• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

HOLY FUCKING SHIT @
the river scene at the end of act 3

my fucking god Kojima, you have blown my mind. That was the most epic and well directed cutscene I have ever seen in my life. BANG

also, am i right in assuming that the total time count counts your continues as well? ive played over 12 hours in the last 24. i cant remember the last time ive played this much.

Blablurn

Ashhong said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT @

my fucking god Kojima, you have blown my mind. That was the most epic and well directed cutscene I have ever seen in my life. BANG

also, am i right in assuming that the total time count counts your continues as well? ive played over 12 hours in the last 24. i cant remember the last time ive played this much.

yeah, that was so fucking awesome...wow. i'm still stunned T_T

Sidzed2

GamerGeorge said:
How to beat
Vamp: inject him with the syringe.

EDIT: I'm still having trouble with Screaming Mantis. Even using the sniper rifle, I can't get a hit in.

Hmmm, how to beat Mantis... well,
He is controlling you via your nanomachines which is affecting your aim...if only there was a way to somehow stop this...hmmm, I wonder?

Angst

Got the game yesterday. Actually I was kind of scared to start playing. I’ve been anticipating this game for so long I was afraid to be let down..

First impression - 8 minutes of install only took me 4 mins. Nice!

Second impression - wow at the titel screen. I watched it for a long time :D

I’ve only played for a couple of hours and so far it’s really, really good. Can’t wait to get out of work and play some more.

Ashhong said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT @

The total time even counts the time you leave the game paused. I started playing today at 10 am, and left the thing on until around 3:30. It said my total playtime was 15:30 even though throughout that time I took a 4 hour nap, cut the grass, among other things, lol.

Ashhong

makingmusic476 said:
The total time even counts the time you leave the game paused. I started playing today at 10 am, and left the thing on until around 3:30. It said my total playtime was 15:30 even though throughout that time I took a 4 hour nap, cut the grass, among other things, lol.

hm thats weird. instead of pausing, i pressed the HOME button while during a codec convo, and watched the basketball game. it didnt seem like it counted that..maybe

Lmao, watching this reactions is amazing.

Just finished Act 1 in 45 mins, no kills, no rec items used, no alerts.

Time for Act 2 and with that, pics of Laughing Octopus ass will be up later on.

Teknoman

Pewp said:
What the hell am I doing wrong with CQC? How do you grab someone and hold them from behind?

Stand still then do the hold R1 action. If you even move the analog the slightest bit, it registers as a throw. Sneak up behind them then press and hold R1 without doing anything else. Or do the same in front.

Act 4 was my favourite so far.

Acts 1 and 2 were great too.

Act 3 was a snoozefest
outside the chase
. Even the boss was dull.

Act 5 seems pretty cool so far.

Does anybody else have trouble sticking people up? It usually works when the target is standing up or lying down, but sometimes it doesn't. When they are crouched it NEVER seems to work.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the typical "End of Act
: WOW!" post, but end of act 3: WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW HOLY SHIT FUCK YEAH KOJIMA KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HIS FANS WANT

Xtyle

brandonh83 said:
yeah, I... oh fuck it, I don't know.

I called 2 friends right after finishing that act and I was just speechless....MGS3 ending chase scene was awesome but this one just pushed it so hard. I loved the slow mo shots...I was like wow fuckkkkk Kojima you did it you son of bitch!!!

SMZC

Hey guys, without giving any spoiler, how is the last act? I haven't heard anything about it, except that it's the worst one of the game. Is it true?

John_B

Is the Stealth Camo buyable? I'm in the last chapter and I have a shit load of points, but I'm not so comfortable about using them if it turns out you can buy all sorts of cool stuff after completion.

So, I pretty much played this all day - yesterday.

This game is really something. I haven't played such a high quality game since Vagrant Story. Vagrant Story is my favorite game of all time, too.

Before these next generation consoles came out, I always wondered which game would end up defining the "next-gen experience" for me. Despite all the "next-gen" games I've played, they never made a large impact on me. Metal Gear Solid 4, though? Oh -- it achieves that impact alright. I never thought it would end up doing that, either.

I spent six hours on Act I.

I'm currently on Act II. I'm pretty early into the chapter. I'm loving every bit of this game.

WTF @ Campbell being
MARRIED TO ROSE.

Oh, and those briefings. Man, you have to love how they did everything in this game. SO MUCH detail. SO MANY new experiences does this game have to offer.

Just beat Act 3.

This game is fucking amazing.

If you are on Act II and climaxing already then by Act III you'll be blowing your load while shitting your pants with joy.

eso76

I just noticed the menu has options for face camo.
I guess it has something to do with (beginning of act 2 spoiler)
laughing octopus ability to mimic other characters' faces, like maybe you'll get it from her ?
maybe that'll give me the ability to make old snake look like young snake ? : )

Also, shocked at (mid act2 spoiler)
ROSE GOT MARRIED TO ROY CAMPBELL ?? i hope it turns out she just did in hope to be able to track down Jack, otherwise that would be pretty fucked up. Also, Mei Ling getting a promotion for 'being' with some old guy ? what's up with that, Kojima ? feeling old ?

oh, and how many acts in total?

i've got about 12.5 hours in at the end of act 3. not sure what percentage i'm at or how much longer things will last. i don't really want the game to end :(

dk_

How can you threaten someone with a gun when you sneak behind him?

When I walk slowly towards him with L1 held, he just turns around and fires at me.

Cronen

Mr. Spinnington said:
oh, and how many acts in total?

i've got about 12.5 hours in at the end of act 3. not sure what percentage i'm at or how much longer things will last. i don't really want the game to end :(

There are
Acts.

Just beat the game.

16 hours on Easy. Fucking hell
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many cut-scenes, loading screens and install screens.

Awesome when you get to actually play it.

The last few hours of the game are pretty much non-stop cut-scenes and loading screens though, which pissed me off.

Just finishing watching the final cut-scenes now.

Cardon

This game is awesome but my favorite part are the
live action PMC commercials
. I knew that element was going to be in the game but the execution of it is so damn good and the visuals are just like wow that my mind just blew up due to the shear awesomeness of it.

AniHawk

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just finishing watching the final cut-scenes now.

I really didn't like (final cutscene/ending spoiler guys. Do not read further if you haven't gotten there yet)
the final cutscene. BB just sorta shows up, goes through a checklist of things that hadn't been explained yet, and dies. All the other fanservicey stuff I've seen has been really cool though.

Cronen

MGS4 is the first game in a long while which I've bought a lot of stuff related to it. I have the game (of course), the strategy guide, the US strategy guide in the post and I've just ordered 2 of the Uniqlo t-shirts. I also want a Snake figure...

AniHawk said:
I really didn't like (final cutscene/ending spoiler guys. Do not read further if you haven't gotten there yet)
the final cutscene. BB just sorta shows up, goes through a checklist of things that hadn't been explained yet, and dies. All the other fanservicey stuff I've seen has been really cool though.

I got a different ending to you I think.

I beat it on easy.

EDIT: Oh, shit!!! Wait there's more.

Thanks Ani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom