• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggot9

Banned
Struct09 said:
I have a black Dual Shock 3 and it showed a white one
Actually, a friend told me what it shows is actually a
PS1 DS controller...makes sense, seeing as how right before he tries to read the memory card on a PS1 system, but can't. I have a white DS3 too and I THOUGHT I saw a white controller in the flashback, but when I told that to a friend he just said it was a PS1 controller.

hirokazu

neojubei said:
What@!!!@! Really? Are you serious? Oh crap Kojima am awesome.
How is that awesome? The
Sixaxis isn't available in any colour apart from Black
. If it was and I wasn't aware, it would just show you that colour anyway. The game has no way of detecting
colour controllers you have
, if it did,
Psycho Mantis
really would have my mind blown.

Maggot9 said:
Actually, a friend told me what it shows is actually a
PS1 DS controller...makes sense, seeing as how right before he tries to read the memory card on a PS1 system, but can't. I have a white DS3 too and I THOUGHT I saw a white controller in the flashback, but when I told that to a friend he just said it was a PS1 controller.
Your friend is wrong. It's definitely a
DualShock3

Darkpen

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Well if you bothered to read the instruction manual it would tell you to go to breifing first, then start the game.
lol, it does? I watched the mission briefing anyways (before I played it for the first time), and I felt like I wanted to play the game already, instead of watching the briefing D:

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
hirokazu said:
How is that awesome? The
Sixaxis isn't available in any colour apart from Black
. If it was and I wasn't aware, it would just show you that colour anyway. The game has no way of detecting
colour controllers you have
, if it did,
Psycho Mantis
really would have my mind blown.

Your friend is wrong. It's definitely a
DualShock3

here we go. I suppose I should edit before the kids flip out.

These credits are so long. I just want to go to sleep. Please end so I can save and go to sleep. I had no idea that Big Boss Hard was going to make Act Five SO much longer. Now it is 2AM, credits are rolling, and I want some sleep.

the final boss has set amount of health he has at the beggining of each part. no more less as far as i have seen, no amount of button mash/holding has changed that. you keep the health you have.

sorry if im being bitchy but im trying to kick his ass on Big Boss Extreme, and its frustrating to say the least. im at 3:15minutes so far so im fine on time. the terrible camera angle on the third part is so fucking annoying. just back the fuck up already. why are games still having camera problesm 3 generations into 3d.

Darkpen

Banned
snack said:
These credits are so long. I just want to go to sleep. Please end so I can save and go to sleep. I had no idea that Big Boss Hard was going to make Act Five SO much longer. Now it is 2AM, credits are rolling, and I want some sleep.
rofl

big boss hard was entertaining, though, wasn't it?

I can't wait to play on Boss extreme for my big boss run.

Darkpen

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
I call bullshit on the recover health in the last fight.

at least it doesnt work on BBE mode
You mean the boss extreme mode? There's no such thing as Big Boss Extreme D:

but I'm pretty sure it works, since it worked during my playthrough of BBH.

snack said:

It's funny how so many people have run into that. For me, I knew I was tired, I figured it must have been around 2AM, and I soldiered on.

When the game was finally done, I looked to the blinds and saw the dull glow hitting the carpet, thinking to myself "man, the moon is bright tonight."

Nope, it was 5am and the sun was rising. Whoops. :lol

Oh, not sure if it has been mentioned here yet, but try talking to
Rose
on the codec immediately after dying and continuing. There are a couple of great varieties there. :lol :lol

I can't believe the hatefor act 3. Sure it's short on gameplay but they add something that makes so much sense in a sneaking game.... STALKING lol.

It's a great addition and I hope future MG titles feature this type of sneaking element. Finally sneaking behind someone without the intention to kill.

i love act 3 too, people just wanna kill kill kill :D.

fuck this final boss fight. and those pillars, why kojima why. you train me to sneak, and drive while shooting. than all of the sneaking culminates to a fight thats uses none of your previous skills just to privy to your vision for a great ending you change the game completely.

not to mention everytime i have to swicth to menu so i have no continues. i love this game so much. im so close.

Sho Nuff

Banned
neojubei said:
Kojima should collaborate with Bioware to make Mass Effect 2. Those Gekkos would be great in Mass Effect, they are more frightening than the Geth. Kojima could also help with direction and dialog.

oh gaf

Jack Scofield said:
It's not just me, then. I watched the briefing last night, and I was very confused why I hadn't seen it before. I thought I had skipped it somehow.
To be fair the game's instruction manual TELLS you to watch the Act 1 briefing before beginning the game. Thats the first thing I did.

In my oppinion, spoilers should be open by now. One week after release should be plenty of time for people who'd be interested in visiting this thread to have completed the game. If not... why visit it anyway? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I finished the game, just simply amazing. Should be called the Metal Gear Experience or something. Just... wow.

Is it too early or inappropriate to start a wishlist for a "Substantial" version? :D

First of all, a playable Raiden. At least during
the vamp battle cutscenes. Maybe intercutting what we've previously viewed with gameplay similar to the final battle between Snake and Ocelot. And also having the ability to control the Raiden vs Vamp battle in act 4 instead of taking out gekkos.

More masks. Basically one for every character you encounter.

Body types to go with said masks.

A sword.

i would rather play VR missions of Raiden, and Rex, Co-Op bike racing all in a neat little 10-15$ downloadable package sent staight my heart via wi-fi from my ps3.

MiamiWesker said:
Act 3 offers so much gameplay oppertunity its incredible.

Not everyone tries to go out and explore the game rather then play it and progress the story. They tell you to follow the guy, thats what act 3 ends up being, follow that guy. It is not fun because act 3 is follow that guy and nothing more.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I can't believe the hatefor act 3. Sure it's short on gameplay but they add something that makes so much sense in a sneaking game.... STALKING lol.

Yeah that part is fun, i felt like i was some random PI sleuthing/following some guy. Heck i started hiding behind garbage cans just because it was fun and made for a better scene. The only problem is that it doesn't really matter if you do that or not and you can always just switch to octocamo and crawl along after the guy.

Crusade

MoonsaultSlayer said:
In my oppinion, spoilers should be open by now. One week after release should be plenty of time for people who'd be interested in visiting this thread to have completed the game. If not... why visit it anyway? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Not everyone has had enough time to finish the game

KGKK

Banned
Near the end of my second playthrough of this game. Damn this game is awesome:D :D And I havent even bothered playing around stats wise to unlock the cool gizmos which I will do the next run. Also I still havent touched MGO yet. This game is going to keep me busy for awhile. And damn the graphics and all the little touches. Especially Act4:D :D

Owensboro

Crusade said:
Not everyone has had enough time to finish the game

that, and not everyone has enough money to buy a PS3 and MGS4 to play it. I have friends that love the series, but just don't have the money to jump in.

Steroyd

Chromax said:
Ban till MGS5 right? or was that the other thread...

The rules say you get banned if it's obvious you didn't read the OP so...

I'm nervous about my Big Boss Extreme run, I've stocked up on everything but still feel unprepared...

NeoGAF
GAF
Gaming Age Forum
Forum:an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
also: A public meeting place for open discussion.

Why would you want to go to a place of discussion of something you dont want to gain knowledge of.

if you get spoiled out side of an forum about a specific game you have complete authority to bitch.

spoiler tags were, are courtesy, because everyone was still trying to beat the game. if your in here and you dont have a ps3 or a ps3 and not the game its not the other persons fault you got spoiled.

I finished it a few hours ago. Epic game, has quite a few fuck-awesome moments. Kojima successfully fooled me several times throughout. The only thing I really hated was (Act 5 and onward spoilers):
the Meryl/Johnny subplot and the wedding at the end. It was a really dumb scene.

I'll be talking about this game and replaying it for a long time to come.

Can you guys give me some advice on the Big Boss Extreme Mode:

I am trying to do least a No Alert/No kill run, but I realized I cannot buy any bullets for the nonlethal weapons. So am I really suppose to not encounter as many PMC/Solidrers as possible so I can save the bullets for Boss fights?

and how do you hurt Laughing Octopus and Screaming Mantis nonlethally?

BeautifulMemory said:

I am trying to do least a No Alert/No kill run, but I realized I cannot buy any bullets for the nonlethal weapons. So am I really suppose to not encounter as many PMC/Solidrers as possible so I can save the bullets for Boss fights?

you should read a few pages back all of it is explained at least twice but i just finished my run. so you should have the following
Solar gun
50tranq and emotion ammo for all guns )mosin and mk
Full Vring ammo
patience

B&B can be killed with normal weapons as long as you stamina kill them when they are in human form.
Rail gun ammo is really helpful so is the 50cal sniper

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
BeautifulMemory said:

Yes, you evade as much as possible, and learn what soldiers drop .22 ammo. Solar gun helps, too.

Also, the Beasts can be done with any weapon, so long as you finish the Beauty via stamino. Solar Gun makes it pretty simple and no ned to waste ammo.

BobTheFork said:
To be fair the game's instruction manual TELLS you to watch the Act 1 briefing before beginning the game. Thats the first thing I did.

Dude, I was on spoiler lockdown, and that even included the manual. Who knows what characters or locations might have been revealed in there? :D

Err... i have finished this game twice and i still think this place should be spoiler-free for atleast another month. I mean cmon, it has only been 10 days. DAYS! Not months!

Once again, I hope this place is spoiler-free until, lets say, the NPD sales that'll include MGS4 or E3 or something. 10 days isn't enough, a month or two is.

Jack Scofield said:
Dude, I was on spoiler lockdown, and that even included the manual. Who knows what characters or locations might have been revealed in there? :D

I watched the mission briefing when Act 1 finally kicked in. :)

Darkpen

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
i would rather play VR missions of Raiden, and Rex, Co-Op bike racing all in a neat little 10-15$ downloadable package sent staight my heart via wi-fi from my ps3.
:lol

Kojipro, are you listening??

BeautifulMemory said:
Thanks for the response. Oh man, I already started playing. Might just have to beat it and conserve enough resources for the next run.

i would ditch the run and do one on liquid easy to really stock up. and try to figure out you faster routes.

shagg_187 said:
Err... i have finished this game twice and i still think this place should be spoiler-free for atleast another month. I mean cmon, it has only been 10 days. DAYS! Not months!

Once again, I hope this place is spoiler-free until, lets say, the NPD sales that'll include MGS4 or E3 or something. 10 days isn't enough, a month or two is.

i say give it 3 more weeks. at most. the only people in here should be people who
a: beat the game
b: are playing the game
period if you dont have the game or ps3 and complain about getting spoiler some offhnad comment about _insert crazy item that relates to a character not in the game trailer_ like all the ZOE shit you get for getting chicken emblem :lol

If I get the Big Boss medal, am I automatically awarded the Foxhound, Fox, and Hound medals as well? They basically have the same requirements, only on lower difficulty levels.

I just bought the 80 gig PS3/mgs4 bundle, but for some reason mgs4 will not play. It just goes to a black screen after the PlayStation 3 logo and nothing happens. I can play my other PS3 games fine, and the disk is not scratched. Does anyone know what I can do about it, taking to game back would be to tough since I bought the bundle and I would have to exchange my ps3 as well.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Jack Scofield said:
If I get the Big Boss medal, am I automatically awarded the Foxhound, Fox, and Hound medals as well? They basically have the same requirements, only on lower difficulty levels.

Yep.

Darkpen

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
i say give it 3 more weeks. at most. the only people in here should be people who
a: beat the game
b: are playing the game
period if you dont have the game or ps3 and complain about getting spoiler some offhnad comment about _insert crazy item that relates to a character not in the game trailer_ like all the ZOE shit you get for getting chicken emblem :lol
you get zoe shit for the chicken emblem? D:

Farnack

Banned
I dunno what I did, but when I got the chicken emblem and all other kinds of emblems, I got a
dead corpse camo. It is really awesome because you get act dead and they will actually believe your dead. Works on everything but FROGS, works on Gekkos.

Jack Scofield said:

Yup. This is true.

I must say, the wedding I went to
wasn't like Meryls and Johnnys. Colour me dissapointed. But I was hoping for Drebin to come and fire out some random crap and etc etc

Darkpen

Banned
dabookerman said:
Yup. This is true.

I must say, the wedding I went to
wasn't like Meryls and Johnnys. Colour me dissapointed. But I was hoping for Drebin to come and fire out some random crap and etc etc
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom