• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Danielsan said:
Can anyone tell me if the part mech part human enemies in act 2 can be killed if I want to go for a no kills run?

throw constant chaff grenades at them. To take out the PMCs, use any shotgun with V-Ring shells.

h3ro

How much of a mindfuck would it have been if
Big Boss was voiced by David Hayter as well
:lol

I'm ready to do a no kill/alert run! It'll be my first time doing this in a MGS game, can't wait.

Can some explain something for me?
How did Raiden lose his body?

SRG01

alr1ghtstart said:
throw constant chaff grenades at them. To take out the PMCs, use any shotgun with V-Ring shells.

The easier way is to just use CQC with a rifle. That just pushes them off the truck and hilarious if you knock off five with one hit. :lol

edit:
The powersuits don't have to be destroyed. Just take out the Gekkos and the PMCs and you'll eventually drive through

Just finished Act 5. Way too much information at the end. Still confused a bit of the story parts but that's okay, I'll play it again.

GOTY for me so far.

scoobs

Kuroyume said:
I thought the ending to Act 3 was retarded.
He can shoot down helicopters and control guns with his fingers? What?

Lets give him credit though folks he provided some chuckles.

Danielsan

SRG01 said:
The easier way is to just use CQC with a rifle. That just pushes them off the truck and hilarious if you knock off five with one hit. :lol

edit:
The powersuits don't have to be destroyed. Just take out the Gekkos and the PMCs and you'll eventually drive through
Yup, got it on my second try. By the way, it's absolutely ridiculous how fast you can go through this game when you skip all the cutscenes. I finished act 2 with less than 2 and a half hours on the clock. I'm not even speedrunning it. :lol
This makes the loss of my save game a little more bareable. After this I'll probably do a Big Boss extreme run where I'll watch all the cutscenes again.

Kuroyume

Banned
I get what he was doing geniuses.
It just looked stupid as hell to see him waving his fingers around like a retarded magician instead of using a controller of some sort.

scoobs

Kuroyume said:
It just looked stupid as hell to see him waving his fingers around like a retarded magician instead of using a controller of some sort.

Nunchuck.jpg

Metal gear needs more waggle you say?

Not sure where the game stands among my current all time favs. Need time to reflect on it.
Game Stats
Difficulty: Naked Normal
Total Play Time: 24:22:03
Continues: 20
Alert Phases: 87
Kills: 227

Funny, it doesn't seem like I played the game for a full day's time.

Danielsan

It can not be said often enough but the music in this game is truly in a league of it's own.
"Jackie Presti's - Love Theme" is especially amazing. It gets me everytime.

Master Z

Danielsan said:
It can not be said often enough but the music in this game is truly in a league of it's own.
"Jackie Presti's - Love Theme" is especially amazing. It gets me everytime.

I personally think that Love Theme is the greatest piece of original videogame music ever.

h3ro

ianp622 said:
This is why we need MGS5 to be a prequel centered on Raiden.

I wanted to control him so many times in this game... especially the Frog fight with the sword in his mouth :p

Pojo

Banned
Kuroyume said:
It had more impact the way he did it. What, did you want him to use a sixaxis? The implied power is what made the scene so dramatic.

Cartman86

Banned
Can some explain something for me?
How did Raiden lose his body?

According to the MGS Database
he is captured by the Patriots while rescuing Sunny who is being held in Area 51 (Yes that Area 51).

It says he saves Sunny with help from the Paradise Lost Army (Big Mama). Afterwards Rosemary tells him she had a miscarriage and she remarries causing Raiden to become despondent. He leaves Snake and the team to help retrieve Big Boss's remains with Big Mama. He is captured in doing so and the Patriots perform experiments similar to the ones performed on Grey Fox and they make him a cyborg. Big Mama rescues Raiden and they restore his mind, but his body is stuck the way it is.

Doc Evils

Is anyone else having a MGS4 buying meltdown? I keep buying all his shit when I keep telling my self not to buy it. It's gone worse now, now that I'm buying stuff from Japan. D:

I could buy a new PS3 with the money I've spent so far just on MGS4 stuff.

Remy

ScissorHands said:
Ok I'm clueless
What does the Sorrow puppet do?

Much like the Mantis Puppet can be used to manipulate the living, the Sorrow Puppet can be used to manipulate the dead.

Danielsan

besada said:
G4 just previewed the next Zero Punctuation. It's MGS4.

That's going to be an interesting thread.
He's going to bitch it into the ground but who cares.

He'll bitch about the 9-10 hours of cutscenes
He'll bitch about some of the dialogue
He'll bitch about the fact that there's only 4-5 hours of actual gameplay.

I just hope it will be a funny review. :D
MGS4 already is my GOTY and nothing can change that (well maybe a surprise release of Trico).

[HP]

Doc Evils said:
I found this on an other forum, and I know a few people wanted this but I'm not sure I can post the link since it is a torrent.

If mod's approve I'll post the link.

yes man, please do!

Or PM me it, please?

jett

D-Member
Here's a question...
WTF is the "triangle button" icon in the final fight with Liquid supposed to represent?

Cartman86 said:
According to the MGS Database
he is captured by the Patriots while rescuing Sunny who is being held in Area 51 (Yes that Area 51).

It says he saves Sunny with help from the Paradise Lost Army (Big Mama). Afterwards Rosemary tells him she had a miscarriage and she remarries causing Raiden to become despondent. He leaves Snake and the team to help retrieve Big Boss's remains with Big Mama. He is captured in doing so and the Patriots perform experiments similar to the ones performed on Grey Fox and they make him a cyborg. Big Mama rescues Raiden and they restore his mind, but his body is stuck the way it is.
I wouldn't mind if they made a game about this.

jett

D-Member
DIrtyWeasel said:
I wouldn't mind if they made a game about this.

This is something that annoyed me about MGS4. It acts like there was a game inbetween MGS2 and MGS4(chronologically speaking) that explains all this shit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Solo said:
While the poster currently being dragged through the coals - for not getting what was going on in that scene - is rather humorous, I still maintain that it was cheesy as hell to have Ocelot hamming it up like that. Same with when he taunts Snake on
Shadow Moses after the Rex/Ray fight.
Both were cringeworthy moments.

Ocelot has always been a very showy and flamboyant character. The scene fit him perfectly.

jett said:
Here's a question...
WTF is the "triangle button" icon in the final fight with Liquid supposed to represent?

It's a kanji character, but I have no idea what character. The same icon shows up when you can perform CQC attacks with Rex.

Cartman86

Banned
SSM25 said:
same here, they seem developed by amateurs :(

I feel like such a fanboy when I think like that, but I honestly do. MGS as a series is just above and beyond anything else. Sure it has flaws, but the overall experience can't be matched.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kuroyume said:

The entire scene was supposed to show his absolute control over others. Had he been using some sort of controller, the scene would have been totally anticlimactic.

Second said:
Ugh, I've bought the game since launch. But I'm still waiting until my gf goes on vacation before I touch it.

THE PAIN
The_pain.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
thetrin said:
The entire scene was supposed to show his absolute control over others. Had he been using some sort of controller, the scene would have been totally anticlimactic.

BTW, am I the only one feeling like a gameplay section was cut right before that part?
After defeating Raven, when Snake and Eva go underground. I was totally expecting an "Ico style" moment there. Eva is hurt much like she was after the bike scene in MGS3 after all.

Cartman86

Banned
TTP said:
BTW, am I the only one feeling like a gameplay section was cut right before that part?
After defeating Raven, when Snake and Eva go underground. I was totally expecting an "Ico style" moment there. Eva is hurt much like she was after the bike scene in MGS3 after all.

Yep I thought the exact same thing, and I was actually dreading it. Didn't like that part in
MGS3 at all. Loved it in Ico though.

No_Style

Cartman86 said:
Yep I thought the exact same thing, and I was actually dreading it. Didn't like that part in
MGS3 at all. Loved it in Ico though.

Thought the same.

And here I was already to
knock her out and drag her along
. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
No_Style said:
Thought the same.

And here I was already to
knock her out and drag her along
. :lol
I just played MGS3 this weekend and that is my least favorite part in the entire series. no joke.

datamage

tribal24 said:
im starting to think mgs 4 ruined gaming for me-_- , i cant enjoy other games now

Hah, the same thing happened to me after MGS1, and now with MGS4 as well. :| (It'll wear off eventually.)

No_Style

Y2Kev said:
I just played MGS3 this weekend and that is my least favorite part in the entire series. no joke.

Worse than the Emma and swimming segments in MGS2? I thought that was pretty annoying too. I can see how that segment in MGS3 could be worse in a no kills/alerts run, but just playing through it gave me the opportunity to lay claymores and magazines.

DunpealD

Kuroyume said:

Your jealousy is speaking don't whine about something you'd like to do as well.

EDIT: It would have been great if they'd have put Guns of the Patriots as a secret weapon for Snake. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom