• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
What difficulty is everyone playing at? I'm on Solid Normal but I'm starting to think I should have done Naked Normal. Without the Soliton Radar, it's really jarring jumping out and holding up one guard, and then another guard you totally didn't know about happens to see you. I'm not used to this new style of MGS gameplay.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just beat it... no comments.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
SephCast said:
Fact or Fiction:

The
Split Screen Long Walk of Death
in Act 5 is one of your favorite gaming moments, ever. We shall call it SSLWD from now on.

Fact.

Oh and Costanza, maybe a video?
Possible fact. I'm not sure if it tops...

Act 4 spoiler
Infiltrating Shadow Moses with the "The Best is Yet to Come" playing in the background

or

End spoiler
Fighting Liquid Ocelot with various MGS music playing in the background

Flo_Evans

Woohoo finally finished.

Eagle rank! Is that good? IDK I got way to many alerts and too many kills. :lol

Tried out online a few rounds! seems nice! Is there a GAF clan yet?

um BAD ASS. I don't know what else to say. Need another playthru! :D

Wow. Amazing. I went pretty fast my first playthrough. Not too much time exploring. And lots of kills. Here's my result screens:
Act 1 Act 2 Act 3 Act 4 Act 5
So my total playtime was barely over 17 hours. Next playthrough, I'm gonna try to explore every nook and cranny.

DrBo42

Just got through the game. I'm shocked at the quality, and the time put into this game. Definitely not the best boss fights in the series, honestly no where close to The End or The Boss, but a satisfying total package.

jvalioli

DrBo42 said:
Just got through the game. I'm shocked at the quality, and the time put into this game. Definitely not the best boss fights in the series, honestly no where close to The End or The Boss, but a satisfying total package.
Yeah, someone here told us that there was a boss fight better than The End. Couldn't figure out what boss he was referring to since none of them are that good.

Atomspike

Just finished act 2 and HOLY SMOKES , this game fucking delivers in every aspect.
and it's just me or this game has the Hottest females in a video game ever?!
Laughing Octopus was so hot when she lost her tentacle suit that i couldn't shoot her with real bullets , i just kept shooting her with the tranquilizer instead! :lol and don't start me on Naomi and Rosemary...

kiryogi

Banned
Magnus said:
My mind must have lapsed and missed a few important details.
Proxy AIs? You don't mean the three accompanying AIs to GW, do you? And when did they insert this program into Snake?

I've gotta say, the nanomachine phenomenon as the cure-all to solutions or the cause-all to problems got really frustrating and annoying as the game progressed.

Also, wtf? You're still required to install game data on a replay at Act intervals? Seriously?

The proxy AIs, being JD and all that yes. Minus GW as we know now its more of a wildcard since it's under the control of Ocelot. The new foxdie was injected when Drebin gave him the shot in the beginning.

djkimothy

Atomspike said:
Just finished act 2 and HOLY SMOKES , this game fucking delivers in every aspect.
Laughing Octopus was so hot when she lost her tentacle suit that i couldn't shoot her with real bullets , i just kept shooting her with the tranquilizer instead! :lol and don't start me on Naomi and Rosemary...

Yah, I was quite impressed with the female models. ;)

DrBo42

jvalioli said:
Yeah, someone here told us that there was a boss fight better than The End. Couldn't figure out what boss he was referring to since none of them are that good.
There were multiple OH SHIT moments in this game that brought a smile to my face. However none of the BB Corps fights did that. Missed potential in this game, kinda sad.

MercuryLS

Banned
sykoex said:
What difficulty is everyone playing at? I'm on Solid Normal but I'm starting to think I should have done Naked Normal. Without the Soliton Radar, it's really jarring jumping out and holding up one guard, and then another guard you totally didn't know about happens to see you. I'm not used to this new style of MGS gameplay.

Threat ring is your friend.

tass0

Banned
I feel... strange... I finished MGS4 today, holy shit.

I wish the game could of been longer. Fuck. I've completed it in 17 hours overall, truly amazing. 10/10

I feel sad.. knowing this is the last one... I just want to see more of Solid Snake.

Well done, Kojima.

Durante

Atomspike said:
I agree. It certainly helps that it also has the best hair rendering in any video game ever. [/hair rendering fetish]

Darkpen said:
If you didn't go on the nomad with the mk II on the first playthrough, or at least, up until the 4th mission briefing, if you pick up the camera on the 4th mission briefing, exclusive photos of naomi and sunny are included with the camera.
a5g77q.jpg

:lol

1stStrike

Banned
*is listening to, "The best is yet to come"*

So many memories drudged up in this game. It also really helps that I went through the entire metal gear series before MGS4 came out.

I did a bit of MGO last night. Everyone is running around with sniper rifles trying to be The End =\ I imagine it'll work itself out though. Is there a GAF clan yet? I'd be interested in getting with some peeps and playing some real games.

My PSN is striketh and my MGO nick is 1stStrike. Look me up if you wanna play a bit. I don't have a bluetooth mic atm, but it's on order and should be here soon.

I'm definitely replaying the game and going to get myself the stealth camo though. So many possibilities I never explored on the first play through, and so many things I missed even with 20 hours of game time.

Wollan

IamMattFox said:
I beat the game earlier today. It was a fantastic experience the whole way through.

I took one picture during the game, and it revealed something neat that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Act III spoiler:
The three robotic armed things that were dressed in a white jacket and hat that follow you into the church actually follow you while you're trailing the resistance member. I took a picture of the resistance member when he was peeing in the park, and lo and behold the jacketed robot thing is there peeking at him. :lol

I'm surprised I didn't notice it when I was playing the actual game. Maybe I'll look for it next time.

*mind blown*

TwIsTeD

so i havent completed the game yet but i heard something about if you beat the game in under 5 hours with no alerts or kills and you get the octicamo face of big boss????

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Shapingo said:
Beauty and the Beast battles

I didn't know I was supposed to beat the girls after their armor was off without killing them. I just shot laughing octopus to death, but you are able to just wear down their physce gauges and they just collapse in exhaustion. I let them grab me, then just shook them off, then pressed triangle and it flips them; do it 4 times and they give up; even with more than half their life left. You get different cut scenes as well.

I wonder if doing this affects the game in anyway?

What the fuck????

I hope it doesn't change anything like the ENDING because that means I have to replay the game (which is not a bad thing)

And no, don't spoil the ending for me, I am in act IV.

Dead

well not really...yet
On Act II, just beat
Laughing Octopus

DAMN, they really did a good job on rendering the female models in this game, first Naomi and now this :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Dead said:
On Act II, just beat
Laughing Octopus

DAMN, they really did a good job on rendering the female models in this game, first Naomi and now this :lol

QFT, the females are really hot.

Too bad you can't play as them.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but...

ACT IV Spoiler:

Shadow Moses is still haunted. :D Hope you got that camera and remember the locations of some of the ghosts.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hcoregamer00 said:
QFT, the females are really hot.

Too bad you can't play as them.
Well, when I beat
Laughing Octopus, I got her face as a face camo, so I sort of can!
:lol

Datrio

Revolutionary said:
ACT IV Spoiler:

Shadow Moses is still haunted. :D Hope you got that camera and remember the locations of some of the ghosts.
Seriously!? My God, the detail they did in
recreating Shadow Moses
is just amazing!

Just starting Act V. The Best is Yet to Come!

tha_con

Banned
So I'm playing
Laughing Octopus
. Does she take a BUNCH of hits from the Tranq gun to put out of her misery? Seems like it's doing NOTHING.

Dead

well not really...yet
tha_con said:
So I'm playing
Laughing Octopus
. Does she take a BUNCH of hits from the Tranq gun to put out of her misery? Seems like it's doing NOTHING.
When the battle starts take out her out with regular weapons. Once you beat her, another portion will start where you can take her down with the Tranq gun

tha_con said:
So I'm playing
Laughing Octopus
Get the Mosin for all the boss fights if you want to tranq them to death. Headshots do the trick.

kiryogi

Banned
Datrio said:
Seriously!? My God, the detail they did in
recreating Shadow Moses
is just amazing!

Just starting Act V. The Best is Yet to Come!

Should have seen it before the final. They showed a before and after in the making of video and what tweaks they made for it. And I'm glad they did. If anyone ever gets the chance that didn't get the LE, you should really watching the making of and Kojima's directing. One of the best making ofs I've seen in awhile.

Xtyle

finally beat the game!
clocked in 22 hours 21 minutes.

I was worried the 2nd half was going to be just watching cutscenes and little to no gameplay.
I was wrong. Why did 1up say the 2nd half is 80% watching and 20% playing???? did they include the ending into that? There an equal amount of gameplay for every act,
except the epilogue, which is an ending.

How exactly did this game get an 80 from Edge and other reviewers? It is ok to an opinion, but 80 for this caliber of a game? I would like to know what kind of games they play. seriously. There must be something broken with the review system.

And graphics at around a 9? That's ridiculous. The only game that comes to mind that has graphics this caliber as MGS4 is Crysis. But, there is no other game that looks as artistically beautiful. No other. The later parts of the game looks almost CG. Shadow Moses is godly!

Some people may or may not like the ending (If you beat it already, you know what I mean).
I loved it.

Now I know why Kojima said there games and movies will become one. This is basically one of the best film you will not see in a theater.

Durante

Dead said:
When the battle starts take out her out with regular weapons. Once you beat her, another portion will start where you can take her down with the Tranq gun
Yeah, that would have been nice to know beforehand, I did both parts with the Tranq gun :/

So who uses mic in game for codec calls, cause I could barely hear anything, even after cranking the thing to 10. Also, if I turn up the volume in the XMB, does that make MY voice Higher, or just the incoming voice???>>?

Edit: Man, Ninja Gaiden 2....will I ever play it again? Its just sitting there, poor bastard.

Sato Koiji said:
I already beat the game. Im talking in general :D

ahh ok, yea for sure. TEETH.

Lion Heart said:
So who uses mic in game for codec calls, cause I could barely hear anything, even after cranking the thing to 10. Also, if I turn up the volume in the XMB, does that make MY voice Higher, or just the incoming voice???>>?

Edit: Man, Ninja Gaiden 2....will I ever play it again? Its just sitting there, poor bastard.

lol, I have GRID and Ninja Gaiden 2 just sitting there staring at me.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Lion Heart said:
I tried it but it's kind of pointless honestly.

Raiden was incredible.
The scene in the hospital, where Raiden reunites with Rose. Where he meets his son, and she tells him why she was staying with Campbell, had me in tears. Seriously.

JCtheMC

Quick question: just finished Act 1 and
still haven't acquired face camo. what's up? when do i get it?

So far, this game redefines badassery. Loving it every minute of it.

Edit: Stealth edit quoted, damnit!

h3ro

JCtheMC said:
Quick question: just finished Act 1 and
still haven't acquired face camo. what's up? when do i get it?

So far, this game redefines badassery. Loving it so far.

Keep playing. You'll know when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom