• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmshaposv

Darkpen said:
hurrry uuuuuuuup D:

Also, to whoever made this, where was the hi-res version of that poster thing posted? D: Or is there? At all?

I'm assuming its from the MGS4 strat guide's art gallery

I'm the guy who made the boxart. :)

Original link: http://www.vgboxart.com/view/19095/metal.gear.solid.4.guns.of.the.patriots/?replies=27

I had made it at 200dpi . However, it seems even if its upscaled to letter size a bit (which would be around 300 dpi) and then printed it still looks crisp.

I don't normally make printable boxes.

Anyway here is the printable with spine:

Original link of printable at vgboxart: http://www.vgboxart.com/boxes/PS3/19095_metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the_patriots-print.png

hope you guys like it! :D

P.S. Bruce check your pms.

P.P.S. The poster image is the wallpaper we've seen. I only have it at 1600x1200 like most of you.

Xtyle

too much BS in the GFW podcast
I keep getting this feeling that most of them don't even get the MGS games and yet they talk have this long discussions...what is the point. I have to ask.

them complaining about the
last fight with Ocelot
Jesus. that's one of the fucking cool moments. Even if someone doesn't enjoy that fight, it still is fun.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
SnakeXs said:
Here we go. Not gonna them all, just in case people don't wanna see or something.
[/QUOTE]

AMAZING.

But no dice:

[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x142/reilo/dscf0009pq6ei7.jpg

Has this been posted?

Not mine obviously.

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm doing a no alert no kill speed run, in act 3 do I ,
have to follow the resistance member, or can I just go on my own?
I need to know to, about to start my 'good' runs.

"Where's the Wolf statue on the map, near the entrance?"
right behind you when you start fighting the beauty

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Darkpen said:
I'm going through big boss hard, and I'm somehow amazingly getting 2-3 kills per act, despite not killing anyone that I can think of :(

Watch out for Collateral Damage. Its those moments where not killing slips form your mind where someone gets hit and you never notice (mainly during the "On Rails" sections). I really wish this game gave realtime data of your run instead of having to wait till the end of each act.

tha_con

Banned
Question: Can you use stealth suit during the Assassins Creed run? I haven't seen anyone say if it will / will not effect your score for that particular emblem.

jvalioli

zam said:
I thought the Big Boss face-camo was either gonna be like Naked Snake but with eye-patch or Big Boss who shows up at the end, not Big Boss remains :p
If you've beaten the game:
Wrong eye is missing. It's Solidus :D

HondaF1Fanatic said:
Weird, I didn't. Do you have to start a new game or what?
Load your old save, not a new game.

JCtheMC

dralla said:
Where's the Wolf statue on the map, near the entrance?

After you've killed/tranqed the beauty, it'll be on the right hand side of the door you enter when after Drebin's bedtime story.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Chef said:
Sorry if old but still awesome

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Total Software sales: 1,412,440

Wow? wtf, where are these numbers from? I'm the type of person that doesn't give a shit about Sales-Age but 1.4 Mil sold? On the PS3? unf unf unf

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
tha_con said:
Question: Can you use stealth suit during the Assassins Creed run? I haven't seen anyone say if it will / will not effect your score for that particular emblem.

Special items are a-ok for an Assassin's emblem run.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
SnakeXs said:
Here we go. Not gonna them all, just in case people don't wanna see or something.[/QUOTE]

What was the hardest part?

Was the motorcycle chase as hard as I think it will be?

And did you ever have trouble running out of ammo?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hah, I just figured out that you can
turn on the radio in the upstairs cabin of the plane with your whip from MKII.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The Chef said:
Holy crap that is a banned site! Sorry i need to edit this before i get banned or something
thanks for the heads up!
No worries. It's not like you linked us to the site directly. N4G does that all the time. I made the mistake too.

Farnack

Banned
Flo_Evans said:
Having too much fun online to grind thru the single player :p
I just got my 35+ hour chicken emblem. 8P
Darkpen said:
I'm going through big boss hard, and I'm somehow amazingly getting 2-3 kills per act, despite not killing anyone that I can think of :(
Killing people with your mind?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
mgsbox.jpg

here's my custom boxart

Teknoman

The flashbacks in
act 4 are a nice touch, that and bonus points are cool. You actually get a bonus for moving through that part in a "overhead" camera mode and Snake comments on it
Just found that out by accident...was trying to get a classic screenshot lol.

Diablos

Ok first of all: :bow at the Big Boss run, HOW DO YOU PLAY LIKE THAT? I had enough trouble on NORMAL, now I'm trying BB Hard and I got owned every single time before I got my radar. Seriously, how the hell do you go through that game undetected and killing NO ONE?

Also, I guess watching cutscenes is factored in to "play time"? Because my total time was a lot longer than that.

Secondly,

Steiner_Zi said:
See this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627088&postcount=17834 (along with the quote)
This: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627318&postcount=17852
And this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627397&postcount=17858

Ocelot or Naomi didn't tell Solid Snake and Otacon because they were constantly under surveillance by the Patriots. Anything unusual on Snake's behaviour and the AIs would realise the deceipt and act accordingly. The only way was to catch them off-guard using their own weapon against them.
THANK YOU. But if Naomi was constantly being monitored, wouldn't the Patriots have seen her filming her little goodbye video that we see in Act V once Snake successfully uploads FOXALIVE?

Diablos said:
Ok first of all: :bow at the Big Boss run, HOW DO YOU PLAY LIKE THAT? I had enough trouble on NORMAL, now I'm trying BB Hard and I got owned every single time before I got my radar. Seriously, how the hell do you go through that game undetected and killing NO ONE?

Not killing and getting detected isnt really the problem. Its not using a health item thats the worst part. Especially during the chases.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gamer @ Heart said:
Not killing and getting detected isnt really the problem. Its not using a health item thats the worst part. Especially during the chases.

Yep. That's the real pain in the ass.

Teknoman

lol at Otacon conversation with Snake in the
Shadow Moses canyon on taking out Tanks with grenades. "You're the most hardcore bad ass on the planet! You're...the shit!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Teknoman said:
lol at Otacon conversation with Snake in the
Shadow Moses canyon on taking out Tanks with grenades. "You're the most hardcore bad ass on the planet! You're...the shit!
Dude that was awesome.

Struct09

I completed the game tonight. The game was great, and easily had the best cinematics I've ever seen in a game.

The core MGS game elements were amazing in
Acts 1-3, but fell apart for me in Acts 4 and 5. The boss battles were still pretty awesome though, the only one that really bored me was Raging Beauty.

Amazing game, it really lived up to the overall quality of the series. I'm still processing what I think of the ending, it's going to take a while to sink in.

alexh

I'm just starting to install the game, so I'm alittle late to the party, and for some reason I really feel like smoking right now.

mr_nothin

Banned
I said to hell with the trying to not kill.
You can kill as long as it's stealthy :D
That's how i played the other MGS's...
If I kill then make sure to hide the bodies.
I'll try the no killing next go around.
I'm so happy i restarted the game on big boss hard after the 1st act on normal. It's much better.

Struct09 said:
I completed the game tonight. The game was great, and easily had the best cinematics I've ever seen in a game.

The core MGS game elements were amazing in
Acts 1-3, but fell apart for me in Acts 4 and 5. The boss battles were still pretty awesome though, the only one that really bored me was Raging Beauty.

Amazing game, it really lived up to the overall quality of the series. I'm still processing what I think of the ending, it's going to take a while to sink in.

I feel the exact same way but I wasn't dissapointed.
The ending took a bit to sink in and after playing through the second time you notice more of the little things that make more sense after you know the ending. Act 1,2 and 3 were done superbly gameplay wise. The following two acts added a lot of the storyline needed to wrap up the entire series. But seriously there are a lot of epic moments in Act 4 & 5. And all the acts felt unique, I'd rather them stick more gameplay in the beginning then at the end.

Teknoman said:
About how he stumbled abit when he said Vamp knew him, maybe he was a past character in the series as well under a different name?. Think it'll be explained in the MGS database?

I don't know, i'm wondering if I missed a codec reveal or something.

When playing MGS games, it's hard to take anything for granted. Somehow, Kojima is able to keep me aware of myself while still feeling for the characters. Playing his games, in other words, is a lot like being Raiden in MGS2. And in MGS4, I again felt like Raiden in his new role as Snake's protector.

It isn't how deeply MGS makes me think (I don't care to try to piece together all the story lines), but how differently he make me approach playing a game. After having played MGS4, I've lost interest in a lot of upcoming releases that had my attention a few weeks ago. I guess I just want to be challenged in whatever way Kojima challenges me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom