• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Struct09

domlolz said:
Anybody found any humourous codec moments?

Not exactly a hidden one, but in Act 4
I laughed when Otacon calls Snake and tells him to switch discs, but then "realizes" the game is on a Blu-ray disc

the next downloadable content shouldnt be Mgs1 or 2 in this quality graphics.

SOP/Vr missions should be in dev right now. imagaine fighting a giant Laughing octopus while running through the downtown prague.

or even some Ape Escape stuff.
i want my mgs minigames back.

The next game will proubably star Big Boss. After reading the database, i realize there is so much story and potential there. Maybe before or after he formed Foxhound.

Nizz

I think of all the Beauty & the Beast Corps. so far
Crying Wolf has the most f'd up origin. Killing children? Damn...
I wonder how far I'm in?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Gamer @ Heart said:
The installs prevent and sort of Movie viewer. Unless they patch it to allow you to install every chapter, i dont see it happening until the rerelease sadly.

Yes, I do feel the game is split sort of right down the middle. Acts 1 and 2, and then 3,4,5.

Despite the lack of the gameplay substance from the first couple acts, I still found that the B&B fights were really fun and clever.

Why are you so convinced they are going to re-release the game?

newsguy

Finally got around to playing it again. At the end of act 4..........

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS AMAZING

roxya

Struct09 said:
Not exactly a hidden one, but in Act 4
I laughed when Otacon calls Snake and tells him to switch discs, but then "realizes" the game is on a Blu-ray disc

But the funny part about that was
DAMN IT OTACON, GET A GRIP
:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jet1911 said:
Because they did it with MGS2 and 3. :p
Kojima said there won't be another version of MGS4. He seemed pretty serious about it.

chespace said:
Why are you so convinced they are going to re-release the game?

$$$$

Not soon, obviously. 1 year +

I could see them all the minigames and VRs that the others had and add the movie viewer and expanded MGO.

alongside 360 version

roxya

By the way, in the Extras menu, there are 2 camos and 1 ipod track available to download (sorry if old, I just noticed it).

Durante

Gamer @ Heart said:
$$$$

Not soon, obviously. 1 year +

I could see them all the minigames and VRs that the others had and add the movie viewer and expanded MGO.
Unless they figure they can sell each of those separately as DLC and make even more $$$$$.

roxya

_leech_ said:
What's the second camo?

There's a 'blue digital' one that increased rating near water, and a 'red digital' one that doesn't seem to have anything special. I never used them, just read the description.

Durante said:
Unless they figure they can sell each of those separately as DLC and make even more $$$$$.

Oh, im sure they will. But by bundling it all together they can up the value of the package and sell it for more. It makes sense to relaunch the game a year and a half from now when the install base doubles between then and now.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Do downloaded camos add to your automatically changing group of camos? I kind of doubt it, but that would be pretty cool.

They do. The real problem is that the two released so far will proubably never be used.

Ceb

So has anyone found any more hidden L1 moment except pervy Snake in Act 2 and the
The Sorrow sighting after the Screaming Mantis battle
?

wouwie

I'm new to the Metal Gear Solid (my ps3 is my first console) games. I pre-ordered the game months ago due to the awesome trailer on play.com. Actually, the music alone convinced me to pre-order. That and the fact that i love stealth games.

Fast forward a couple of months. I received my copy of MGS4 yesterday. I'm only at the very beginning of Act 1, but that is mainly due to the fact that i replayed the whole opening sequence 4 or 5 times. The "credits" scene at the beginning is just so well done... music, graphics, atmosphere, emotion,... wow.

I've just started my first gameplay scenes and i'm amazed. I still need to learn a lot about the game mechanics but i'm already blown away by what i have experienced so far. The feeling of being in a war zone, the music, sound effects, the graphics, the transitions between gameplay and cutscenes,...

Roxas

domlolz said:

If you get in a trash can on act 1 and call Otacon

Any more?

I wish we could of called Otacon while in the room we fought with Grey Fox and picked on him about his little 'incident',
like you did in MGS2

Otacon's "You're......THE SHIT Snake!" codec was great

ianp622

domlolz said:

If you get in a trash can on act 1 and call Otacon

Any more?

If you keep calling
Rosemary, she starts to get annoyed and says "What's gotten into you Snake?" as if you're flirting with her.

RobertM

wouwie said:
I'm new to the Metal Gear Solid (my ps3 is my first console) games. I pre-ordered the game months ago due to the awesome trailer on play.com. Actually, the music alone convinced me to pre-order. That and the fact that i love stealth games.

Fast forward a couple of months. I received my copy of MGS4 yesterday. I'm only at the very beginning of Act 1, but that is mainly due to the fact that i replayed the whole opening sequence 4 or 5 times. The "credits" scene at the beginning is just so well done... music, graphics, atmosphere, emotion,... wow.

I've just started my first gameplay scenes and i'm amazed. I still need to learn a lot about the game mechanics but i'm already blown away by what i have experienced so far. The feeling of being in a war zone, the music, sound effects, the graphics, the transitions between gameplay and cutscenes,...
First console in general or this generation?

I would suggest that you play the previous games first, but I guess it's too late for that. I'm surprised that you're not bitching about controls and long cut scenes, since most people somehow can't figure them out nor wish to spend time watching anything in games.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Beat it today. Mind. Fucking. Blown.

Trying to grasp the ending, while connecting everything that was explained to past Metal Gear games, is tough.

I've been reading the database for the past hours and I still can't grasp everything. I hope someone brings all the games together in one big story. :lol

wouwie

RobertM said:
First console in general or this generation?

I would suggest that you play the previous games first, but I guess it's too late for that. I'm surprised that you're not bitching about controls and long cut scenes, since most people somehow can't figure them out nor wish to spend time watching anything in games.

First console since my Atari about 20 years ago :eek:)

Actually, i intend to pick up more info on the MGS saga as i go along. This could mean that i might not feel so involved in the story at a first playthrough but we will see. I read some MGS info prior to playing (on websites) but it all seemed a bit too much to take in all at once.

I actually find the controls rather straightforward. I usually practise a bit in the virtual range each time before playing. I still need to learn a lot about the gameplay mechanics but since the game seems a lot of fun, i don't mind at all.

I actually like watching cutscenes if they tell a good story. I absolutely love the idea of a mix between movie and game as long as there is a good balance between both.

1stStrike

Banned
wouwie said:
First console since my Atari about 20 years ago :eek:)

Actually, i intend to pick up more info on the MGS saga as i go along. This could mean that i might not feel so involved in the story at a first playthrough but we will see. I read some MGS info prior to playing (on websites) but it all seemed a bit too much to take in all at once.

I actually find the controls rather straightforward. I usually practise a bit in the virtual range each time before playing. I still need to learn a lot about the gameplay mechanics but since the game seems a lot of fun, i don't mind at all.

I actually like watching cutscenes if they tell a good story. I absolutely love the idea of a mix between movie and game as long as there is a good balance between both.

You might want to check out the Ultimate Metal Gear Video Resource then.

Formless

Solo said:
No, but he hams it up once or twice pretty good using his hands as pretend guns.
GODDAMNIT MOTHERFCKING KOJIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that scene was funny. I'm in Act 4 right now.

On another note, does anyone find it extremely enjoyable to play with the Young Snake face paint? Feels so right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom