• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Servo said:
10-gate

Score change on Eurogamer confirmed! :lol

What epic fail on Eurogamer, I won't be taking them seriously from now on.

DAMN THE PATRIOTS!

It was always an 8 when I looked at it.

Walshicus

hirokazu said:
WTF, they bowed to pressure? Weak! If you're gonna have your own view, you gotta have the legs stand with it, not change your mind coz a bunch of rabid fans are on your ass!
The score is still 8/10 as of one minute ago - I just checked.

Forsete

Did anyone actually see the 9? A screenshot like that would be easy to fake. 1 hour and 45 minutes in Photoshop should do it.

Baha

Do we really need to keep talking about this review score? In the grand scheme of things, it won't matter one bit once we all sit down to play the game. Let's try to recover the epicness of the 1st page of this thread before it spiraled downwards into a review score shitstorm.

Chromax

NeoUltima said:
Well when they realize they didn't factor MGO into the review, they better change it back to a 9.

That's not the reason it was dropped... Went to a 8 cause it didn't ran on the 360 after 7 tries!

FabCam

Lakitu said:
Eurogamer is a joke :lol by far the worst gaming website

I just read their Resistance review and can now totally agree. They talk about the Hailstorm being in the online game. What a joke :lol

Mets39

Another French Review:

JeuxActu: 18/20

+

* Intrigue incroyablement riche et recherchée
* Que de scènes d'anthologies
* Une ambiance unique, fantastique
* Très puissant émotionnellement
* Balaye toutes les interrogations
* Des possibilités inouïes
* Prise en main plus souple et intuitive
* Un système de caméra qui mettra tout le monde d'accord
* Des clins d'oeil en veux-tu en voilà
* Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa, Harry Gregson-Williams et les autres

-

* Quelques réelles longueurs
* Destiné uniquement aux fans
* Des textures parfois grossières
* I.A. un peu limite

Nothing realy new again, so don't know if translate it is worthy.

AAK

You guys need to calm down... it's just a review. The game isn't going to get straight 10's everywhere. There obviously are some flaws that turned some people off. Just be prepared to see a lot more scores in the 80's range.

traveler

Not Wario
Forsete said:
Did anyone actually see the 9? A screenshot like that would be easy to fake. 1 hour and 45 minutes in Photoshop should do it.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering this too. If we know it was an 8 first and we know it's a 8 now- why the hell would they change it and then change it back? Technical glitch? 'Shop? I mean, maybe there is some legitimate concern here in regards to corporate pressure or something, but that seems extremely weird to me, given the current score posted. Besides, Eurogamer is usually pretty on the ball; I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

syllogism said:
Hey guys they just changed it to 6

edit: back to 8

:lol :lol :lol

/bow

hirokazu

Doc Evils said:
They changed it back to 8.

Eurotrash = EPICFAIL.
Looks more like the guy who made the screenshot just changed the HTML and Eurogamer never changed it themselves, but I don't know anymore.

I'm gonna go back to sitting this out -_-"

Baha

Lakitu said:
JeuxVideo say about the final location SPOILER
we go back to the origins of the saga

???

I think at this point, anybody reading this thread who calls themselves a fan has already figured it out for themselves. Hell they showed it in a video not too long either :)

those of you calling an 8/10 a good score for this game obviously don't understand exactly what MGS4 means to sony loyalist's and more importantly, fans of the series. this isn't just some random game people have been looking forward to for a long while, this is THE game.

reading the eurogamer review left a bad taste in my mouth. this being my all time favorite game series, i know i can get a bit defensive, naturally. but it just felt like the reviewer had made up his mind long before he played the game himself.

Lakitu

st5fu
Baha said:
I think at this point, anybody reading this thread who calls themselves a fan has already figured it out for themselves. Hell they showed it in a video not too long either :)

Really?? BTW... that is location separate from
Shadow Moses

Words can't really describe just how awesome the OP of this thread is - BLR I commend you on all of the hard work that you've put into this thread. D:

I absolutely cannot wait for this game to come out, but I'm definitely not going to let the hype/reviews overwhelm me like it does for other games because I know that it's my view of the game that matters over anyone else's.

jacobs34

Have you guys actually read the EuroGamer reveiw, it's quite good. Maybe the score was meant to make fanboys actually want to read the review. I really hate having to quantify someting as abstract as a game review. If people aren't smart enough to get the jist of a games worth from the written review then they shouldn't be allowed to play games, they should be in school working on their reading comprehension.

Anyways, the game looks to be excellent, I just hope to God that the story is good. I always get fed up with the long ass cutscenes before the game is over. Can't wait to check it out.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
jacobs34 said:
Have you guys actually read the EuroGamer reveiw, it's quite good. Maybe the score was meant to make fanboys actually want to read the review. I really hate having to quantify someting as abstract as a game review. If people aren't smart enough to get the jist of a games worth from the written review then they shouldn't be allowed to play games, they should be in school working on their reading comprehension.

Anyways, the game looks to be excellent, I just hope to God that the story is good. I always get fed up with the long ass cutscenes before the game is over. Can't wait to check it out.
Did you read the review? You'll hate the game more than ever before, detractor. :p

Euphor!a

Banned
jacobs34 said:

Yeah, the best part is when Eurogamer said they should stop making MGS games -_-.

jacobs34 said:
Have you guys actually read the EuroGamer reveiw, it's quite good.

Yeah, if you go and check when the review first was posted in this thread you'll quickly learn that it's the text that people are talking about.

hirokazu

Lakitu said:
Really?? BTW... that is location separate from
Shadow Moses
Really? How do you know that? Unless they mention the location specifically, (locations spoilers??)
and if so, where is it? Because otherwise, I'd just assume they were talking about Shadow Moses Island

Pojo

Banned
I sometimes wonder why i even come to NeoGAF when reviews for games I love hit the internet.

WHO GIVES A SHIT. They did the same thing with MGS3 and, after awhile, MGS2. This isn't universally a 10 game. Not many people like to sit through hours of cutscenes, and not everyone has an emotional bond with the cast of characters. Hell, not everyone cares for stealth gameplay. 8/10 from Eurogamer sounds like a typical Eurogamer score. No surprises.

But really. If they say it's the best MGS game ever, what do we as fans have to worry about? It's a relatively new phenomenon that every game has to get 10s, and people explode when they don't. Once you realize how superficial it all is, you just stop caring.

Tom Servo

Guys, that screencap showing Photoshop in the applications in Task Manager was NOT posted in the comments. Just thought I'd let you know.

The score has been changed back to an 8 from a 9. Plenty of people saw it in the comments.

antiloop

Mets39 said:
Another French Review:

JeuxActu: 18/20

+

* Intrigue incroyablement riche et recherchée
* Que de scènes d'anthologies
* Une ambiance unique, fantastique
* Très puissant émotionnellement
* Balaye toutes les interrogations
* Des possibilités inouïes
* Prise en main plus souple et intuitive
* Un système de caméra qui mettra tout le monde d'accord
* Des clins d'oeil en veux-tu en voilà
* Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa, Harry Gregson-Williams et les autres

-

* Quelques réelles longueurs
* Destiné uniquement aux fans
* Des textures parfois grossières
* I.A. un peu limite

Nothing realy new again, so don't know if translate it is worthy.

Je t'aime Solid Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom