• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Jack Scofield said:
If I start the Boss Extreme and save over my main file, am I stuck or is there a way to start a new game with all my previous info (guns, items, etc)? I don't want to start Extreme only to find out I can't back out of it.

You're stuck forever on that mode until you complete it.

The first 2 sections of the
car chase
in Act 3 were so hard because there was so many people I couldn't kill yet they can shoot me to hell, I can't wait to start killing the ravens.

And when i'm done with the Big boss emblem i'm doing Boss Extreme mode again, and killing everything in sight for revenge.

Steroyd said:

car chase
in Act 3 were so hard because there was so many people I couldn't kill yet they can shoot me to hell, I can't wait to start killing the ravens.

And when i'm done with the Big boss emblem i'm doing Boss Extreme mode again, and killing everything in sight for revenge.

I guess I'll be making a separate save file, then. thanks for the info.

And I really need to get back into Warhawk. I've been neglecting it for a few weeks, now. :(

Steroyd

Jack Scofield said:
I guess I'll be making a separate save file, then. thanks for the info.

And I really need to get back into Warhawk. I've been neglecting it for a few weeks, now. :(

If you're going for the Big Boss emlbem you'll need ALOT of different saves. :lol

I managed to squeeze about an hour of Warhawk a couple of days ago, god i miss that game. :(

Awntawn

Wow, I just realized you can change the channels in the opening sequence, and there's 2 blank HIDEO channels as well XD

Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be a way to skip it? Correct me if I'm wrong ;o

Darkpen

Banned
Steroyd said:

car chase

D:

I try to avoid killing people in MGS.

I do, however, kick the dwarf gekkos.

west

Just a tought.

Do the different boxes in the ranks display have a connection to throphies? There are four categories. Seems to fit with the trophy "leaks" (bronze, silver, gold, platinum). Or has anyone found another meaning?

this is solid snake!

fMSX0045.jpg

and big boss on the right. Btw, did they change snake and big bosses appearance in the ps2 mgs3 subsistence msx versions of metal gear?

Steroyd

west said:
Just a tought.

Do the different boxes in the ranks display have a connection to throphies? There are four categories. Seems to fit with the trophy "leaks" (bronze, silver, gold, platinum). Or has anyone found another meaning?

The first box looks to be the emblems that gives you items (stealth camo, bandanna, Patriot etc), the ones in the second section look like vanilla emblems, can''t figure out what the the bottom section is though.

I have like 86 saves

doesn't take much space so why not?

How the heck do you keep track!?

I can't have anymore than about 5 or 6 (not including my master save i.e the end game save) for each level.

fps fanatic said:
Anybody else's finger felt like mush
when Snake had to crawl his way through the microwave heated hallway on his way to GW?
Man, was I tense :lol I'm now
at the fight with Liquid Ocelot at the top of the carrier. But my CQC skills are in the basement :( The stealth and the shooting parts are great, but I've never been a big CQC user, so I'm kinda stuck at the hand to hand. But I'll get through, cause I can feel I'm close to the end...Ahhh, the end...

I was actually tearing up at that part. It was so epic, yet so fucking painful on my finger. Not to mention all the shit that's going down
in the split screens. Really makes you think for a second that everyone's fucked.

Darkpen

Banned
Steroyd said:

I can't have anymore than about 5 or 6 (not including my master save i.e the end game save) for each level.
It says what each save represents in the descriptor :|

But yeah, personally I've maxed out how many saves I can have for MGS4, lol. I actually had to start deleting them. It was because I was making a new save for each area I was entering successfully for my Big Boss run.

mileS

Steroyd said:
The first box looks to be the emblems that gives you items (stealth camo, bandanna, Patriot etc), the ones in the second section look like vanilla emblems, can''t figure out what the the bottom section is though.

each new zone that lets you save I make a new save basically. Gives alot of options of going back a save or two to redo something. Its easy to keep track with the pics.

Darkpen

Banned
fps fanatic said:
Anybody else's finger felt like mush
when Snake had to crawl his way through the microwave heated hallway on his way to GW?
Man, was I tense :lol I'm now
at the fight with Liquid Ocelot at the top of the carrier. But my CQC skills are in the basement :( The stealth and the shooting parts are great, but I've never been a big CQC user, so I'm kinda stuck at the hand to hand. But I'll get through, cause I can feel I'm close to the end...Ahhh, the end...
I was crying when the microwave hallway scene was happening :( I was like "go, snake, you have to go, keep moving." It was like, having Otacon saying that, was so freaking sad, with the music and everything.

Just brings tears even thinking about it.

As for that fight, I've personally put up the strategy on how to defeat him, if you, or anyone else, need help.

Its actually more like a fighting game than it is CQC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11706705&postcount=21147

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Any of Japan GAF wanna help me out?

I'm trying to find one of these Hori Gunmetal edition charge stations for PS3 controllers....

charco20010000-img150x123-1213355501sdptn632541.jpg

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/...%A5%E7%A5%F3%A5%B9%A5%BF%A5%F3%A5%C9&auccat=0

As seen in the link above...

If you know anything, please help me out! I can pay or if you want to trade let me know.

I have a LOT of money in Play-Asia store credit and I'm willing to negotiate if you can help me find one of these for a decent price.

glaurung

Has anybody figured out what the EXORCISE command does within the photo album viewer?

I took a snap of the
Policenauts poster over at Shadow Moses, in Emmerich's old laboratory
and the EXORCISE command appeared on the menu.

When I used it, there was a classic ghost howling sound effect and nothing else.

Would it be possible to obtain items or such from pictures?

1stStrike

Banned
Proc said:
What the hell is everyone playing now that they finished it? I'm finding it hard to warm up to MGO and looking for something new for one of my consoles. I'd grab BF:BC but the imminent pc release keeps me away. I'm just about finished NG2..hmm I'm itching for something new heh.

Come play with the neogaf MGO clan. It's a completely different experience.

What don't you like about it? I don't think I've ever played any online game where I liked everything about it. There's a couple things that can be annoying, but it's probably the most fun I've had in an online game in a while. The game modes are fun, the weapons are cool and the close combat involves more than tapping a button to knife someone.

Ploid 3.0

Man this dude is the most amazing MGS4 player I have ever seen. The Boss Extreme mode. It's like this is some jackie chan planned level of precision. I get alerts just trying to get close to a pmc in this mode. \I need to get some skills like this.

Warning highly spoiler filled. A whole level in act 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH60MOvrAog

Ploid 3.0

glaurung said:
Has anybody figured out what the EXORCISE command does within the photo album viewer?

I took a snap of the
Policenauts poster over at Shadow Moses, in Emmerich's old laboratory
and the EXORCISE command appeared on the menu.

When I used it, there was a classic ghost howling sound effect and nothing else.

Would it be possible to obtain items or such from pictures?

If a ghost is in the picture it removes it like in MGS1. A ghost must have been near by from where you took the picture just out of the frame. I know one is in that hall with all of the gray fox slashing took place. Looks darn creepy.

1stStrike

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Man this dude is the most amazing MGS4 player I have ever seen. The Boss Extreme mode. It's like this is some jackie chan planned level of precision. I get alerts just trying to get close to a pmc in this mode. \I need to get some skills like this.

It takes practice..I went through all of act 2 without an alert too (on extreme). You just need to know what you're doing.

glaurung

Kittonwy said:
Finished teh game on Big Boss Hard. IMA EAGLE RAWR PEWPEWPEW OR WHATEVER SOUND EAGLES MAKE!!!111!!!
angry.gif

Hawks usually cry.

Wikipedia said it said:
The cry of the Red-tailed Hawk is a two to three second hoarse, rasping scream, described as kree-eee-ar, which begins at a high pitch and slurs downward This cry is often described as sounding similar to a steam whistle. It frequently vocalizes while hunting or soaring, but vocalizes loudest in annoyance or anger, in response to a predator or a rival hawk's intrusion into its territory. At close range, it makes a croaking "guh-runk". Young hawks may utter a wailing klee-uk food cry when parents leave the nest.

And I got a Hawk rating on my first playthrough as well. Plus some worm and hyena and something for item collection and such.

mileS

Ploid 3.0 said:

oh my god that was pretty amazing. Makes me want to go mess around and try and pull off crazy stuff like he is :D

wow watching some of the more combat heavy parts of the game you can really see how skilled this guy is.

I wish the MGS4 Database went into more backstory detail about the B&B Unit. The briefings Drebin gives you about each members' history left me wanting to know more about them.

Steroyd

Farnack said:
Twelve just now. 8D

2zqbwwh.jpg

Hey cool. Me too!

How the FUCK did you do the third section of the motorbike chase on Act 3! >_<

You better give me the right answer to this other question! :mad:

If i er... "accidentally" hit an exploding barrel and a frog just happens to be standing right next to it, is that counted as a kill, now remember i will only accept the right answer. :(

1stStrike

Banned
Steroyd said:
How the FUCK did you do the third section of the motorbike chase on Act 3! >_<

You better give me the right answer to this other question! :mad:

If i er... "accidentally" hit an exploding barrel and a frog just happens to be standing right next to it, is that counted as a kill, now remember i will only accept the right answer. :(

Yes, that counts. I've explained this like 5 times now in this thread D:

Use auto-aim for the guys on turrets and spam smoke/stun grenades for the rest of the way. If you need to shoot, use the tranq pistol and then immdediatly switch to the double barrel shotgun with the vrings and get off a shot (faster than reloading and gives you a wide area instead of just a single target)

But yea, smoke/stun grenades are your friend. Also, hitting the guys on turrets without auto-aim is damn near impossible. I've done it, but they usually had taken off some life by that point.

Farnack

Banned
dabookerman said:
Which I have.

It's just the act 3 chase really.
I only used the shotty once in the chase.

I used it to quick switch from the MK22 to the shotty when the slo mo jump over the barricade happens. Took out the turret guys that way.

And you do have unlimited ammo during the chase scene.

Nemesis_

disappeared said:
I wish the MGS4 Database went into more backstory detail about the B&B Unit. The briefings Drebin gives you about each members' history left me wanting to know more about them.
Me too. If I recall, it went into a little more detail btu nothing much. They definitely intrigued me. I am interested in the process of the augmentation into the suits - why can't they live outside of the suits for long?

Who was responsible for bringing them together?

But yeah, on a side not (Spoiler for after Screaming Mantis battle)
Psycho Mantis was controlling the BB Unit indirectly via Screaming Mantis, amirite?

Nemesis556 said:
Me too. If I recall, it went into a little more detail btu nothing much. They definitely intrigued me. I am interested in the process of the augmentation into the suits - why can't they live outside of the suits for long?

Who was responsible for bringing them together?

But yeah, on a side not (Spoiler for after Screaming Mantis battle)
Psycho Mantis was controlling the BB Unit indirectly via Screaming Mantis, amirite?

Basically, yeah.

Steroyd said:
There's auto aim!? o_O
You have to enable it in the Options menu for some reason. Then you can press SQUARE to switch from automatic and manual aiming anytime while you play. You can enable auto-aim for MGO too.

It's weird that you have to enable the option to use auto-aim... The square button doesn't do anything otherwise.

Darkpen

Banned
LOL

Oh my god, I just realized what Sunny's playing.

I'm watching the Mission 2 briefing for my Altair run, and I'm messing with the Mk 2, and while looking at what Sunny's playing on her PSP, I realized, its freaking Penguin Adventure, the first game Kojima worked on :lol Oh my god.

:lol

Farnack said:

I used it to quick switch from the MK22 to the shotty when the slo mo jump over the barricade happens. Took out the turret guys that way.

Actually, I find the shotty useful at least 3 times, when you come across guys on turrets. At other times, the smoke grenades do the job, and the mk 2 tranq every now and then.

Darkpen said:
LOL

Oh my god, I just realized what Sunny's playing.

I'm watching the Mission 2 briefing for my Altair run, and I'm messing with the Mk 2, and while looking at what Sunny's playing on her PSP, I realized, its freaking Penguin Adventure, the first game Kojima worked on :lol Oh my god.

:lol

So that's why that game's in the credits. I couldn't figure it out.

Steroyd

Farnack said:
Nope.

But safe to say that ammo isn't an issue when you have the solar gun.

Ammo isn't an issue in the chase because you've got unlimited everything anyway, oh look I found the V-ring ammo.

Yes. And, I did my entire TBE run without the solar gun. So, if I can do it, you can too. There's plenty of ammo as long as you know where it is and don't waste your shots.

The Solar gun is USELESS you get easily spotted and because there is almost always at least 2 people you can't get away with a fully charged blast.

There is only one occasion that the Solar gun became in useful druing the chase scene and that was with a lull of nothing happening.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ploid 3.0 said:

Damn didnt know you can down enemies as well after the disarm even with rifles.

1stStrike

Banned
Steroyd said:
Ammo isn't an issue in the chase because you've got unlimited everything anyway, oh look I found the V-ring ammo.

The Solar gun is USELESS you get easily spotted and because there is almost always at least 2 people you can't get away with a fully charged blast.

There is only one occasion that the Solar gun became in useful druing the chase scene and that was with a lull of nothing happening.

I'm thinking you're still a bit unrefined with its use.

Farnack said:

Do you get v-ring at any time during the game? Because I know I haven't used it but I haven't bought any either.

1stStrike

Banned
dabookerman said:
Do you get v-ring at any time during the game? Because I know I haven't used it but I haven't bought any either.

There's several spots to get it. Two places off the top of my head are the
liquid octopus and raging raven fights. They're in plain view. There's a few other spots in the game where you can grab it as well.

1stStrike said:
There's several spots to get it. Two places off the top of my head are the
liquid octopus and raging raven fights. They're in plain view. There's a few other spots in the game where you can grab it as well.

Sweet ok, I must have them then. Man I come home tomorrow, can't wait to play mgs4 again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Steroyd said:

I found it very helpful for my no kill run actually. Especially against beauties.

What do the gold tags represent on the medal screen? I just completed my first play through, and got four medals. One of them has a gold tag on it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom