• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm halfway through the last act
(just beat psycho mantis or whatever he/she's called now
and I just have to get one thing off my chest.

Whatever comes next (and I know I'm near the end)... I'm just very, extremely satisfied with the game. I do not think the last two acts were lame compared to the first three. I think that even though they were familiar for long time fans... they offered enough gameplay to keep things fun.

I'm very happy. Only thing I might consider a minus is the fact that there's some cheesy dialoge and acting here and there. It's almost inevitable for a game with this much cutscenes but still... sometimes I wonder if Kojima is a little too goofy, you know? And perhaps maybe a bit too much of a horndog... I mean... he sure likes to zoom in on asses.

DarkKyo

Man, someone needs to take screens of all the ranking backgrounds(when you press a button to clear the text and it's a nice big HD wallpaper of your ranking!!)

I'd love to display mine on my desktop

Dragon

Banned
Moz La Punk said:
I'm halfway through the last act
(just beat psycho mantis or whatever he/she's called now
and I just have to get one thing off my chest.

Whatever comes next (and I know I'm near the end)... I'm just very, extremely satisfied with the game. I do not think the last two acts were lame compared to the first three. I think that even though they were familiar for long time fans... they offered enough gameplay to keep things fun.

I'm very happy. Only thing I might consider a minus is the fact that there's some cheesy dialoge and acting here and there. It's almost inevitable for a game with this much cutscenes but still... sometimes I wonder if Kojima is a little too goofy, you know? And perhaps maybe a bit too much of a horndog... I mean... he sure likes to zoom in on asses.

The best was when you could hit L1 and look Naomi up and down. But yeah the Otacon stuff can be a bit much. Poorly done. And she's called Screaming Mantis I think. Watch out for your DualShock 3!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just beat it.......Emotional, easily one of the best games of all time. There are flaws but you have to be uber nitpicky if they break the game for you. The hardest parts where
act 5. Especially the beginning. At least for me it was.

The Ending
Seeing all the stuff going down in the end. Zero, Big Boss, it just left me in awe. I wanna play it again to gather all the collectibles.

Eternal respect for Kojipro. This totally delivered.

Bring on the DATABASE.

Diablos

Question about the story. I think I have everything else sorted out, just this question remains:

If GW was being controlled by Ocelot... why couldn't he have uploaded the FOXALIVE virus by himself straight to JD? After all he buried GW into JD without JD even knowing, so obviously there would be a backdoor somewhere...

Why'd he have to instead fool the system and everyone else? Couldn't have Naomi discussed this with Snake, Otacon, and even Sunny under the guise of her past relationship, not what Ocelot wanted her to do...?

djkimothy

jet1911 said:
God the beginning of Act 3 is boring...

The Database sounds awesome. :D

I found it to be annoying on Big boss hard.
the sneaking around and tailing the resistance guy was really tricky, especially in the last section. I only realized that I should be hiding in the drum to get my way around.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I've done it. Big Boss. *salutes*

I took a bunch of pics, I'll load them in a few.

I can die happy now. Not to mention finally sleep.

dmshaposv

Rengoku said:
Did a quick and dirty shop to piece together this cover for my mgs4 case :D
Original was posted a few pages back.

11rwytd.jpg

Hey, I'm working on a printable of this.

Its 200 dpi, without the "europeano" typo and a good spine. Just wait up. :D

Rengoku

dmshaposv said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Edit: oh yeah, the hdd space note on the back cover is incorrect.

SaitoH

Act 2 stealth run help please

Drebin's APC chase scene. I'm finishing the act with 6 kills. I'm almost positive I've killed no one, but I am shooting the 6 Armoured dudes at the gate in the first section of the chase. Are they counting as kills and if so, how do you get past em without killing?

djkimothy

SaitoH said:
Act 2 stealth run help please

Drebin's APC chase scene. I'm finishing the act with 6 kills. I'm almost positive I've killed no one, but I am shooting the 6 Armoured dudes at the gate in the first section of the chase. Are they counting as kills and if so, how do you get past em without killing?

They count. HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Diablos said:
Question about the story. I think I have everything else sorted out, just this question remains:

If GW was being controlled by Ocelot... why couldn't he have uploaded the FOXALIVE virus by himself straight to JD? After all he buried GW into JD without JD even knowing, so obviously there would be a backdoor somewhere...

Why'd he have to instead fool the system and everyone else? Couldn't have Naomi discussed this with Snake, Otacon, and even Sunny under the guise of her past relationship, not what Ocelot wanted her to do...?
See this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627088&postcount=17834 (along with the quote)
This: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627318&postcount=17852
And this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11627397&postcount=17858

Ocelot or Naomi didn't tell Solid Snake and Otacon because they were constantly under surveillance by the Patriots. Anything unusual on Snake's behaviour and the AIs would realise the deceipt and act accordingly. The only way was to catch them off-guard using their own weapon against them.

SaitoH

djkimothy said:
They count. HOLD YOUR FIRE!

Yeah, no sooner did I post then I tried
NOT SHOOTING till it moved me to the next section
. Act 2 down with no kills, no alerts, and no continues.

=D

Maggot9

Banned
Can we login to MGO in the retail using our beta info? I forgot my password for my Konami ID and their site is running slow as shit right now so I cant use their Password Retrieval option. I also checked the email I was sent by them during the beta period and it's not even in there!

finished the game last night.
game sucks......

because everything else that comes after won't be as good. :D :D :D:D :D :D
i think more game series can take a cue from this game on how to properly wrap a series.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
fistfulofmetal said:
Go to the saved data utility and just copy the save file to a flash drive. It automatically creates the file structure and everything.

I'll just assume it's the System Data file? There's that and all my tons of actual save spots. :|

Darkpen

Banned
dmshaposv said:

hurrry uuuuuuuup D:

Also, to whoever made this, where was the hi-res version of that poster thing posted? D: Or is there? At all?

I'm assuming its from the MGS4 strat guide's art gallery

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Hey my PS3 hdd died on me but i just put a new one in and its back up and running. Lost all my saves though. I plan on playing this game many times over but i really want to just start off where i was on the first play through because i'm going out of town for two weeks and i want to finish it before then so i'm not going insane durring that two weeks.....Does anyone have a save right at the begining of act 3? Please PM me it if you do. Thanks!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Darkpen said:
hurrry uuuuuuuup D:

Also, to whoever made this, where was the hi-res version of that poster thing posted? D: Or is there? At all?

I'm assuming its from the MGS4 strat guide's art gallery

Closest i could find was this.
1213834047640.jpg

Darkpen

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Here we go. Not gonna them all, just in case people don't wanna see or something.

[img]http://mt13.quickshareit.com/share/dsc_7350ppd_254e4be.jpg
I'm going through big boss hard, and I'm somehow amazingly getting 2-3 kills per act, despite not killing anyone that I can think of :(

j-wood

This is slightly off topic, but I really want to buy a new copy of MGS PO for my new PSP, but I can't find it anywhere online. Ever site I check says it is out of stock...has it been discontinued or something? :(

VERY NICE BB RUN!!! I'm have 25 emblems done but I'm going to have to build up for my fox run and I have no idea if I'll be able to do the BB run.

Edit: BOOOOOO-urns. I'm going to earn it... I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom