• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobs34

Sage00 said:
Did you read the review? You'll hate the game more than ever before, detractor. :p

Ha Ha, yeah I know, but hopefully the good will outweigh the bad this time. The controls look they are better this time around and hopefully the end-game story will keep me interested all the way through. I truly am looking forward to this game.

Lakitu

st5fu
hirokazu said:
Really? How do you know that? Unless they mention the location specifically, (locations spoilers??)
and if so, where is it? Because otherwise, I'd just assume they were talking about Shadow Moses Island

They said the locations were (Final Warning: If you REALLY don't want to spoil the final location, don't read this):
Middle East, South America, Eastern Europe, Shadow Moses and the origins of the whole saga, which I guess should be Outer Heaven from Metal Gear.

Exempted

Banned
Lakitu said:
They said the locations were (Final Warning: If you REALLY don't want to spoil the final location, don't read this):
Middle East, South America, Eastern Europe, Shadow Moses and the origins of the whole saga, which I guess should be Outer Heaven from Metal Gear.
AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Aladuf

Banned
Amazing thread. I just took a bit to look over the OP and watch some of the trailers and that cemented my interest in this. I was a bit unsure before because I've never played a Metal Gear game (wasn't a PS2 guy for the most part) but MGS4 looks fucking awesome!
*goes to preorder MGS4*

Paracelsus said:
2ev9czm.jpg

Posted in the comments section
You brazilian, dude? :D

Haunted

syllogism said:
Hey guys they just changed it to 6

edit: back to 8
:lol well played.

Some in here grasping for straws to discredit Eurogamer's review.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What the heck is going on?
Eurogamer gives MGS4 a Laudatio, a great review, really (with an 8/10 tacked on the end), MGS fans search for something to discredit EG's integrity with and fall prey to someone photoshopping a 9/10 score into the review.

Haunted

SolidSnakex said:
Nah, the actual text of the review did that.
*shrug* I thought the review was very positive.

edit: damn, I can't get over how good the OP is - just read through the MGS timeline and summaries. Good stuff.

X26

Banned
Score aside, the review comes off as real amateur job, doesn't read at all like a professional piece of work

Bigmac573

Banned
Tom Penny said:
The only thing thing I leared about the Eurogamer review is that Grid is better. Therefore i'm buying that game instead.
lol, Because we all know that 8 from EDGE kept the world from buying Bioshock...jackass.

Costanza

Banned
Aladuf23 said:
Amazing thread. I just took a bit to look over the OP and watch some of the trailers and that cemented my interest in this. I was a bit unsure before because I've never played a Metal Gear game (wasn't a PS2 guy for the most part) but MGS4 looks fucking awesome!
*goes to preorder MGS4*
ugh

Playing MGS4 first is a mistake... Pick up the Essentials collection for 29.99 and play through those first AND THEN get MGS4.

Mets39

BruceLeeroy:

You made a little mistake about the EU bundle. Here is the right one:

51KS1Ra-6XL._SS500_.jpg

And the EU LE:

yvrefn8x.jpg

(juste because it's beautiful :D )

darkvir

Euphor!a said:
Yeah, the best part is when Eurogamer said they should stop making MGS games -_-.

No kidding! I'd have to say Eurogamer should shut down their site. I suppose they wrote that R* should stop making GTA games too.

The whole is 9 -> 8 bit is WTF.

On a serious note, i've never cared for Eurogamer's opinions.

Aladuf

Banned
Costanza said:
ugh

Playing MGS4 first is a mistake... Pick up the Essentials collection for 29.99 and play through those first AND THEN get MGS4.

I know, but I have no choice. I don't have a PS2 and my PS3 is a 40 gb. :(

Edit: I am trying to learn up on the story though.

darkvir

Got a question:

3 launch events are taking place: NY, LA and Tokyo

anybody know what/when kind of launch event is taking place in Tokyo?

Tideas

Banned
human reasoning and human logic never fails to impress me. Or the lack of it. The OP was awesome.

But you guys who are "Eurogamer is unprofessional (umm, I don't think game review sites are anymore professional than your blog site)," or "I don't care for Eurogamer" is getting pretty ridiculous.

So, back to the game. Anybody excited? 2 weeks left!

Baha

Tideas said:
human reasoning and human logic never fails to impress me. Or the lack of it. The OP was awesome.

But you guys who are "Eurogamer is unprofessional (umm, I don't think game review sites are anymore professional than your blog site)," or "I don't care for Eurogamer" is getting pretty ridiculous.

So, back to the game. Anybody excited? 2 weeks left!

I am fucking stoked, I managed to replay all three solid games (mgs3 for the 1st time no less) and the 1080p 2006 E3 trailer released on the Euro PSN isn't making things easier. The only other thing that'll tide me over till mgs4 hits is ZOE 2 which I'm expecting next week (bought it off ebay) :D

Mets39

keyrat said:
I can't believe you guys have derailed this thread to talk about Eurogamer, one fucking publication.

i think people prepare themself, because when gamespot; 1Up/EGM reviews will hit ...

Can we get over the EG review now? And can "sceptics" please stop coming by and dropping their "8 isn't a bad score" and ralize that no one cares about the score?

The review goes something like: I hate MGS for it's cut scenes, the game is awesome, but I won't tell you why, because I don't care about gameplay and improvements made to the series, because Kojima is still behind everyone else in making video games, we don't want to see Snake again lololololololololllololololllolololloolol.

One of the worst reviews for major game release I've seen in recent years, if not the worst. That's that.

The Chef

Mets39 said:
Any Nastasha Romanenko love ?:D Or Mei Ling at least :p

Since you asked you get first dibs on which one you want (not much luck on Nastasha but I will keep looking):

Here are some others I made this morning. Remember if you want to use one as your avatar be sure to rehost.

traveler

Not Wario
Oh, it's just the text then? Well, in that case, I think all those unabashedly glowing reviews have a lot more to answer for than Eurogamer's.

NeoUltima

I do feel that game is getting unjustly reviewed in that these reviewers are basing it off a preview/review build that did not include MGO. I mean wow....these reviews are not even touching on the game's full-fledged multiplayer mode.

Does nobody else care about this? Jesus.

It is funny how one review can cause so much trouble. Eurogamer took some jabs at the game, but they didn't say it was shit or anything.

Let's get back to what this thread's about: Some mother f'ing Metal Gear!

Now what I want to know is more about how the gun mods work. Can you use Drebin points on the spot or do you have to personally go to him to get the mods? Reviewers should have more details like that.

Rainy Dog

criesofthepast said:
reading the eurogamer review left a bad taste in my mouth. this being my all time favorite game series, i know i can get a bit defensive, naturally. but it just felt like the reviewer had made up his mind long before he played the game himself.

Thats really what I've being trying to point out. Anyhow, its all difference of opinion at the end of the day and already by the by now. We should get back to resuming service to Bruce's incredible OP :)

You know what I desperately want from MGS4...possibly more than anything else, even over it being truly Game of F*cking Forever)? For it to do the impossible. Something even more impossible than actually living up to the hype...I mean something nigh on miraculous.

Sell PS3's in Japan. And not just for a week but to open the flood gates and genuinely establish some long term love for the PS3 over there so Japanese developers to have an ownership base to bother making games for.

Please happen.

traveler said:
Oh, it's just the text then? Well, in that case, I think all those unabashedly glowing reviews have a lot more to answer for than Eurogamer's.
Those glowing reviews go in depth about every aspect of the game, this "review" does nothing and ends with a typo and spoonful of hate for the game.

traveler said:

You mean those "unabashedly glowing reviews" that go into great detail about the gameplay? Something this Eurogamer review doesn't do.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Choke on the Magic said:
It is funny how one review can cause so much trouble. Eurogamer took some jabs at the game, but they didn't say it was shit or anything

Did you read the Snake don't come back part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom