'm pretty disappointed by the case itself. $85 for this seems pretty excessive...the documentary better be well done. Havent watched it yet though, obviously...

Chiggs

Gold Member
MortalMonkey said:
lol, you do realize there's a protective film over the cover right? I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that the film on your CE is what's ripping and peeling, not the case itself.

It's the inside of the case...the cardboard structure that secures the discs.

Wario64 said:
Mine too...the inside of it at least. I'm pretty disappointed by the case itself. $85 for this seems pretty excessive...the documentary better be well done. Havent watched it yet though, obviously...

Yeah, here's hoping the the documentary is excellent.

schmalz

Kastro said:
fuck I just realized I don't have a DS3.

do I need to make another Target trip before I go home?

I'd like some more feedback on this. How much is rumble integrated into the gameplay? So far I haven't really missed not having a DS3, and I'd rather not buy one unless I totally need to.

Vito

Banned
The EU LE isn't all that special. Sure the figure is decent and we get colors in our manual (oh and the backside of the sleeve is red... yay?). The bluray and game are packed in a shitty silver box. But the US LE comes with the extra artbook and not all of us Europeans got a Metal Gear Saga vol.2 DVD, I'd say the US one is better and the jp. one is the best.

I still have no idea if the jp. LE came with the metal gear saga vol.2 dvd, any info on that? Oh and if I make someone go buy the MGS4 LE today or tomorrow do I still get the metal gear saga dvd and artbook?

Pojo

Banned
The inside is starting to peel? What in the hell are you guys doing to the boxes? Are they made of biodegradable material or something?

*this SE box will self destruct in 5...4...*

Elhandro

MGS4 LE: Got

Dual shock: Got

4 Hours left of Hell at work.

Can anyone post snippets of the 1up reviews, (blocked at work of course) I need something to read while I desperately try and get through the day

Thanks in Advance.

Also....to the OP.....This is an epic Official thread, Konami should be paying you for all your efforts.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Pojo said:
The inside is starting to peel? What in the hell are you guys doing to the boxes? Are they made of biodegradable material or something?

*this SE box will self destruct in 5...4...*

Just removing the top of the case, then putting it back on will cause the corners of the interior cardboard structure to degrade. It's a crummy design, assisted by cheap construction.

Ronin

MGS4 serious business. My PS3 crapped out on me last week and I'm supposed to get my box today to send it off to Sony for repairs. This sucks because I have been waiting for this day for so long. I can't believe it. The game I bought the console for and it rolls over on me.

Reading this thread and getting IMs from friends. I just say fuck it and storm down to Best Buy. Find one MGS4 bundle left on the shelf. I claim that bitch and jet home. So now I have a PS3 ready to be sent off, and I'm getting the last system update for the new one. And I now have two copies of the game.

Only for Kojima's masterpiece will I ever do something like this.

:lol :D

purg3

slept with Malkin
KernelPanic said:
I got the LE largely because I don't like the boxart of the standard edition :lol

Me too, but I needed a rational justification for spending the extra money :lol

Chiggs

Gold Member
Ronin said:
Reading this thread and getting IMs from friends. I just say fuck it and storm down to Best Buy. Find one MGS4 bundle left on the shelf. I claim that bitch and jet home. So now I have a PS3 ready to be sent off, and I'm getting the last system update for the new one. And I now have two copies of the game.

Only for Kojima's masterpiece will I ever do something like this.

:lol :D

Jesus, that's a $500.00 swing.

DrXym

Elhandro said:
MGS4 LE: Got

Dual shock: Got

4 Hours left of Hell at work.

Can anyone post snippets of the 1up reviews, (blocked at work of course) I need something to read while I desperately try and get through the day

The 1up review might give you a case of buyers remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom