• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZObsessed

Wow I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I've been playing Pro Evo for a couple of days with my fav songs from the MGS4 soundtrack playing on repeat. Just beautiful. "Sorrow" being my favorite.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Dyno said:
Acts 3 and 4 (don't know about 5) don't have the rebel faction and this adds so much to the gameplay. Helping them out or using the intense battle between rebel and PMC to get through the battlefields is where MSG4s game play is at its best.
I suppose so. Act 3 and act 4 are good gameplay wise, but not as good as the first two acts. As you said,
being in the middle of a battlefied is MGS4's main strength. There should have been a battlefied bit to play through in all of the acts

Act 4 was more focused around
providing fanserveice rather than focusing on gameplay, but the gameplay on offer was still good. Having to make your way through a load of gekko's was still pretty fun

Act 3 was a little dull though. Well,
the first part was, but the bit with Eva was great

Flo_Evans

So if there is another one, who would you rather be Johnny or Raiden?

Also I am a little sad you can't get the
ninja sword from Raiden I thought for sure snake was going to pick it up after the ship ran him over.

Dr.Hadji

psycho_snake said:
What was wrong with the gameplay in Act 4?

I just don't think the game redefined the old MGS mechanics (staying out of vision cones/lazer sweeps) into anything with much depth (compared to the rocking "No Place to Hide" gameplay in acts 1+2). The whole time I thought to myself "Hah this is how I used to played MGS", though MGS4's superior mechanics might have even made that play style feel less fulfilling.

That and I don't think some other elements stood out well thanks to too many similarities between the compare and contrast of the old and new.

I didn't feel there was anything special enough about Crying Wolf's style to overcome a slight feeling of "been there done that" when directly contrasted with Sniper Wolf.

I didn't think Vamp brought anything new to the table play wise. And I really didn't enjoy his clunky melee attacks and hand to hand. Both of which seemed to feel really out of place compared to the advancements other mechanics made.

The Self-Destruct Gecko standoff wasn't terribly different than having to fight off the numerous Rays at the end of MGS2 (again play wise). Better controls made the battle more fluent but basically the set up and strats were the same.

I guess the simple way to put it is, those parts didn't feel like they experienced the next-gen boost to the gameplay like previous parts of the game did.

Xizk

haunts said:
Review scores are not my thing and I dont really care, and I rarely ever comment on them but i think its funny/interesting that some of these magazines would give this game a 8/10, and I truly do not understand how someone could come to that conclusion outside of wanting to be different from other publications.

You think it's funny how different people can have differing opinions? I can totally understand why someone would give the game a 8 or 9 because somewhere around there my own score would fall. It's an amazing game but I wouldn't rank it near the top of my favorites because it still has some flaws in my opinion that lowers the score I would give it. I really love the first two acts with the awesome gameplay but from act 3 and forward I really would have liked some more of it.

The ending also didn't have the same impact on me as the ending for MGS3 and I would rank MGS3 higher than 4.

This is of course my own opinion and I can totally understand how some people like it so much.

FFObsessed said:
Wow I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. I've been playing Pro Evo for a couple of days with my fav songs from the MGS4 soundtrack playing on repeat. Just beautiful. "Sorrow" being my favorite.

Could you post the names of all the tracks and bold your favorite so i may scower the internet to hear them?

Speevy

Banned
I have a question.

If I've beaten the game, can I just start a new game freely and get the bonuses of completing the game?

Also, is there a place where I can view all my accomplishments from the previous completion?

Can I watch all the movies from the game?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Shinz Kicker said:
should we make a thread for BIGBOSS EXTREME difficulty updates and strategies rather than making arbitraty posts about what time you got here and how to get through there, while mucking up spoiler discussion.

Didn't you, earlier in this thread, say Big Boss wasn't all that hard to get? :p

Anywho, I'm open for whatever. I'll keep tabs in here and offer whatever help I can give. :p

Speevy said:
I have a question.

If I've beaten the game, can I just start a new game freely and get the bonuses of completing the game?

Why would you want to? Loading a final save is New Game+, and starts with you picking the difficulty.

Also, is there a place where I can view all my accomplishments from the previous completion?
Such as? I guess keeping a final save and checking the Mission Briefing. I believe Emblems can only be seen when you beat the game.

Nope. :'( Existence, here we come, Theater Mode please.

JCtheMC

Shinz Kicker said:
should we make a thread for BIGBOSS EXTREME difficulty updates and strategies rather than making arbitraty posts about what time you got here and how to get through there, while mucking up spoiler discussion.

Seems like a good idea, but maybe that's just a little too Gamefaqish. I'm pretty confident i'll need help when i'll go for my Big Boss run.

Speevy said:
I have a question.

No, load the completion save file and you begin a new game and choose a difficulty. When you meet the MG. II, you get your old stuff plus bonuses.

No.

No. Sad huh? Blame the installs. Hopefully a patch or something will enable a movie viewer.

I was beaten!

KZObsessed

Gamer @ Heart said:
Could you post the names of all the tracks and bold your favorite so i may scower the internet to hear them?

Sure. I only have th soundtrack that came with the LE, so only 16 tracks.

1. Old Snake
2. Love Theme

3. Gekko
4. BB Corps
5. Endless Pain
6. Breakthrough
7. White Blood
8. Midnight Shadow
9. Desperate Chase
10. Guns of the Patriots
11. Mobs Alive
12. Next-Gen Control
13. Sorrow
14. Father & Son
15. Metal Gear Saga
16. Here's to You

Spoilered for the sensitive. :p

FabCam

Just finished Act 3. At first I was like
"wtf is this shit? this ain't MGS!" But holy shit. It's perhaps the best level in videogame history. It's absolutely incredible. Stalking the guy through the city was actually really fun and each time I got caught, I didn't mind because it meant I could do it again but a different way. Bike chase = unbelievable. The cinematic camera was awesome. The sound was incredible. The slow-mo bits were just soo good. Shooting frogs whilst two humvees go flying over you all in slow mo is just too good for words. Finally, it had the best cut-scenes of any game ever in that act alone. The CQC scene was so good. Then the final cut scene. Just wow. I was literally shouting "holy shit, watch out Snake!" Music was great, voice acting is superb. It has better action scenes than most movies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Xizk said:
You think it's funny how different people can have differing opinions? I can totally understand why someone would give the game a 8 or 9 because somewhere around there my own score would fall. It's an amazing game but I wouldn't rank it near the top of my favorites because it still has some flaws in my opinion that lowers the score I would give it. I really love the first two acts with the awesome gameplay but from act 3 and forward I really would have liked some more of it.

The ending also didn't have the same impact on me as the ending for MGS3 and I would rank MGS3 higher than 4.

This is of course my own opinion and I can totally understand how some people like it so much.

Ill have to read the actual reviews after I'm done with the game too see why they gave the scores they did. Of course people can have different opinions, but at this point it is a little mind boggling as to how someone who could give it anything less than a 9 really. It's not like im upset or anything, but again, it's just interesting to me. I havent played every last next gen game thats out there, but again, as far as graphics, game play, content and replay value, I dont know of any other game out there that even comes close to MGS4. At the same time I am a pretty big fan of the series too, not saying the reviewers of the game arent, but that may have something to do with it.

I do have some minor issues with the game myself, but they are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Really its just a couple things, I wish I could hop over more objects and climb around a bit more. I felt a little too "grounded" through most of the game especially after playing Uncharted.. Also some of the melodrama in the cut scenes is a bit much sometimes, but over all none of these are huge issues and dont detract from the over all experience to me.

Speevy

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Didn't you, earlier in this thread, say Big Boss wasn't all that hard to get? :p

Anywho, I'm open for whatever. I'll keep tabs in here and offer whatever help I can give. :p

Why would you want to? Loading a final save is New Game+, and starts with you picking the difficulty.

Such as? I guess keeping a final save and checking the Mission Briefing. I believe Emblems can only be seen when you beat the game.

Nope. :'( Existence, here we come, Theater Mode please.

You sound kind of defensive. I'm only asking about features which are in several other games. If they're not in this one, I'll live.

FFObsessed said:
Sure. I only have th soundtrack that came with the LE, so only 16 tracks.

1. Old Snake
2. Love Theme

3. Gekko
4. BB Corps
5. Endless Pain
6. Breakthrough
7. White Blood
8. Midnight Shadow
9. Desperate Chase
10. Guns of the Patriots
11. Mobs Alive
12. Next-Gen Control
13. Sorrow
14. Father & Son
15. Metal Gear Saga
16. Here's to You

Spoilered for the sensitive. :p

Thank you.

SnakeXs

Speevy said:
You sound kind of defensive. I'm only asking about features which are in several other games. If they're not in this one, I'll live.

No, not at all. Sorry if it came out like that. :p The New Game+ was just a weird one, because, really why WOULD you want to? I guess in the off chance you really wanna start a new game when yer halfway through with your main save or something. *shrug*

And, to the stats, I just wanna know WHAT stats. There's no cumulative stats page, really, but some things are in some places and some are per game while others carry over through all your replays.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Dr.Hadji said:
I just don't think the game redefined the old MGS mechanics (staying out of vision cones/lazer sweeps) into anything with much depth (compared to the rocking "No Place to Hide" gameplay in acts 1+2). The whole time I thought to myself "Hah this is how I used to played MGS", though MGS4's superior mechanics might have even made that play style feel less fulfilling.

That and I don't think some other elements stood out well thanks to too many similarities between the compare and contrast of the old and new.

I didn't feel there was anything special enough about Crying Wolf's style to overcome a slight feeling of "been there done that" when directly contrasted with Sniper Wolf.

I didn't think Vamp brought anything new to the table play wise. And I really didn't enjoy his clunky melee attacks and hand to hand. Both of which seemed to feel really out of place compared to the advancements other mechanics made.

The Self-Destruct Gecko standoff wasn't terribly different than having to fight off the numerous Rays at the end of MGS2 (again play wise). Better controls made the battle more fluent but basically the set up and strats were the same.

I guess the simple way to put it is, those parts didn't feel like they experienced the next-gen boost to the gameplay like previous parts of the game did.
yeah I agree with that. I still liked the act 4 gameplay, but its definately not as good as the first two acts.

Speevy

Banned
SnakeXs said:
And, to the stats, I just wanna know WHAT stats. There's no cumulative stats page, really, but some things are in some places and some are per game while others carry over through all your replays.

Just all the stats you find in the mission briefing as well as your emblems and other goodies, kept on one page.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Act 4 wasn't the strongest gameplay wise, it just struck a mayor cord with me, is all.

So, question:
At the last fight, I died a whole bunch of times (damn that Falcon punch!) after the 4th time or so, my wife looks at the continue screen and notices "did that say "exist" the whole time, or "exit"?" She was right? Not only the "continue" option had been reduced to a super small font, but the usual "exit" option had been changed to "exist" Anybody know what the deal with that is? I didn't click on it cause I didn't wanna re-do act 5 but I'm thinking that may happen if you continue several times on the same spot, or is it just one of those end-of-game Easter eggs Kojima likes so much (FISSION MAILED)

SnakeXs

Raging Spaniard said:
Act 4 wasn't the strongest gameplay wise, it just struck a mayor cord with me, is all.

So, question:
At the last fight, I died a whole bunch of times (damn that Falcon punch!) after the 4th time or so, my wife looks at the continue screen and notices "did that say "exist" the whole time, or "exit"?" She was right? Not only the "continue" option had been reduced to a super small font, but the usual "exit" option had been changed to "exist" Anybody know what the deal with that is? I didn't click on it cause I didn't wanna re-do act 5 but I'm thinking that may happen if you continue several times on the same spot, or is it just one of those end-of-game Easter eggs Kojima likes so much (FISSION MAILED)

It happens in spots all throughout Act 5. It does say Exist, and if you pick it
Ocelot says "Snake, it's not over yet!" or something along those lines. It changes back. At other times it just flickers between Exist and Exit.

Playing it very slow on my second time through, there is NO WAY you guys can see everything the first time, you have to play this game multiple times. This game is huge. I bought the guide and the amount of hidden stuff I would have never figured out blows me away.

I love act 1 and 2, it has incredible gameplay but Act 3 and 4 to me are what makes this game stand out. Act 3 is amazing, forget the guy for a bit and just run around the city taking out guards, its so very different. As for Act 4, the variety in that act is incredible. It felt the most like MGS1 in pacing cause you actually had a bunch of boss fights. Act 3 and 4 keep the excellent gameplay and turn it into something new. This game is such a masterpiece!!

MiamiWesker said:
Playing it very slow on my second time through, there is NO WAY you guys can see everything the first time, you have to play this game multiple times. This game is huge. I bought the guide and the amount of hidden stuff I would have never figured out blows me away.

I love act 1 and 2, it has incredible gameplay but Act 3 and 4 to me are what makes this game stand out. Act 3 is amazing, forget the guy for a bit and just run around the city taking out guards, its so very different. As for Act 4, the variety in that act is incredible. It felt the most like MGS1 in pacing cause you actually had a bunch of boss fights. Act 3 and 4 keep the excellent gameplay and turn it into something new. This game is such a masterpiece!!

Next i dont know about the next MGS but act was very Snatcher/blade runner esque. Aged buildings, very alive enviroment with a pulp noir setting mood, with old school bond gadgets and weapons would rock sooo fucking hard. thats pretty much all i was thinking in act was how much i want a whole game PI in that engine and similiar controls gameplay.

Some people try too hard to find 'flaws' (as they like to call them) in this game and it's unfortunate. Rather than enjoy all the amazing things that this game offers, they try to pin-point little insignificant details instead. Such game shouldn't be played by people with such attitude. Also, I feel sorry for those who try to quantify the amount of gameplay each chapters have...

Btw, Act4 has:
- A LOT of sneaking around, or LOTs of fighting if decide to go that way
- Boss fight with Crying Wolf
- Boss fight with Vamp
- Battle with Gekkos
- Escape with REX
- Showdown between REX and RAY

Only a fan service? Please... Just try this act on a no-alert run and you'll see.

What do people gain from complaining so much?

FabCam

Shinz Kicker said:
Next i dont know about the next MGS but act was very Snatcher/blade runner esque. Aged buildings, very alive enviroment with a pulp noir setting mood, with old school bond gadgets and weapons would rock sooo fucking hard. thats pretty much all i was thinking in act was how much i want a whole game PI in that engine and similiar controls gameplay.

The setting is what I expect of LA Noire. Men walking around in trench coats and hats. Old buildings with cobbled streets. Dark back alleys and dimly lit roads.

NinjaCodah said:
Some people try too hard to find 'flaws' (as they like to call them) in this game and it's unfortunate. Rather than enjoy all the amazing things that this game offers, they try to pin-point little insignificant details instead. Such game shouldn't be played by people with such attitude. Also, I feel sorry for those who try to quantify the amount of gameplay each chapters have...

Btw, Act4 has:
- A LOT of sneaking around, or LOTs of fighting if decide to go that way
- Boss fight with Crying Wolf
- Boss fight with Vamp
- Battle with Gekkos
- Escape with REX
- Showdown between REX and RAY

Only a fan service? Please... Just try this act on a no-alert run and you'll see.

What do people gain from complaining so much?
The
Dwarf Geckos
are ridiculously annoying on the harder difficulties.

1stStrike

Banned
People complaining about act 4 need to play it on extreme. You won't be playing that shit off when one alert brings you to the continue screen.

Even act 3 was a whole lot tougher and tense.

JCtheMC

FabCam said:
The setting is what I expect of LA Noire. Men walking around in trench coats and hats. Old buildings with cobbled streets. Dark back alleys and dimly lit roads.

Please stop stoking my gameboner with the OT talk... Can't wait for LA Noire :)

TheOddOne

Some funny stuff i found out:
I called rose when i was fighting the psycho matis boss, then cambell started to talk. He told me a way to defeat the boss, '' just put the controller in the other port ''. Rose said it wasn't possible this time! I laughed for a hour:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Dr.Hadji said:
Act 4 has one of the best intros and outros for a stage with a "ok" middle section in between.
I just don't know if I can get over the gameplay murder the game committed half way through. Makes me feel kinda strange when I'm one of the few complaining about it, though when people toss around the word "experience" I shouldn't be surprised if certain things take a backseat.

No, I'm with you on this. I'm currently in the beginning of Act 5 and I figure I must be close to that 2 hour epilogue (yes, I know, an exaggeration). While I look forward to watching a feature-length movie, I really miss the stealth action from Acts 1 and 2. After Act 2, the game really lays on the exposition. Nothing wrong with liberal fan service, but I feel that it's come at the expense of substantial gameplay.

Sneaking through the jungle, getting 99% camo rating, inch-worming my way up to Froggie bitches and then CQC'ing their sexy behinds ranks among some of the most badass moments I've ever had in gaming. No amount of on-rails shooting action or sneaking past Gekkos and those creepy drones can ever match how fun it is to manipulate the battlefield via sneaking and CQC.

...and then there's the Naomi/Otacon cutscene at the end of Act 4. Why do almost all the most embarassing MGS moments come from Otacon? Plus, I think the handling of Naomi betrays the audience a little, and even if it was intentional, I don't think it works well. She hooks up with Otacon on the Nomad, then we see her getting all sexy with Vamp. Huh? If there's an explanation for this beyond where I'm at now, okay, I await anxiously. I suspect it's just to show that she was never really an ally to begin with and that she was in with Liquid/Vamp's posse the whole time. At any rate, I found the character transition to be very jarring.

Finally, the voice acting, pacing, and writing during the opening Act 5 cutscene feels very awkward. "Will somebody PLEASE say something positive! ANYBODY?" The delivery on these lines felt off to me, especially from Meryl who remained consistent throughout the previous acts. I only bring this up because up until the end of Act 4, I thought MGS4 might have shaken the amateur hour drama that's plagued the series throughout. Then I get a double-whammy serving of Naomi/Otacon, and then Mei Ling in the beginning of Act 5.

That's not to say these two parts were all bad -- I loved the Liquid/Old Snake battle, and the funny bits like Liquid pretending to FOXdie, Drebin's imitation of Snake's landing pose, and Old Snake's sarcasm as he sat in the Act 5 briefing with his respirator -- all of it was great.

I will probably finish the game by Friday evening.

jjasper

Che you will find out the deal with Noami soon.

Also The reason all the most embarassing MGS moments come from Otacon is because he is the only one
to actually have people he cares for die in the series (Sniper Wolf, Emma, and Noami)

i think this thread has the most spoiler tags i've ever seen :lol

just beat it last night and im still in awe. Now im going to do several playthroughs to absorb it forever. I dont know even when im gonna get to MGO!

during playing the game i was really missing all the detailed things you had to do in previous MGS, like certain items will get you past certain areas, certain weapons will HAVE to be used to clear an area, little quirks here and there. Those previous games forced you to use all or most of your arsenal. MGS4 felt like you played how you wanted to and less linear in that sense.

jjasper

Giant Robot said:
i think this thread has the most spoiler tags i've ever seen :lol

Yeah I kinda wish we could have a spoiler topic where we could all discuss the story without having to highlight everything.

chespace

jjasper said:

Good to hear. I really grew more attached to her in MGS4. She seemed like a tragic figure even
before the end of Act 4.

And yeah, gratuitous Mei Ling fanny shots. Just seems very out of character for a warship captain to do that in the middle of a mission briefing. :p

TheWolf

Banned
jjasper said:

eh, you never really find out
why she was feeling up Vamp or why she told him that she wished for Shadow Moses to be Snake's final resting place.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Giant Robot said:
MGS4 felt like you played how you wanted to and less linear in that sense.

Yeah I think they did an excellent job of bringing a lot of the elements from previous games together and basically let you decide how to tackle each area in your own way. That can be said for previous games too, but its much is much more apparent in MGS4 and also much more encouraged. I cant wait to play through this a 2nd time. I havent done as much sneaking on this first round cuase I want to get through it and beat it.

mileS

BruceLeeRoy said:
MY GOD!!

MY GOD MY GOD!!!

I just played the ACT 3 Minor Spoilers
Motorcycle sequence.....that was seriously one of the
most breathtaking pieces of gameplay I have ever experienced. When the car blows up and is flying over you in slow mo and you can shoot the driver and the guys on the turret
WTF!!! How can they even do that!

The music right before you get on the bike got me soooo pumped. Then when it finally started and you could take control after about 10 seconds I had to actually pause the game because I was jumping up and down completely blown away. The only thing I didn't like that much about that part of the game was the extremely small clip in the gun you get from EVA and if you have the 3rd person aiming sensitivity set to default it kind of seems way to slow to be aiming at all these targets flying by. I had to learn that I had to pick my targets instead of trying to take everything down.

but yea I loved that part of the game. The CQC stuff Snake does right before you meet Big Mama is jaw dropping. Kind of wish there was more scenes like that.

eXistor

Just finished the game. I liked it. I was never a huge MGS fan so that should explain my lack of enthusiasm but I did play and enjoy every MGS title so far with Snake eater being the clear winner imo. MGS4 has a lot going for it and it's great fu to play and to look at, but what nearly kills it for me is the ridiculous amount of cutscenes in it. No doubt this has bee mentioned many times, but I don't really feel like reading the entire thread.

The first 2 acts were fine and have the classic MGS gameplay, but act 3 and 5 were bordering on the absurd. I didn;t count but I know for a fact I've spent more time watchiung cutscenes than actually playing the game and what's more is that the bits where you do get to play (this includes act 4 as well, Normal difficulty I should add) it's in a competely diffent style than you're used to.

Now, I applaud the use of different gameplay elements, but I want MGS to play like MGS and only the first 2 acts have this (Act 4 only a little, but it was pretty cool otherwise so I'll let that one slip). I really do like the game a lot and I'm sure multiple playthroughs will be more rewarding but I swear that in the 20 hours I enden up playing only 10-12 were actaul gameplay.

Just look at act 3 for example: When you get control, it takes about 30-45 minutes to get to the next part after which there is a cutscene Then you get to play again, this time for about 15 minutes after which, another huge cutscene. Finally there's the last bit of gameplay which can take about 15-20 minutes and that's it. You get about an hour's worth of cutscenes after that and the act is done. There was literally more watching cutscenes than playing the game. I like the cutscenes I thought they were well done in a Hollywood kind of overplayed way, but come on people this is a videogame. I would not be surprised if the next sequel to MGS would actually be a Hollywood movie.

gogogow

My MGS4 gaming collection is finally complete :D :

- MGS4 - European version
- MGS4 - Japanese Limited Edition
- MGS4 - US version
- MGS4 - The Complete Official Guide - Collector's Edition

w709yp.jpg

gogogow said:

- MGS4 - US version

w709yp.jpg

Wow 0_0 thats awesome man well done.

chespace

TheWolf said:
eh, you never really find out
why she was feeling up Vamp or why she told him that she wished for Shadow Moses to be Snake's final resting place.

:( Oh well. One for the ages, I guess.

jaaz

haunts said:
Ill have to read the actual reviews after I'm done with the game too see why they gave the scores they did. Of course people can have different opinions, but at this point it is a little mind boggling as to how someone who could give it anything less than a 9 really. It's not like im upset or anything, but again, it's just interesting to me. I havent played every last next gen game thats out there, but again, as far as graphics, game play, content and replay value, I dont know of any other game out there that even comes close to MGS4. At the same time I am a pretty big fan of the series too, not saying the reviewers of the game arent, but that may have something to do with it.

I do have some minor issues with the game myself, but they are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Really its just a couple things, I wish I could hop over more objects and climb around a bit more. I felt a little too "grounded" through most of the game especially after playing Uncharted.. Also some of the melodrama in the cut scenes is a bit much sometimes, but over all none of these are huge issues and dont detract from the over all experience to me.

The problem is not that those sites gave it an 8, but rather than they are not consistent with what an "8" really means in their review scale. If a site rarely gives a game higher than an 8, reserving that score for an incredible game that has some issues, then there is not much to complain about. However when that same site awards clearly lesser (more flawed) games 9s and 10s simply because they prefer to play those other types of games over a stealthy/action game with a story, that is ridiculous.

I guess I find it difficult to understand why reviewers feel compelled to inject their own preferences for a particular game genre into the review and the score, instead of keeping those inherent biases outside of the review. Example: I do not like strategy games. But if I reviewed games for a living and had to review a strategy game such as the Civilization series, I would hope that I could put aside my personal distates for the genre as a whole and be able to evaluate the strategy game on its merits against the tenets of the strategy game genre. And not dock it simply because I personally do not like strategy games.

Same goes with sports games, puzzle games, survival horror games, etc.

Orlics

gogogow said:

- MGS4 - US version

I have one that you don't have! Asian version (printed in Hong Kong, Chinese text on box). :p

burgerdog

Completely random: but I think some people don't realize there's an Act 1 briefing cinema. I've noticed whenever people ask for the camera, battery, etc most people suggest Act 2 or beyond. I don't know why Kojima chose not to have that briefing during the game. Only way to see if is by accessing the briefing menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom