• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
2real4tv said:
The epilogue just finished

I forced my wife to watch the Epilogue with me last night. To her credit, she actually sat through most of it. The last straw came when
Big Boss showed up and it moved from in-game cutscenes to talking about mutating AI paths and Zero with 2D images
. Still, it was amusing to me to see the reaction of someone who knows zip about the MGS mythos try and sit through a cutscene. :lol

She also said Sunny had the face of a woman on a little girl's body.

So now that I've finished the game, should I play it on Hard or Extreme? And should I do a no-kill/no-alert? I'd like to do a massacre/no-alert run -- do I get something for that?

Is there a place where I can see all the emblems and how to achieve them, and also all the hidden stuff so I can go grab them on my 2nd run?

Just beat the game for a 2nd time for the camo and stealth and I realized I haven't even done the barrel roll yet. So much stuff to do in this game.

Shins

Banned
1stStrike said:
Oh and, I can't believe all the people wanting peoples completed big boss badge game saves and such. Personally, I put a lot of work into mine..I'm not giving that shit out. If people want the extras, they can earn em themselves. I have no problem helping you out and giving tips, but I'm not spoon feeding anyone a game save =\
yeah you're in a special club daddy don't give that shit out to the peasants

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I feel safe to return to GAF now that I just completed MGS4.

As a guy who's followed Metal Gear Solid almost religiously since 1998, I cannot actually describe my feelings in any way right now. MGS4 made me laugh, cry, and in the end I feel that part of my life is complete now that I've experienced the entirety of the Saga.

The whole MG Saga as a whole is an unequaled experience. And MGS4 is indescribable in the way in which it complemented, captured, and completed it.

I'm going to decompress for a while.
Goodbye Snake, enjoy your freedom.

2real4tv

chespace said:
I forced my wife to watch the Epilogue with me last night. To her credit, she actually sat through most of it. The last straw came when
Big Boss showed up and it moved from in-game cutscenes to talking about mutating AI paths and Zero with 2D images
. Still, it was amusing to me to see the reaction of someone who knows zip about the MGS mythos try and sit through a cutscene. :lol

So now that I've finished the game, should I play it on Hard or Extreme? And should I do a no-kill/no-alert? I'd like to do a massacre/no-alert run -- do I get something for that?

Is there a place where I can see all the emblems and how to achieve them, and also all the hidden stuff so I can go grab them on my 2nd run?

Iam at that scence right now

1stStrike

Banned
chespace said:

I posted all of them a while back, but you can find everything here

Play it on hard first tbh. Going right to extreme will be really hard for you, as some sequences are different and a lot of parts can't be played like you played them before. Even on big boss hard things are different.

You could try a no kill/no alert on the boss hard as practice for a big boss emblem run on extreme. Just, know that while it's cool for you to use rations, special items and healing items on this run, if you want the big boss badge you can't use any kind of healing item or special item (bandana or stealth camo)

Nizz

Man, I know it must be something simple, but
I'm at the battle with Vamp, where Otacon and the Mark II are trying to start the Rex Metal Gear. I keep shooting Vamp and his health bar goes down, but then it refills again. What am I supposed to do? I'd try Gamefaqs but I worry about scrolling too far down and spoiling a part of the story...

ezekial45

Banned
fps fanatic said:
Man, I know it must be something simple, but
I'm at the battle with Vamp, where Otacon and the Mark II are trying to start the Rex Metal Gear. I keep shooting Vamp and his health bar goes down, but then it refills again. What am I supposed to do? I'd try Gamefaqs but I worry about scrolling too far down and spoiling a part of the story...

Equip the Syringe, get him into a CQC hold (preferably when he's recovering health) and use it on him (press triangle)

tha_con

Banned
So far I've unlocked:

Stealth Camo
Bandanna
Solar Gun
Race Gun
Altari Outfit
L. Beauty Mask
R. Beauty Mas.
C. Beauty Mask
S. Beauty Mask
Raiden Mask A
Drebin Mask
Otacon Mask
Young Snake Mask
Y. Snake w/ Bandanna Mask

What am I still missing?

Also, is there ANYWHERE else to get Chaff? I've only got 4 chaff grenades, and I think I need more for my BB run.

Nizz

ezekial45 said:
Equip the Syringe, get him into a CQC hold (preferably when he's recovering health) and use it on him (press triangle)
Thanks, man.
I had actually equipped that at one point, but wasn't sure what to do :(

Mrbob

Don't know if I need to spoil anymore but I will, but I was slightly pissed off at the end of act 4.

I was so busy holding off the gekkos I didn't have a chance to really view the battle between Raiden and Vamp. The split screen view was a cool way to handle the situation though.

Tonight or tommorrow Act 5 is getting done. I don't want this game to end though. :/

2real4tv

tha_con said:
So far I've unlocked:

Stealth Camo
Bandanna
Solar Gun
Race Gun
Altari Outfit
L. Beauty Mask
R. Beauty Mas.
C. Beauty Mask
S. Beauty Mask
Raiden Mask A
Drebin Mask
Otacon Mask
Young Snake Mask
Y. Snake w/ Bandanna Mask

What am I still missing?

Also, is there ANYWHERE else to get Chaff? I've only got 4 chaff grenades, and I think I need more for my BB run.

BB mask?

DAMN! BB extreme is kicking my ass. I got through BB hard ok and thought I could just do the same. I made it through act one really well but now I've spend 2 hours just trying to get past the frogs fight. Nothing is working well enough and it just feels random. sometimes I can move around ok but then they get a 3triple headshot from a corner crack and I die instantly. HALP

Edit: I think Chaff is totally unnecessary, but helpful. There was only one spot one my BB hard run where I wanted to use it and I eventually found a way around that spot. It would certainly help on time, but you can beat 5hrs easy IMO.

snoopers

I am multitalented
I'm looking for the song you hear on the score board that appears at the end of the game, an orchestrated version of the resistance melody. It's not on the MGS4 OST, is it on the MGS3 one ?

Schrade

2real4tv said:
TTP you played this months ago? How did you hold it in?:lol
Yeah that is a pretty damn amazing job TTP did. I would have been oozing praise all over the place.

TTP, you have some willpower.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm in Act III.

Just passed the
Eva chase sequence
. WOW. I didn't really do much since my aiming was bad, but I managed to provide some help.

snoopers

I am multitalented
snoopers said:
I'm looking for the song you hear on the score board that appears at the end of the game, an orchestrated version of the resistance melody. It's not on the MGS4 OST, is it on the MGS3 one ?

Quoted for better luck. Anyone ?

Don

snoopers said:
I think theres a version of it that plays at the end of the MGO trailer. Not sure if theres a full version anywhere.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
snoopers said:

I suspect that a second MGS4 soundtrack will be getting released. The reason why I suspect this is because you can download an iPod track which IIRC says "Metal Gear Solid 4: The Other Side" and if you remember correctly MGS2 has two soundtracks, one with all the cutscene music (by Harry Gregson-Williams) and "The Other Side" which featured all the in-game music (by Norihiko Hibino.)

Kuroyume

Banned
Jesus fucking Christ... The laughing Octopus fight is so freaking annoying. How often does she come out of hiding? Every 40 minutes?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kuroyume said:
Jesus fucking Christ... The laughing Octopus fight is so freaking annoying. How often does she come out of hiding? Every 40 minutes?
Every.... 40.... minutes...?

kuYuri

I've noticed that at the
Liquid Ocelot and Old Snake fight at the end
the word "exist" replaces "exit" at the mission failed screen. I wonder what that's about...?

Kuroyume said:
You are supposed to find her and shoot her before she comes out of hiding.

Mrbob

Kuroyume said:

Protip:

Use the NightVision mode on your solid eye.

FabCam

Kuroyume said:

Er, you have to find her. That's the whole boss fight. She hides, then you have to look for her.

Mrbob said:
Protip:

Use the NightVision mode on your solid eye.

Or stay crouched and use the Threat Ring. Everytime she says snake you can see where she is at. This is actually the easiest Boss fight next to
Vamp

MGS4 is the best produced game that I think I have ever played. Everything from the details in the cutscenes to the easter eggs kojima throws in this game, the sound and graphics. It was well worth every dollar I paid for this game.

Mrbob

PIMPBYBLUD said:
Or stay crouched and use the Threat Ring. Everytime she says snake you can see where she is at. This is actually the easiest Boss fight next to
Vamp

Yeah the Vamp fight was a big disappointment. I expected it to be a bit more epic than it was. Just mow him down or tranq him, and then stick him with the syringe it was way too easy.

At least the fight with Crying wolf beauty was cool. I just skipped past all the frogs using my nightvision following her and spammed the hell out of her with my grenade launcher. I read online after you can get one hit killed on the ground which I didn't realize at the time but it didn't matter, my tracking skills were supreme! :D

eso76

Metalmurphy said:
lol... just figured out you can clean the Octocamo during cutscenes. Wish I knew this earlier. :lol

i swear there's at least one post stating this every other page of the thread : )

xenix

Mrbob said:
Yeah the Vamp fight was a big disappointment. I expected it to be a bit more epic than it was. Just mow him down or tranq him, and then stick him with the syringe it was way too easy.

I did have some problems during my first playthrough. I didn't know how to kill the bastard (wasted A LOT of bullets, even waste half my DP buying bullets :lol ). But now, looking back at the fight, it was really easy :D

pel1300

The tragedy of the MGS saga is that

2 of the best characters, Ocelot and Liquid, were sacrificed in order to create a lame character, Liquid Ocelot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have a question.

I just started Act 4 and I know that as soon as I get home with the PS3 and the game tomorrow, my brother is going to want to play... Will he be able to play from the start while I am on Act 4 (or 5 or whatever) due to the way the game installs each separate act, or will it screw me up if he starts a new game?

FabCam

Wellington said:
I have a question.

I just started Act 4 and I know that as soon as I get home with the PS3 and the game tomorrow, my brother is going to want to play... Will he be able to play from the start while I am on Act 4 (or 5 or whatever) due to the way the game installs each separate act, or will it screw me up if he starts a new game?

You can start as many new games as you like, but he'll have to sit through the 2 minute install to start from act 1 then when you want to play act 4, you'll have to wait for the 2 minute install of that act.

I read in the strat guide that Konami will be giving out passwords at a later date to unlock the
Altair costume

I'm thinking now I should try to get something else then

oli84

Question: I've finished the game, and already started a new game+ on big boss hard.. can I start a new game+ on easy to do the no kill/no alert?

Draft said:
Act 1 was good.

Act 2 was great.

Act 3 was ass.

Is there some actual damn sneaking in act 4?

yes............. if you want there to be

as I was using sneaking in act 4, one could easily blaze through it Rambo style

and act 3 was great

Ceb

traveler said:
Err... what? Act 3 is the most stealth heavy portion of the game.

It's also the most linear one. Acts 1, 2, and 4 offer a lot more freedom concerning how you can choose to approach things.

I personally liked Act 3, but I think it should've had one more playable section to make it feel more... full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom